Hello from TN.

Hello0o0oo00oo and welcome Cracker (what a name)...anyway, you are a resident of one of the most beautiful states there is, I should know, cause I also live in Tennessee!

"CrackerMagnum?" Can you explain that one?

A black guy I worked with gave me that name when I stopped by the shop one Saturday afternoon after a deer hunt that morning. I was decked out in camo except for an Atlanta Braves cap. I went on a handgun hunt and had a Taurus Raging Bull in .454 Cassull still strapped on my side so just by the way I looked he called me Cracker Magnum. I thought it was a funny nick name.

Hello0o0oo00oo and welcome Cracker (what a name)...anyway, you are a resident of one of the most beautiful states there is, I should know, cause I also live in Tennessee!

Lived here all my life except for a few years in Georgia in the army, wouldn't want to live anywhere else. But if I had to pick another state, say just for a couple of months a year it would be Wyoming.

hello hello western nc here.....from my house i can see tn lol......

but i am about 6 miles from state line......where in tn are you....its is a big state

"CrackerMagnum?" Can you explain that one?

A black guy I worked with gave me that name when I stopped by the shop one Saturday afternoon after a deer hunt that morning. I was decked out in camo except for an Atlanta Braves cap. I went on a handgun hunt and had a Taurus Raging Bull in .454 Cassull still strapped on my side so just by the way I looked he called me Cracker Magnum. I thought it was a funny nick name.

Black college buddy used to call me a "Corn-fed mark".
I took it as a badge of honor. :D

Lived here all my life except for a few years in Georgia in the army, wouldn't want to live anywhere else. But if I had to pick another state, say just for a couple of months a year it would be Wyoming.
Welcome to USMB, CrackerMagnum. Thank you for your service to the USA.

You might want to be in Wyoming June 30 to August 31 or else, take 4 seasons wardrobe with you if you're there two months a year. That way, you're reasonably ok to wear spring/fall/summer clothing sans the parkas and mukluks that take too much weight and space while driving to get there. I ought to know. I lived in the Equality State from 1969-2009 with a 5 year hiatus to the Beaver State. :D

Of course, if skiing is your passion, December 15-February 15 is likely to be your best bet with a destination of Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Your best summer destination is in Casper, Wyoming, the Oil Capital of the Rockies and home of the Central Wyoming Fairgrounds. All the good stuff is less than 200 miles from there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back