Hello from the treestand

I don't hunt but I am an archer. Tournament (money) shooter for many years but a cervical spine condition has sidelined me. Now I shoot when I can and maybe a dozen arrows @ 25 yards on a good day. Used to be I would shoot 40 to 50 at 90 meters.

I am aging and moved up to a faster compound bow, then I got some old mans disease... I am about 90% back, but walking out thru the woods with a climbing stand and a total of about 35lbs of kit gets more challenging every year. I restarted shooting a couple of arrows every half hour.

As we age, we hold onto what we can.

I practice some at 50 yards, 90m is crazy! :)

Last edited:
420116_2476875095200_1095330282_n.jpg

I was posting this as a joke somewhere else and it just kind of fit the moment. If there is a moment to fit, that is.

I am truly sorry to the tree for all the smelly hippy hugs.

:lol:

Welcome! You don't have to apologize to Liberals, they wouldn't apologize to you.

I don't hunt but I like listening to all the "Tree Stand Stories" the guys at work tell.

Its about tree stand time, less than a month to shake the dust of the stick and string

Yeah, just broke the drop away rest on my new(er) Mathews. I decided to move to a 5 pin sight and a 'biscuit, still sighting the stupid thing in...

I have a drop away on one bow and a Whisker Biscuit on the other. I tried to drop away at the urging of several friends but to be honest I still prefer the old reliable Whisker Biscuit

Welcome....seems like we might have one thing in common.....you said you ride a bike - Mr Mertex has a Harley and I ride with him.....hope you enjoy posting here.

Its about tree stand time, less than a month to shake the dust of the stick and string

Yeah, just broke the drop away rest on my new(er) Mathews. I decided to move to a 5 pin sight and a 'biscuit, still sighting the stupid thing in...

ran a pro shop, have been pro staff for others 15+ years. don't like Whisker biscuits-in wet cold conditions they can freeze up and rip off your vanes

me-TT "Shaky Hunter" with a Carter release. Hoyt bows. Single pin sight-don't like lots of stuff cluttering up my sight window

I am aging and moved up to a faster compound bow, then I got some old mans disease... I am about 90% back, but walking out thru the woods with a climbing stand and a total of about 35lbs of kit gets more challenging every year. I restarted shooting a couple of arrows every half hour.

Do you visit the Archery **** Forum?

Thanks. I thought mention of other Forums was verboten here?

But yes, there is that one and one other. ... that I have used to ask technical questions directly to experts.

I do suppose that before this country decided to take a giant jump to the left, I might have enjoyed talking at length about such things. Now I just do them, and I talk about politics. :(

Last edited:

Do you visit the Archery **** Forum?

It depends on the context. Mentioning is ok, linking to or promoting is not.

Please don't do that again, Mike.

ran a pro shop, have been pro staff for others 15+ years. don't like Whisker biscuits-in wet cold conditions they can freeze up and rip off your vanes

me-TT "Shaky Hunter" with a Carter release. Hoyt bows. Single pin sight-don't like lots of stuff cluttering up my sight window

I am mostly Mathews and self-bows that I make myself for Trad archery. Have never settled on a favorite release, sight, or arrow (Although Victory is a new favorite due to price), and if Muzzy quit making broadheads I might mourn an entire season.

I am thinking of making a crossbow, I am dangerous when I start thinking.

Do you visit the ******* **** Forum?

It depends on the context. Mentioning is ok, linking to or promoting is not.

Please don't do that again, Mike.

Did I not redact sufficiently?

Redaction complete.

I am mostly Mathews and self-bows that I make myself for Trad archery. Have never settled on a favorite release, sight, or arrow (Although Victory is a new favorite due to price), and if Muzzy quit making broadheads I might mourn an entire season.

I am thinking of making a crossbow, I am dangerous when I start thinking.

crossbows are big in ohio. I am a big fan of Excalibur-its the best by far but 10 Point isn't bad for compound bows.
the hardest part of making a tracked xbow is making the track perfectly straight. the triggers are a problem as well but if you do a trackless bow, its much easier

good luck

Welcome....seems like we might have one thing in common.....you said you ride a bike - Mr Mertex has a Harley and I ride with him.....hope you enjoy posting here.

The latest bike in my collection is my first Harley, for short distance duty it has become my favorite scoot. The Beemer simply does not want to get out of the garage for less than a 150 mile jaunt. :)

Forum List

Back