Hello all!

cduebelhoer

Jan 8, 2011
Bloomington, IN

Good afternoon everyone, new to the boards and excited to be here. Seems I've found a good place to have thoughtful political discussion.

I am 23 years old, in my final semester of undergrad at Indiana University in Bloomington, IN. Grew up in a house of true independents in my parents, people who don't vote by party, but rather by person. 2008 was my first opportunity to vote in a Presidential election. I would say I identify as one of those "young Obama Democrats" and fall on the left side of the aisle. That's not saying I don't disagree with him or the left on issues from time to time. Just because I generally feel progressive, doesn't mean I agree with the entire progressive agenda.

I'm pro-choice, pro-death penalty, anti-gun, pro-tough immigration, pro-big government, pro-defense cuts, and do believe the rich deserve to be taxed more, just to name a few things.

I look forward to meeting everyone, and hopefully become a good part of the discussion around here!

Welcome.

People with more money deserve to be taxed more, eh? Thats a good incentive for people to make something of their lives :thup:

Good afternoon everyone, new to the boards and excited to be here. Seems I've found a good place to have thoughtful political discussion.

I am 23 years old, in my final semester of undergrad at Indiana University in Bloomington, IN. Grew up in a house of true independents in my parents, people who don't vote by party, but rather by person. 2008 was my first opportunity to vote in a Presidential election. I would say I identify as one of those "young Obama Democrats" and fall on the left side of the aisle. That's not saying I don't disagree with him or the left on issues from time to time. Just because I generally feel progressive, doesn't mean I agree with the entire progressive agenda.

I'm pro-choice, pro-death penalty, anti-gun, pro-tough immigration, pro-big government, pro-defense cuts, and do believe the rich deserve to be taxed more, just to name a few things.

I look forward to meeting everyone, and hopefully become a good part of the discussion around here!

You didn't fall on the left side of the aisle, you tripped almost all the way over to the far wing.
Well, it should be interesting. As for thoughtful political discussion......... How thick is your skin........?
Welcome!

Dude, I hate to break this to you when you're still so new here, but you just failed epic as an American with those right there.

Those bolded positions shit all over what the founders wanted, the Constitution, etc. I look forward to seeing your defense a governmental style that is inherently authoritarian/oppressive and resembles Hitler and Stalin.

Welcome........

I thank everyone for their thoughts, but Hitler and Stalin? I don't know about that.

I'll admit, I wasn't pro big government till I took a political science class here in school, and after lengthy lectures and discussion with my teacher, I don't know how anyone can argue against it. But that's what's great about America, we can.

As per defense cuts, there becomes a certain point where you spend so much for things you don't need, it's obscene. Protecting America comes at a cost, yes, but spending to spend just to flex our muscles, is a no-no.

My skin is thick all, so no worries :)

I thank everyone for their thoughts, but Hitler and Stalin? I don't know about that.

I'll admit, I wasn't pro big government till I took a political science class here in school, and after lengthy lectures and discussion with my teacher, I don't know how anyone can argue against it. But that's what's great about America, we can.

As per defense cuts, there becomes a certain point where you spend so much for things you don't need, it's obscene. Protecting America comes at a cost, yes, but spending to spend just to flex our muscles, is a no-no.

Took a PolSci class and turned into a fan of big government.... color me shocked pink. I suggest you learn to think for your self instead of having your thoughts provided by others. Just an idea.

Welcome to the board.

Took a PolSci class and turned into a fan of big government.... color me shocked pink. I suggest you learn to think for your self instead of having your thoughts provided by others. Just an idea.

Welcome to the board.

Nobody said I didn't think for myself. I just was simply stating that I was presented a differing view that what I previously had, and it really opened my eyes. No decision was made for me.

Welcome to the board.

Nobody said I didn't think for myself. I just was simply stating that I was presented a differing view that what I previously had, and it really opened my eyes. No decision was made for me.

BS, you were obviously indoctrinated.

Not off to a good start here man.............

Welcome to the board.

Don't worry about anything this idiot says, cduebelhoer. If you haven't already, you'll soon discover just what a self-important twat he is!

Don't worry about anything this idiot says, cduebelhoer. If you haven't already, you'll soon discover just what a self-important twat he is!

Thanks for the welcome, Colin. I was a little taken aback with the buzzsaw I ran into with him...

Thanks for the welcome, Colin. I was a little taken aback with the buzzsaw I ran into with him...

You will love Colin.

He lives in England, but he is also a Hoosier a few times a year.

Ask him where his new Colts jacket is..............................:eusa_whistle:

Run along troll. Facts have never really proven to be your thing anyway.

(R)eallyStupid1 has a very high opinion of himself. The rest of us, not so much.

But... I stand by what I said about PolSci. They tell you what to think - they do not teach you how to think for yourself. That comes with experience. Your political views are yours - no one should form them for you.... not even someone who has 'Professor' in front of their name. Just keep an open mind.

Run along troll. Facts have never really proven to be your thing anyway.

You need to get over your habit of calling everyone who calls you out on your Bullshit a troll. You make yourself look silly. Just sayin'.

Forum List

Back