Hello all!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by cduebelhoer, Jan 8, 2011.

1. cduebelhoer

cduebelhoer Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6

Good afternoon everyone, new to the boards and excited to be here. Seems I've found a good place to have thoughtful political discussion.

I am 23 years old, in my final semester of undergrad at Indiana University in Bloomington, IN. Grew up in a house of true independents in my parents, people who don't vote by party, but rather by person. 2008 was my first opportunity to vote in a Presidential election. I would say I identify as one of those "young Obama Democrats" and fall on the left side of the aisle. That's not saying I don't disagree with him or the left on issues from time to time. Just because I generally feel progressive, doesn't mean I agree with the entire progressive agenda.

I'm pro-choice, pro-death penalty, anti-gun, pro-tough immigration, pro-big government, pro-defense cuts, and do believe the rich deserve to be taxed more, just to name a few things.

I look forward to meeting everyone, and hopefully become a good part of the discussion around here!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,387
    Hody.

3. RadiomanATL

RadiomanATL Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    Welcome.

People with more money deserve to be taxed more, eh? Thats a good incentive for people to make something of their lives :thup:

4. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    Welcome! :)

5. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,294
    You didn't fall on the left side of the aisle, you tripped almost all the way over to the far wing.
    Well, it should be interesting. As for thoughtful political discussion......... How thick is your skin........?
    Welcome!

6. (R)IGHTeous 1

(R)IGHTeous 1 GOPROUD

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Dude, I hate to break this to you when you're still so new here, but you just failed epic as an American with those right there.

Those bolded positions shit all over what the founders wanted, the Constitution, etc. I look forward to seeing your defense a governmental style that is inherently authoritarian/oppressive and resembles Hitler and Stalin.

Welcome........

7. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    welcome

8. cduebelhoer

cduebelhoer Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I thank everyone for their thoughts, but Hitler and Stalin? I don't know about that.

I'll admit, I wasn't pro big government till I took a political science class here in school, and after lengthy lectures and discussion with my teacher, I don't know how anyone can argue against it. But that's what's great about America, we can.

As per defense cuts, there becomes a certain point where you spend so much for things you don't need, it's obscene. Protecting America comes at a cost, yes, but spending to spend just to flex our muscles, is a no-no.

My skin is thick all, so no worries :)

9. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Took a PolSci class and turned into a fan of big government.... color me shocked pink. I suggest you learn to think for your self instead of having your thoughts provided by others. Just an idea.

Welcome to the board.

10. cduebelhoer

cduebelhoer Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Nobody said I didn't think for myself. I just was simply stating that I was presented a differing view that what I previously had, and it really opened my eyes. No decision was made for me.