Hello Again!!!!

It's been a while, but as I recall my GI Bill paid enough to cover tuition up to and including my junior year at a commuity college and then a state school.

After that, it was on me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Yes doesnt he know this country has many great opportunities for those who do not go to college?

Yeah, it does.

And it also gives people the opportunity to go to college without taking out student loans.

Shocker. I know.

Where??????

Who can afford to go to college without loans these days?

Back in the 70's, a person could work at a mw job fulltime and afford to go to college part time, those days have been over for a long long time.

Well, my brother just graduated with a PhD from Vanderbilt last year. No student loans.

And I did go to college part time and worked fulltime. Got my degree. And it wasn't in the 70's either.

Yes doesnt he know this country has many great opportunities for those who do not go to college?

Yeah, it does.

And it also gives people the opportunity to go to college without taking out student loans.

Shocker. I know.

Where??????

Back in the 70's, a person could work at a mw job fulltime and afford to go to college part time, those days have been over for a long long time.

My nephew was valedictorian of his class, got a $40,000 scholarship to MIT and STILL had to get loans, even with his parents paying part of the bill.

He had to get loans if he wanted to go to MIT. I'd be willing to bet that he could choose another school and have his scholarships stretch a lot farther.

People can take loans if they want. Thats their choice. But don't be spouting off that a person was FORCED to take a student loan, and how unfair it is that they have to pay it back.

Yeah, it does.

Shocker. I know.

Where??????

My nephew was valedictorian of his class, got a $40,000 scholarship to MIT and STILL had to get loans, even with his parents paying part of the bill.

He had to get loans if he wanted to go to MIT. I'd be willing to bet that he could choose another school and have his scholarships stretch a lot farther.

People can take loans if they want. Thats their choice. But don't be spouting off that a person was FORCED to take a student loan, and how unfair it is that they have to pay it back.

I don't think the GI was complaining about how unfair it was to pay back the loans...he was complaining about how unfair it was to have to get them in the first place.

As for choosing another school, sure, but what are the chances of getting a job? MIT graduate? 100% Highline Community College graduate? 10%, if you're lucky.

My son just finished a 2 year program at DeVry...very expensive and yes he has student loans to pay off to the tune of over $30,000. DeVry has a placement rating of 90%. Meanwhile, his friend, with a cheap 2 year degree at the local community college is working security nights...nothing to do with his degree, his degree is worthless.

Meanwhile, my son already has his first interview scheduled.

Which would you choose? The expensive education with the high placement rating or the cheap education with no help whatsoever at getting a job?

Where??????

I don't think the GI was complaining about how unfair it was to pay back the loans...he was complaining about how unfair it was to have to get them in the first place.

As for choosing another school, sure, but what are the chances of getting a job? MIT graduate? 100% Highline Community College graduate? 10%, if you're lucky.

My son just finished a 2 year program at DeVry...very expensive and yes he has student loans to pay off to the tune of over $30,000. DeVry has a placement rating of 90%. Meanwhile, his friend, with a cheap 2 year degree at the local community college is working security nights...nothing to do with his degree, his degree is worthless.

Which would you choose? The expensive education with the high placement rating or the cheap education with no help whatsoever at getting a job?

Like I said, it's a person's choice. But don't say they were FORCED into taking a loan, and then don't complain about paying it back.

BTW, You don't have to have a college degree to get a good job.

Like I said, it's a person's choice. But don't say they were FORCED into taking a loan, and then don't complain about paying it back.

Yeah, right....

BTW, You don't have to have a college degree to get a good job
You are correct.
Both my daughters dismissed the college education I offered to pay for.
Both have good jobs.
The eldest also owns her own photography business on the side and has had her work featured in a New York gallery.

Yeah, right....

Just go ask Richard Branson.

BTW, You don't have to have a college degree to get a good job
You are correct.
Both my daughters dismissed the college education I offered to pay for.
Both have good jobs.
The eldest also owns her own photography business on the side and has had her work featured in a New York gallery.

A quick aside comment about your sig line -"The purpose of the Constitution is to limit federal powers, not to expand them."

The purpose of the Constitution is to limit GOVERNMENTAL powers, both state and federal. Why does your sig line omit any reference to STATE powers?

Forum List

Back