Helen Thomas: Tough as ever

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
Helen Thomas and Chip Reid take stuttering Gibbs to task.

[youtube]q37kt0ga0OA[/youtube]

do you think that the Obama admin. is tightly controlling the press in order to keep the spin on Obama's agenda?

transcript:
HELEN THOMAS: We have never had that in the White House. We have had some control [inaudible]. I’m amazed that you people who call for openness and transparency…

ROBERT GIBBS: You haven’t even heard the questions.

CHIP REID: It doesn’t matter. It’s the process. Even if there’s a tough question, it’s a question coming from somebody who was invited and who was screened or the question was screened.

GIBBS: Chip, Chip, lets have this discussion at the conclusion of the town hall meetings.

THOMAS: No, no, no, we’re having it now.

GIBBS: Well, I’d be happy to have it now.

THOMAS: It’s a pattern.

GIBBS: Which questions do you object to at the town hall meeting?

THOMAS: It’s a pattern.

GIBBS: What’s a pattern?

THOMAS: It’s a pattern of controlling the press.

GIBBS: How so? Is there any evidence going on that I’m currently controlling the press? Poorly, I might add.

THOMAS: Your formal engagements are prepackaged.

GIBBS: How so?

REID: Well, and controlling the public.

THOMAS: How so? By calling reporters the night before to tell them they’re going to be called on. That is shocking.

GIBBS: We’ve had this discussion ad nauseum, and uh…

THOMAS: Of course you would, because you don’t have any answers.

GIBBS: Uh, well, because I didn’t know you were going to ask a question, Helen.

THOMAS: Well you should have.

GIBBS: Have you emailed your question today?

THOMAS: I don’t have to email. I can tell you right now what I want to say.

GIBBS: I don’t doubt that at all, Helen.

REID: Actually, could you pass along a question from all of us to the president: Is he going to support a tax increase on the middle class?

I hope this means the Press is getting brave and will start giving Barack the same anal exam they loved to give Bush.

That is the second time I have seen something like that this week.

Earlier they outright laughed at Gibbs when he refused to say Obama won't raise taxes.

The press it appears has had enough of being lead around by the nose by Obama and his crew, as Helen Thomas said, 'You have no answers.'

Sums up the Obama administration perfectly.

Last edited:
Hopefully the honeymoon is over and the press will actually start doing heir jobs instead of kissing ass.

I can't believe I agree with Helen Thomas, that's like 5 times in my adult years. I do so hope that the press is really getting mad, but I doubt it.

Gibbs alone must be getting under their skin.

He was very arrogant in that cllip...when he wasn't stuttering and grinning like an idiot.

Rome burns and the media asks what? If Townhall questions are asked in advance? egads, no wonder nothing works.

Rome burns and the media asks what? If Townhall questions are asked in advance? egads, no wonder nothing works.

You should be concerned, if the media publishes just what the WH wants, regardless of party, you have no way of making informed choices.

You should be concerned, if the media publishes just what the WH wants, regardless of party, you have no way of making informed choices.

Best as I can figure, I agree with her about once every 10 years. No heroine, LOL! Not a drug either.

So, about once every 10 years you disagree with government...LOL

They are just mad because they were not invited to the party so my guess is Obama wiill throw them a bone and they will once again turn the other cheek and shut up.

I am glad the press is fighting back , the love affair has been sickening to say the least, I am still waiting for the open and honest administration???

I hope this means the Press is getting brave and will start giving Barack the same anal exam they loved to give Bush.

They won't; this was only an advisory to the President to the person of his press secretary that this sort of thing doesn't look good for him. But if he keeps going in this direction a few of them will get some courage up to ask some REAL, not just fluff questions.

Email your questions in, eh?

Forum List

Back