Heeding "expert" advice

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
After reading some of the posts by people claiming to be experts, I laughed.

Then it occurred to me that there are people who don't know and might actually consider the advice given as gospel.

Do NOT accept anyone's claims of expertise unless you know for sure they are what they say they are. These forums are full of people with rich knowledge. Find the people who share your interest and listen to the ones who offer info without insisting that they know it all. Most topics will have a few knowledgeable people agreeing on some things. Trust that. Verify everything you can. Ask pointed questions. Those who boast continuously are rarely the best source for information.

The best firearm for one person may not be the best for another. Certainly the best firearm for one task is not always suitable for another task.

Find multiple sources for your information.

Could you, please, define "mall ninja"? I'd like to steal that.

Then it occurred to me that there are people who don't know and might actually consider the advice given as gospel.

Do NOT accept anyone's claims of expertise unless you know for sure they are what they say they are. These forums are full of people with rich knowledge. Find the people who share your interest and listen to the ones who offer info without insisting that they know it all. Most topics will have a few knowledgeable people agreeing on some things. Trust that. Verify everything you can. Ask pointed questions. Those who boast continuously are rarely the best source for information.

The best firearm for one person may not be the best for another. Certainly the best firearm for one task is not always suitable for another task.

I like how you drive the point home about finding multiple sources -- by posting the same thread twice.
Very subtle.

;)

I like how you drive the point home about finding multiple sources -- by posting the same thread twice.
Very subtle.

;)

I saw the same thing being done in two different, but related areas. There are people who take what they read here seriously.

And yeah, subtle is my middle name.

now that I see the 'mall ninja' moniker it reminds me of 'bill oreily' on FOX when I've heard him talk about guns !!

Could you, please, define "mall ninja"? I'd like to steal that.
  1. A mall ninja is a type of weapons and combat enthusiast that is characterized by being so ungrounded in reality as to make even the most hardcore gun nuts shake their heads.

Thank you. I was reading through threads and heard him say that. Then the two identical threads were started.

Guess I won't be stealing it though.

I am now reading the "experts" posts, and if there is nothing of value, or at least original thought, I am deleting them. The guy's a 'tard who will get people either killed or in trouble with the law.

I am now reading the "experts" posts, and if there is nothing of value, or at least original thought, I am deleting them. The guy's a 'tard who will get people either killed or in trouble with the law.

1) this retired federal attorney agrees completely with you

2) the wannabe expert has admitted on other boards to having been slapped with a federal felony for illegally building suppressors without being a "title II" manufacturer or having a "class III" tax stamp

3) he's a POE

It's pretty obvious when people speak from internet experience vs. real life experience.
I dont claim to know it all,and i'll only speak of what I know.
Nothing worse than being labeled an internet know it all,and it's even worse listening to one.

Some people read the internet - or are armchair quarterbacks and decide that they need to say something.

The best firearm for one person may not be the best for another. Certainly the best firearm for one task is not always suitable for another task

You would not use a dump truck to travel from the east to the west coast, you would use a Economical Sedan or a nice mid-sized SUV.

You would not use the Chevy S-10 pickup to haul a load of gravel in.,,..you would use a Ford F-350 pickup

You would not use the small Cessna to fly from Miami, Florida to London,England...you would use a jet.

You would not use the .45 Auto to shoot 150 to 200 yards...you would use the .357 Magnum or .44 Magnum.

You would not use the 30-30 rifle to hunt squirrels with...you would use the .22 rifle.

You would not use the 12 gauge single barrel with a full choke to hunt grouse and pheasant with...you would use the 20 gauge double barrel with a modified or open cylinder.

If working gate security as I have before...I would prefer a .40 caliber of .45 acp for the anti-material and anti-barrier ( Vehicle doors and engine block - water jacket, radiator, timing chain, front crank case area ) ballistics.

If I was doing executive protection...I would want a flat shooting handgun - 9mm +P, .357 Sig, 357 Mag.

Some people think a gun is a gun.

Shadow 355

Forum List

Back