Heeding "expert" advice

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
After reading some of the posts by people claiming to be experts, I laughed.

Then it occurred to me that there are people who don't know and might actually consider the advice given as gospel.

Do NOT accept anyone's claims of expertise unless you know for sure they are what they say they are. These forums are full of people with rich knowledge. Find the people who share your interest and listen to the ones who offer info without insisting that they know it all. Most topics will have a few knowledgeable people agreeing on some things. Trust that. Verify everything you can. Ask pointed questions. Those who boast continuously are rarely the best source for information.

WOW, you Started a thread, but it HAD to be about ME, and it has NOTHING to do with the outdoors. How about you DEMO some of YOUR wonderful knowledge/insight, hmm? you're nothing but a secondhander, jeering from the sidelines, cause you can't make the team.

WOW, you Started a thread, but it HAD to be about ME, and it has NOTHING to do with the outdoors. How about you DEMO some of YOUR wonderful knowledge/insight, hmm? you're nothing but a secondhander, jeering from the sidelines, cause you can't make the team.

I have started plenty of threads on multiple forums. But when I do I participate in the discussion.

And if you insist it is all about you, I must have struck a nerve. But you are not the only "mall ninja" spouting bullshit.

Then it occurred to me that there are people who don't know and might actually consider the advice given as gospel.

Do NOT accept anyone's claims of expertise unless you know for sure they are what they say they are. These forums are full of people with rich knowledge. Find the people who share your interest and listen to the ones who offer info without insisting that they know it all. Most topics will have a few knowledgeable people agreeing on some things. Trust that. Verify everything you can. Ask pointed questions. Those who boast continuously are rarely the best source for information.
Today I heard that people like usher, Serena Williams, Steve Martin and Christina Aguilera all have participated in a website called masterclass. Only $90 to take Serena's class or $90 to take Lebron's class. I'm sure its worth it if I wanted to be a professional tennis player I would pay $90 to get Serena's advice.

Today I heard that people like usher, Serena Williams, Steve Martin and Christina Aguilera all have participated in a website called masterclass. Only $90 to take Serena's class or $90 to take Lebron's class. I'm sure its worth it if I wanted to be a professional tennis player I would pay $90 to get Serena's advice.

Wow. This borders on archeology.

And I agree that insights from people who have mastered something is gold.

I'm trying to avoid creating new threads and your thread title was as close as I could find.

MasterClass Online Classes

How many kids who want to be a famous singer would love to hear advice from Usher?

Or a hopeful actor would love to hear from Steve Martin, Dustin Hoffman, etc.

Hanz Zimmerman teaches Film Scoring

Werner Herzog teaches Filmmaking

Aaron Sorkin teaches Screenwriting

Gordon Ramsey teaches cooking.

How many up and coming people would love to get advice from people like this? And it's only $90. Not like what Trump was charging for Trump University. LOL.

Learn Serena's Technique
Serena Williams, the world’s #1 ranked women's tennis player and winner of 21 Grand Slam singles titles, teaches you tennis and reveals the secrets of her game. This is as close as you can get to a private lesson with one of the world’s greatest tennis players.

How many kids who want to be a famous singer would love to hear advice from Usher?

How many up and coming people would love to get advice from people like this? And it's only $90. Not like what Trump was charging for Trump University. LOL.

Learn Serena's Technique
Serena Williams, the world’s #1 ranked women's tennis player and winner of 21 Grand Slam singles titles, teaches you tennis and reveals the secrets of her game. This is as close as you can get to a private lesson with one of the world’s greatest tennis players.
Sounds like a cool way to go for some things Sealy. I have thought about doing seminars for years on teaching people some of the art skills I gained over the years but never got around to putting it all together. I'm probably not famous enough though as my name is only well known among a few people as generally I only sold my services for a few weeks out of the year every years.

Learn Serena's Technique
Sounds like a cool way to go for some things Sealy. I have thought about doing seminars for years on teaching people some of the art skills I gained over the years but never got around to putting it all together. I'm probably not famous enough though as my name is only well known among a few people as generally I only sold my services for a few weeks out of the year every years.
You should do it. At least try but I agree that the lure is that they are celebrities who've made it big. people pay $90 to hear from somebody who's made it rich. $90 might not sound like a lot but if it's thousand people signed up for it and the celebrity gets half that's a lot of money

Learn Serena's Technique
I asked my uncle how he got rich. He started washing dishes, bought a restaurant with his two brothers and made a lot. Purchased property and now collects rent plus he gets Canadian and American social security. He's not multi millionaire rich but he has a good life.

Oh yes, no kids. Kids will make you struggle

You should do it. At least try but I agree that the lure is that they are celebrities who've made it big. people pay $90 to hear from somebody who's made it rich. $90 might not sound like a lot but if it's thousand people signed up for it and the celebrity gets half that's a lot of money
Half of $90 a shot would add up extremely fast and if someone can make that back plus by just doing one small job it should be pretty popular. I got one of Rod's sisters started back years ago. She did a two hour seminar class about fifteen years ago. I think she said she cleared about $35 a person with about twenty people when it was all said and done but she didn't have the experience or knowledge enough to fully teach beyond that. Back in 95' just doing artwork I could make about two grand a day for about a week and a half actually working about five or six hours a day. It took about a week to get the jobs lined up and once on the job people always inquire about having work done for them too. When I did my first art job like that it in 81' figured out to a buck sixty-five an hour but I decided real quick that wouldn't work so changed things around a bit and was making an average of about 45 an hour my first four or five years. It' would be cool to teach others that have a lil' talent do the same. I had a commercial artist ask me while out working a job in her neighborhood once to teach her and the KC Star did an article. The article came out on Thanksgiving Day. After over fifteen years of trying to use her college degrees to make a living she was at a point where she really needed that boost. Her Commercial design business skyrocketed after the article.

The being in a video part to teach others has always kinda intimidated me. I hate being in pictures even. Do you do the videos?

Learn Serena's Technique
I asked my uncle how he got rich. He started washing dishes, bought a restaurant with his two brothers and made a lot. Purchased property and now collects rent plus he gets Canadian and American social security. He's not multi millionaire rich but he has a good life.

Oh yes, no kids. Kids will make you struggle
Actually made pretty good money even raising children back when contracting. Enough to have everything paid for and a good chunk of change in US saving bonds by forty. We all ate beans getting started and had dirt floors in the house for a couple years but at least we owned the house and the banker didn't own it. It all depends on how you spend what you make when you work for yourself. Working for yourself gives you generally more options if you can do it. Semi retired @40 ended up starting the mine operation and thugs went after us. Three years of preparing it and our life savings but we couldn't survive the crooks and thugs here in the midwest. Did run off enough materials though to know it would bring in about sixteen thousand a day clear (if it hadn't been for the crooks equipment sabotage etc. we would have made it). Then again we would have missed knowing how corrupt things are out there.

that's so funny

Always nice to see jillian hanging around the garage.... almost like old days.

You’re a prisoner on a message board

Someone revived it again! It’s the thread that won’t die.

Forum List

Back