Healthcare should be pro-choice

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
“Too many people in America believe that if you are pro-choice that means pro-abortion. It doesn't. I don't want abortion. Abortion should be the rarest thing in the world. I am actually personally opposed to abortion. But I don't believe that I have a right to take what is an article of faith to me and legislate it to other people. That's not how it works in America.” Sen. John Kerry

“I hope every woman in this country, whether they agree with Roe or they disagree with Roe, whether they themselves would make one decision or another, will come together and say: Pro-choice means that the Government respects the individual, and isn't that really what our country is all about?” Sen. Barbara Boxer

“I am pro choice, I believe everyone should have the right to decide for themselves.”
Patty Murray

"I have met thousands and thousands of pro-choice men and women. I have never met anyone who is pro-abortion. Being pro-choice is not being pro-abortion. Being pro-choice is trusting the individual to make the right decision for herself and her family, and not entrusting that decision to anyone wearing the authority of government in any regard"
Hillary Clinton

We know that government can't solve all our problems - and it shouldn't try. But it should work for us, not against us. It should ensure opportunity not just for those with the most money and influence, but for every American willing to work. Barack Obama

I could not agree more, now all that needs to be done is the same respect needs to be paid to those that don't happen to agree with them on healthcare and respect their freedom of choice.

It would seem to me that ,your for freedom of choice or your not, and at least in my opinion to advocate that Govt. should not interfere with that should extend to all aspects of a persons rights for making choices for their personal lives including their healthcare.

It would seem to me that ,your for freedom of choice or your not, and at least in my opinion to advocate that Govt. should not interfere with that should extend to all aspects of a persons rights for making choices for their personal lives including their healthcare.
It would seem to me, too. I am one who recognizes that populations' characteristics usually are normally distributed and accept the reality that there will always be losers. But I don't want nanny government in most cases to be deciding what is best for me. 'Best' is too subjective, and when it comes to my freedoms granted me by the Constitution, only I am in the position to decide what is best for me. I believe in the right of the individual to freely live his/her conscience, whether that ruins the individual or not. Of course, living in such a society we all have obligations to our government and society; and I willingly accept them. However, when we get to the point that those obligations drown out fundamental individual and personal freedoms, that's too far.

Forum List

Back