Health Scare Crisis

Feb 28, 2009
Watching these celebrities die over the last year and a half or so, if you go all the way back to Heath Ledger, sort of made me think again and sort of re-evaluate things. Especially the recent Billy Mays deal. Turns out he had a heart condition, according to latest reports, and I also found out he had two hip replacements and was in constant pain from those.

But here's the deal: I have never, ever gone to see a doctor, never had a check-up, only had medical treatment for injuries like my broken ankle, had both knees scoped back in the 90s, and various other broken bones. Have never and never will have health insurance.

I abhor medicines, pills and the like. Have an aversion to anything medical in general. But I also have never been sick. Ever.

When I was young, my grandfather one day told me something I have always carried with me. Paraphrased it goes, "if you think something is bad for you, don't do it. Whether it's smokin, drinkin, eatin stuff, whatever it is. Because if you believe it's bad for you, it will be. And don't let anyone, especially the people planners, tell you what to eat, drink, smoke, whatever. Or not to. YOU make that call when YOU are ready."

He lived to be up in his 90s, smoked and drank all of his adult life. Was healthy as can be when he died in his sleep. But long before that, I'd taken his advice and as the years went by, I realized what he was actually doing by telling me that.

The Pygmalion Effect, the self-fulfilling prophesy. Plant negative seeds and they will grow. Plant positive seeds and they will. It is literally mind over matter. But there's one BIG negative seed you have to eschew totally: Fear.

Yep, fear. Fear of getting sick and dying. Fear of heart attacks. Health fear. You have to completely let that go. Live. Without. Fear. Sounds hard doesn't it? Especially today?

But here's the thing folks -- All of these celebrities who have died recently had one thing in common -- the very best health care money could buy! Yeah, regular check-ups, best preventative care there is. Jacko even had a doctor living in his house to the tune of $300K a year. Where did it get them?

When your time is up, that is it. You are dead. No doctors, medicines, none of that crap means jack shit when your time is up. It's reality, accept it. Why do we have this fear of not having health care? because we think we can control our longevity. That is an illusion. Control is an illusion. Also perhaps because of the fear of dying. That's coming anyway no matter what, why fear it?

Eschew this irrational, mindless fear. Get the negative seeds out of your health life. Live your life the way YOU want, it's yours and no one else's. It IS mind over matter, and it DOES work. My Granddad was never sick a day in his life, and never went to a doctor either.

Will I live to be in my 90s? No one knows. And that's the deal, you don't know so why should you worry about it. Know why the placebo effect works? Same reason, mind over matter. The Pygmalion Effect in practice. A positive seed is planted in the patient's mind, he's given a sugar pill that is touted to be a "cure" and By Gawd, his mind heals him! Or stops pain, or whatever!

Great ain't it?

Harness that power we all have, by killing the negative seeds such as fear, and mortality. Live a long, happy, healthy and prosperous life.

Don't worry, be happy! And stay away from the quackass medicos and their potions, prescriptions, and outright garbage! YOU have the power, if you will harness it and use it.

o back up the short bus there mm....normally when rich people are getting check up they dont reveal the true amount of drug use they are doing...what do many of these so callled celbs have in common....prescription drug abuse...let me explain it to you...you doctor shop or like jackson you have someone paying (o2 insurance) for the doctor...ledger had enough drugs in him to stop a horse....so did mj....do did annie nicole...

now i think its pretty sorry that there is no way to stop the doctors from writing script after script for not needed meds....its like a doctor ask me...."do you exercise"..i reply "your looking at my fat ass asking me that?"....sometimes you just got to respond with the inner voice...

i have to see a doc..which i am long overdue for....a couple of months...for skin cancerl....the good kind...but like she says...catch stuff before whiles its small...now my oral surgeon gives me drugs...but bless his little heart...he seems to know from experience...how many i need for the pain...and he gives me one extra lol ...when i ask my dermo about pain killers..she replied she sure could use some...i could use advil...but it has nothing to do with insurance etc...

has everything to do with not telling your doctor the truth....and over abusing script drugs...hey i am all for legalizing drugs...darwins theory at work...

• Banned
o back up the short bus there mm....normally when rich people are getting check up they dont reveal the true amount of drug use they are doing...what do many of these so callled celbs have in common....prescription drug abuse...let me explain it to you...you doctor shop or like jackson you have someone paying (o2 insurance) for the doctor...ledger had enough drugs in him to stop a horse....so did mj....do did annie nicole...

now i think its pretty sorry that there is no way to stop the doctors from writing script after script for not needed meds....its like a doctor ask me...."do you exercise"..i reply "your looking at my fat ass asking me that?"....sometimes you just got to respond with the inner voice...

i have to see a doc..which i am long overdue for....a couple of months...for skin cancerl....the good kind...but like she says...catch stuff before whiles its small...now my oral surgeon gives me drugs...but bless his little heart...he seems to know from experience...how many i need for the pain...and he gives me one extra lol ...when i ask my dermo about pain killers..she replied she sure could use some...i could use advil...but it has nothing to do with insurance etc...

has everything to do with not telling your doctor the truth....and over abusing script drugs...hey i am all for legalizing drugs...darwins theory at work...
I always tell doctors the truth. I say, quite simply, "I don't need you. Get lost."

Think about what you said about drugs. All folks who either O.D. or just waste away, KNOW that shit is bad for them, but did it anyway. I KNOW that shit is bad for me, so I don't DO it.

See?

one thing i have noticed....small hospitals do things a wee bit different too....my fil...was in a large hospital....presented with the following....stomach pain...high fever...high white blood count....now at the little hospital he would be in surgery in a couple of hours...taking out the appendix...sure a few good ones came out...but they normally were bad and if not gave the doctor a quick peek to see if he could find anything obvious...at large hospital they began to run tests...4 days later he had e coli in his blood and they took out his appendix...now if a fucking admitting clerk could easily guess the treatment why the hell couldnt this multi million dollar medical hospital not?

• Banned
one thing i have noticed....small hospitals do things a wee bit different too....my fil...was in a large hospital....presented with the following....stomach pain...high fever...high white blood count....now at the little hospital he would be in surgery in a couple of hours...taking out the appendix...sure a few good ones came out...but they normally were bad and if not gave the doctor a quick peek to see if he could find anything obvious...at large hospital they began to run tests...4 days later he had e coli in his blood and they took out his appendix...now if a fucking admitting clerk could easily guess the treatment why the hell couldnt this multi million dollar medical hospital not?
The sumbitches are never gonna get me until they're tying a tag on my toe.

i have vices...i do like pills....valiums...honey hush when they took ludes off the market i thought my world had ended....then i found paris 500's....then i quit...probably the one thing that has saved me...i hate speed of any type ....i dont need x, meth, coke, crack, whatever for sex....either..that is just weird...hell i thought drunks were bad enough....but you look at what people put in their bodies....cheap vodka....i simply dont have the time for cheap vodka....fish farmed in china...hello asshole but if they will posion their own babies do you think they wont poision your cheap american ass?

yes i see...but you must have some vices....you are talking about smoking and drinking...arent you ...
I smoke, for about the last 10 years... I drink, when I want and however much I want and make no bones about it. Only actually been drunk once though.

Smoking doesn't hurt you. Believing it will, does.

My granddad.... The doc said his lungs and liver were almost pristine. No heart problems, in fact he couldn't find a cause of death so it was deemed "old age." But see, we in the family knew the cause. It was heart problems, a broken heart.

Grandma had died nine months before see, and it was clear he couldn't live without her. 70+ years of being together, through thick and thin, the depression, the dust bowl, WW2, everything else....

He simply didn't want to live without her.

o that is just stupid....my father died of lung cancer....at 54....dumbass..smoking hurts your lungs....but my mother who never smoked and rarely drank.....her mind is going...so its damend if you do and damned if you dont...my hubby's grandmother is 100...now that is wild

Watching these celebrities die over the last year and a half or so, if you go all the way back to Heath Ledger, sort of made me think again and sort of re-evaluate things. Especially the recent Billy Mays deal. Turns out he had a heart condition, according to latest reports, and I also found out he had two hip replacements and was in constant pain from those.

But here's the deal: I have never, ever gone to see a doctor, never had a check-up, only had medical treatment for injuries like my broken ankle, had both knees scoped back in the 90s, and various other broken bones. Have never and never will have health insurance.

I abhor medicines, pills and the like. Have an aversion to anything medical in general. But I also have never been sick. Ever.

When I was young, my grandfather one day told me something I have always carried with me. Paraphrased it goes, "if you think something is bad for you, don't do it. Whether it's smokin, drinkin, eatin stuff, whatever it is. Because if you believe it's bad for you, it will be. And don't let anyone, especially the people planners, tell you what to eat, drink, smoke, whatever. Or not to. YOU make that call when YOU are ready."

He lived to be up in his 90s, smoked and drank all of his adult life. Was healthy as can be when he died in his sleep. But long before that, I'd taken his advice and as the years went by, I realized what he was actually doing by telling me that.

The Pygmalion Effect, the self-fulfilling prophesy. Plant negative seeds and they will grow. Plant positive seeds and they will. It is literally mind over matter. But there's one BIG negative seed you have to eschew totally: Fear.

Yep, fear. Fear of getting sick and dying. Fear of heart attacks. Health fear. You have to completely let that go. Live. Without. Fear. Sounds hard doesn't it? Especially today?

But here's the thing folks -- All of these celebrities who have died recently had one thing in common -- the very best health care money could buy! Yeah, regular check-ups, best preventative care there is. Jacko even had a doctor living in his house to the tune of $300K a year. Where did it get them?

When your time is up, that is it. You are dead. No doctors, medicines, none of that crap means jack shit when your time is up. It's reality, accept it. Why do we have this fear of not having health care? because we think we can control our longevity. That is an illusion. Control is an illusion. Also perhaps because of the fear of dying. That's coming anyway no matter what, why fear it?

Eschew this irrational, mindless fear. Get the negative seeds out of your health life. Live your life the way YOU want, it's yours and no one else's. It IS mind over matter, and it DOES work. My Granddad was never sick a day in his life, and never went to a doctor either.

Will I live to be in my 90s? No one knows. And that's the deal, you don't know so why should you worry about it. Know why the placebo effect works? Same reason, mind over matter. The Pygmalion Effect in practice. A positive seed is planted in the patient's mind, he's given a sugar pill that is touted to be a "cure" and By Gawd, his mind heals him! Or stops pain, or whatever!

Great ain't it?

Harness that power we all have, by killing the negative seeds such as fear, and mortality. Live a long, happy, healthy and prosperous life.

Don't worry, be happy! And stay away from the quackass medicos and their potions, prescriptions, and outright garbage! YOU have the power, if you will harness it and use it.

I agree with everything you said except the bolded. You cannot be "healthy as can be" and be dead.. Death is cell death,, which is an unhealthy state of being.

o that is just stupid....my father died of lung cancer....at 54....dumbass..smoking hurts your lungs....but my mother who never smoked and rarely drank.....her mind is going...so its damend if you do and damned if you dont...my hubby's grandmother is 100...now that is wild

Yes, and my mom died at 56 from smoking, lung cancer.. MM is the second DUmbass on this board who says smoking won't hurt you.. geez

Yes, and my mom died at 56 from smoking, lung cancer.. MM is the second DUmbass on this board who says smoking won't hurt you.. geez
It will hurt you. IF you believe it will. My Uncle Johnny? In his 80s now, smoked all his adult live. Healthy as a horse. Still working every day in his cotton gin.

If you believe it's bad for ya, DON'T do it because it will be!

:eusa_eh: Really ... um ... yeah ....

Forum List

Back