Head Start Works

Well everyone I know speaks highly, and read the language of your quote moron.
My child's education, therapy etc is none of your business or how I pay for it. The fact you even asked shows what type of person you are.

"Everyone I know speaks highly" is not an argument.

If you use tax funds to pay for anything, which you obviously do if your therapist is employed by the school, it is my business. If you do not like it being my business stop taking government money.
My son actually has three therapist, they are a physical, occupational, and speech therapist.
So in your mind anyone who has their child in a special education program they should thank you? And it is some how your business? My son will have to have some form of specialized education for at least the next few years and has needed it since before he was two. I will keep you very informed since you feel it is your business. I would also like you to go to your local public school and ask every parent of a special Ed student exactly everything they use at the school since you feel it is your business.

I think this is pretty much a new low for you. The fact you think I owe you anything because my child is in a special program is probably one of the biggest asshole things I have ever heard on here.

did I say they should thank me? I want to know why the fuck I should pay for special needs kids to go to school simply because their parents are too fucking cheap to take care of them at home.

By the way, it has nothing to do with feelings, it is simple fact. Anything paid for by taxes is the business of everyone who pays taxes.

If you use tax funds to pay for anything, which you obviously do if your therapist is employed by the school, it is my business. If you do not like it being my business stop taking government money.
My son actually has three therapist, they are a physical, occupational, and speech therapist.
So in your mind anyone who has their child in a special education program they should thank you? And it is some how your business? My son will have to have some form of specialized education for at least the next few years and has needed it since before he was two. I will keep you very informed since you feel it is your business. I would also like you to go to your local public school and ask every parent of a special Ed student exactly everything they use at the school since you feel it is your business.

I think this is pretty much a new low for you. The fact you think I owe you anything because my child is in a special program is probably one of the biggest asshole things I have ever heard on here.

did I say they should thank me? I want to know why the fuck I should pay for special needs kids to go to school simply because their parents are too fucking cheap to take care of them at home.

By the way, it has nothing to do with feelings, it is simple fact. Anything paid for by taxes is the business of everyone who pays taxes.

You are not paying for it, jenius. Once you send your taxes to the IRS, the people in Congress whom we elect to represent us make appropriations of that money. It is not yours or mine; it is Federal revenue. That is how representative democracy works.

How do you know it wasn't my family's and Synth's and rightwinger's and rdean's taxes paying for therapy for Luissa's child?

You don't, dim bulb. You just are not that important , K?

Regards from Rosie

You are not paying for it, jenius. Once you send your taxes to the IRS, the people in Congress whom we elect to represent us make appropriations of that money. It is not yours or mine; it is Federal revenue. That is how representative democracy works.

How do you know it wasn't my family's and Synth's and rightwinger's and rdean's taxes paying for therapy for Luissa's child?

You don't, dim bulb. You just are not that important , K?

Regards from Rosie

Wrong.

I can totally understand how parents of children who are enrolled in Head Start love it. who would turn down extra attention for their little ones?

but the real question is whether the benefits are comiserate with the rather large costs of first class govt run and paid for preschool. all studies show little or no lasting educational effects. but there are long term socialization effects that improve such things as graduation rates and future criminality. whether this is caused by direct effect on the children or indirectly by educating the parents on parenting skills is up for discussion.

while I am in favour of helping at-risk children, I think we should find out the actual areas that are making a difference. education and cognitive ability do not appear to be affected.

as a side issue- lowering class size often exacerbates the acheivement gap as smart children benefit more than the dull ones. should we withhold class time from the able students to let the dull ones catch up?

I can totally understand how parents of children who are enrolled in Head Start love it. who would turn down extra attention for their little ones?

but the real question is whether the benefits are comiserate with the rather large costs of first class govt run and paid for preschool. all studies show little or no lasting educational effects. but there are long term socialization effects that improve such things as graduation rates and future criminality. whether this is caused by direct effect on the children or indirectly by educating the parents on parenting skills is up for discussion.

while I am in favour of helping at-risk children, I think we should find out the actual areas that are making a difference. education and cognitive ability do not appear to be affected.

as a side issue- lowering class size often exacerbates the acheivement gap as smart children benefit more than the dull ones. should we withhold class time from the able students to let the dull ones catch up?

I think attention needs to be paid to what happens in the 3rd grade classroom and beyond. Boys, who don't do well sitting in a chair most of the day, are vastly overrepresented in numbers of those referred for discipline.

Girls are socialized to learn that. boys are good at math and science and girls aren't.

Those who say that schools need to adjust to be more than conveniences for faculty and administration have a point. Kids who learn differently need to be placed with teachers who will bring out the best , using new ways to help them learn. Most of these students aren't dumb; they are bored and unchallenged.

Smart kids need to be pushed beyond the books and into the community, finding individual ways to serve and give back.

The old ways of schools preparing factory workers of the future are long gone; we must build 21st century schools

Regards from Rosie

Too cheap to take care of them at home? Lol
You really don't know what it is like to live in the real world do you?

Expanding the failed head start program just starts indoctrination at a younger age. There isn't much difference between obama's plans and the way Cuba removes children from their families to raise according to what the government wants.

Are you serious with this post? Head Start is an Obama indoctrination program?:confused:

Expanding the failed head start program just starts indoctrination at a younger age. There isn't much difference between obama's plans and the way Cuba removes children from their families to raise according to what the government wants.

Are you serious with this post? Head Start is an Obama indoctrination program?:confused:

Ever notice that "indoctination" has become the favorite buzzword of the far right?

Ever notice that "indoctination" has become the favorite buzzword of the far right?

If I'm not mistaken Head Start was around before Obama was President.

there are probably cheaper ways to expose at-risk preschoolers to middle class values and education styles.

Exactly.

And forcing other children, who DON'T benefit from it, to attend is sheer nonsense.

Have you ever noticed that the folks crying the loudest about "wasted tax money" are the ones who don't make enough money to pay much, if any, federal tax?

If I'm not mistaken Head Start was around before Obama was President.

By quite a bit.

It was launched in 1965.

And only lazy parents who won't teach their children at home send their kids there.

Naw, it acts as daycare for the poor.....for at risk children, it's immensely beneficial, as it gets them out of the hell holes they otherwise spend their time in.

My younger kids attended head start on the reservation. You balance the good of the program (and it was a great program) with the negative influence of children whose home lives are literally a nightmare.

Have you ever noticed that the folks crying the loudest about "wasted tax money" are the ones who don't make enough money to pay much, if any, federal tax?

No, I haven't. Do you have some evidence to support that hateful and divisive lie?

Not the far right.

Everyone except the far left wingnuts. Like you. Because we recognize it when it's happening, believe it or not.

Not the far right.

Everyone except the far left wingnuts. Like you. Because we recognize it when it's happening, believe it or not.

I've personally known quite a few, including a former member of this forum.

But when I post something you don't like or can't answer, you just call me a liar or post some juvenile image of the Village People, so discussing anything with someone like you is pointless. In fact I already explained this to you.

Forum List

Back