He will receive no punishment...

Bergdahl pled guilty to avoid the trial but that doesn't mean he'll get no punishment. There will be a punishment phase where testimony will be given before the judge about that, and I would expect he's going to get some prison time. Going to be some po'ed people if he walks. Including me, you can't just walk off your duty post without consequences. Can't be allowed to happen.

He should get the maximum of Life.

But I believe he'll get 20 years. Then they'll deduct 5 years for time w/the Taliban.

15 years sounds good. He's got to get something and it must be
meaningful.

PLUS, he'll be stripped of all his back pay, dishonorably discharged
as a Private, and won't be allowed any benefits and will lose the official
listing of POW and labeled a deserter.

Obama traded 5 Taliban commanders who went back to work as Taliban commanders.....in exchange for an American soldier who PLED GUILTY TO DESERTION.

5 Taliban Commanders for an American soldier who should be executed?

That Obama drives one fucking hell of a BARGAIN!!!!!

Iran and NOKO must have been shaking in their boots when dealing with Kerry.

Traitor is merely a term for anyone who questions the power structure openly. Let's face it, all we leverage our military for these days is for the economic colonization of the resources and markets of others at the behest of Wall Street banksters and the "job creator" class.

You're full of crap, this asshole planed to leave his unit and defect. He sent all his personal property home before doing so, it just didn't work out the way he planed. He should get at least 25 years, dishonorable discharge and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.

I bet to differ, he should get a short drop and a sudden stop and that would be just punishment.

You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine.

He did a shitty thing, but he was punished for it much more than other people who went AWOL. I feel sorry for the guy now.
Too bad you don't feel sorry for the people who died trying to get his sorry ass back.

He did a shitty thing, but he was punished for it much more than other people who went AWOL. I feel sorry for the guy now.

He didn't go AWOL! Now, realign your thinking to the fact that he deserted.
That doesn't change my opinion. He made a terrible mistake and was a Taliban prisoner for years because of it. He's paid his due, and some.

My, oh my, but aren't you just a huge lily-livered wuss.

5 Taliban Commanders back in circulation for 1 American soldier who should be executed for desertion.

Obama DRIVES ONE FUCKING HELL OF A TOUGH BARGAIN!

Obama doesn't mention the desertion part....

"THE PRESIDENT: Good afternoon, everybody. This morning, I called Bob and Jani Bergdahl and told them that after nearly five years in captivity, their son, Bowe, is coming home.

Sergeant Bergdahl has missed birthdays and holidays and the simple moments with family and friends, which all of us take for granted. But while Bowe was gone he was never forgotten. His parents thought about him and prayed for him every single day, as did his sister, Sky, who prayed for his safe return.

He wasn’t forgotten by his community in Idaho, or the military, which rallied to support the Bergdahls through thick and thin. And he wasn’t forgotten by his country, because the United States of America does not ever leave our men and women in uniform behind.

As Commander-in-Chief, I am proud of the servicemembers who recovered Sergeant Bergdahl and brought him safely out of harm’s way. As usual, they performed with extraordinary courage and professionalism, and they have made their nation proud.

Right now, our top priority is making sure that Bowe gets the care and support that he needs and that he can be reunited with his family as soon as possible.

I'm also grateful for the tireless work of our diplomats, and for the cooperation of the government of Qatar in helping to secure Bowe’s release. We've worked for several years to achieve this goal, and earlier this week I was able to personally thank the Emir of Qatar for his leadership in helping us get it done. As part of this effort, the United States is transferring five detainees from the prison in Guantanamo Bay to Qatar. The Qatari government has given us assurances that it will put in place measures to protect our national security.

I also want to express gratitude to the Afghan government, which has always supported our efforts to secure Bowe’s release. Going forward, the United States will continue to support an Afghan-led process of reconciliation, which could help secure a hard-earned peace within a sovereign and unified Afghanistan.

As I said earlier this week, we're committed to winding down the war in Afghanistan, and we are committed to closing Gitmo. But we also made an ironclad commitment to bring our prisoners of war home. That's who we are as Americans. It's a profound obligation within our military, and today, at least in this instance, it's a promise we've been able to keep.

I am mindful, though, that there are many troops who remain missing in the past. That's why we're never going to forget; we're never going to give up our search for servicemembers who remain unaccounted for. We also remain deeply committed to securing the release of American citizens who are unjustly detained abroad and deserve to be reunited with their families, just like the Bergdahls soon will be.

Bob and Jani, today families across America share in the joy that I know you feel. As a parent, I can't imagine the hardship that you guys have gone through. As President, I know that I speak for all Americans when I say we cannot wait for the moment when you are reunited and your son, Bowe, is back in your arms.

So, with that, I'd like Bob to have an opportunity to say something, and Jani, if she’d like as well. Please."

That doesn't change my opinion. He made a terrible mistake and was a Taliban prisoner for years because of it. He's paid his due, and some.

What the fuck are you babbling about now? Are you drunk?

No, but anyone with the reading skills above 3rd grade would have been able to see I was illustrating your cowardice.

No, but anyone with the reading skills above 3rd grade would have been able to see I was illustrating your cowardice.
Assuming I am a coward, what bearing does it have on this current topic? Are you drunk or just dumb?

Traitor is merely a term for anyone who questions the power structure openly. Let's face it, all we leverage our military for these days is for the economic colonization of the resources and markets of others at the behest of Wall Street banksters and the "job creator" class.
It is obvious you have never seriously served in the military.

When you put your trust in your life in the man's hands standing to your left and you're right and they do the same for you and then you have one of them betray you and walk off to join the enemy that man is a traitor.

It has nothing to do with 'questioning any power structure'. By describing it as that you prove you have no clue what you're really talking about.

Assuming I am a coward, what bearing does it have on this current topic? Are you drunk or just dumb?

No, but since you cannot read, I hope you are just drunk and not that dumb.

Bergdahl should be executed by firing squad. Anything less is just our own wimpiness.

Bergdahl should be executed by firing squad. Anything less is just our own wimpiness.
Are you saying I'm "afraid" about punishing someone I don't know? Explain your foolish string of posts.

Are you saying I'm "afraid" about punishing someone I don't know? Explain your foolish string of posts.

No, you are afraid of punishing someone appropriately and choose to excuse their behavior as having been punished enough, despite the fact that his misconduct led him to being held captive.

No, you are afraid of punishing someone appropriately and choose to excuse their behavior as having been punished enough, despite the fact that his misconduct led him to being held captive.
What makes you think I'm "afraid" of It? You made a really fucking weird comment, so you should explain yourself.

Unfortunately because the cowardly piece of shit plead guilty. The shit stain should be executed

Army Sgt. Bergdahl pleading guilty to desertion, misbehavior
Just keep an eye out for Bergdahl and the Girly guy(Bradley Manning) who both are traitors to the country. Just take them aside and give them their due from Patriotic citizens who care about this country. If I was president they would get the firing squad, as that is the way to treat people who are traitors to this country...

deathpenaltyresim.jpg

Maybe someone will stab the dog up in the shower?

How are the PROGS fine with Obama trading 5 TALIBAN COMMANDERS for 1 AMERICAN DESERTER?

Specifically?

Their political brainwashing is so complete they can't even call out an OBVIOUS FUCK UP BY OBAMA.

You literally have no fucking clue.

He went over to the enemy. They locked him up, because they didn't
believe him.

He's a traitor and a deserter. He wasn't charged with being absent without
leave, he was charged with desertion and misbehavior in face of the enemy.

Forum List

Back