HBO's 'Watchmen' recreates the 1921 Tulsa race massacre, exposing viewers to an ugly chapter

Have you heard of the Tulsa Race Riot? (Greenwood OK AKA the Black Wall Street)

• Yes and I'm African American

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Yes and I'm not African American

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No and I'm African American

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No and I'm not African American

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
I finally got around to watching the first episode. I was geeked out that in the first five seconds of the episode, they mentioned real life hero lawman, Bass Reeves (the actor on screen looked exactly like him).

First Black lawman West of the Mississippi who was a Federal Marshall in Texas and Oklahoma for 32 years.

He made over 3,000 felony arrests in his career and was so feared by outlaws that just a letter from him saying he was coming to arrest a man was enough to make the man surrender.

Some say, Bass Reeves , a former slave was, at least in part, the inspiration for Djano in the Tarantino movie, 'Django Unchained'.

I finally got around to watching the first episode. I was geeked out that in the first five seconds of the episode, they mentioned real life hero lawman, Bass Reeves (the actor on screen looked exactly like him).

First Black lawman West of the Mississippi who was a Federal Marshall in Texas and Oklahoma for 32 years.

He made over 3,000 felony arrests in his career and was so feared by outlaws that just a letter from him saying he was coming to arrest a man was enough to make the man surrender.

Some say, Bass Reeves , a former slave was, at least in part, the inspiration for Djano in the Tarantino movie, 'Django Unchained'.
No

Bass Reeves was the model for The Lone Ranger right down to the indian companion.

Here you are. A truly remarkable man.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/news/bass-reeves-real-lone-ranger-a-black-man

American history is replete with ugly chapters, as is the history of every nation ever conceived.

The trick to civilization is not to let those chapters define who you are, but to continually learn from, and not repeat them in the future.

That is always be the wisest course/right way to see history ,historical wrong doings /stupidity.blah blah blah....we're running a little short on wise these days

Forum List

Back