The first time airplanes were used to terrorize America was not on 9/11 or at Pearl Harbor

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
On 60 Minutes tonight they ran a segment on the Tulsa race riots and as horrified as I was when I first heard about this incident, hearing about it again tonight was barely more than I could stand.

There had previously been mention of the mob using airplanes to firebomb the town below but the news story provides details. They allegedly were dropping "turpentine balls" from the planes to set the community ablaze. I guess turpentine balls are similar to molotov cocktails.

On June 1st, 100 years after the riot, the task will begin of digging up the sites which are believed to be mass graves and attempt the long and tedious work of identifying the remains.

Greenwood, 1921: One of the worst race massacres in American history
Robert Turner: The first time in American history that airplanes were used to terrorize America was not in 9/11, was not at Pearl Harbor, it was right here in the Greenwood District.

Reverend Robert Turner's Vernon AME Church was among at least five churches burned, along with 1,200 homes. A photo was crudely and imperfectly, hand-lettered, at the time, "running the Negro out of Tulsa."

runningoutoftown.jpg

A photo was crudely and imperfectly, hand-lettered, at the time, "running the Negro out of Tulsa."
Oklahoma Historical Society

Robert Turner: 36-odd square blocks, city blocks, were destroyed. And before they destroyed it, they looted. They took nice furniture, money

When the Black hospital burned, White hospitals refused to take Greenwood's wounded. Those who bled to death included Greenwood's most prominent surgeon. Ultimately, one hospital did make space in its basement for Black casualties. The number of dead is estimated between 150 and 300. Survivors included 10,000 now homeless African Americans. 6,000 of them were herded into internment camps and then released weeks later.

Do innocent construction workers in Oklahoma get killed by 70-year old 500 lb duds, like what happens every now and then in expanding European cities?

What does this question have to do with the OP?
It has nothing to do with it. Most post something when they have something to say. Idiots like that post because they just have to say something.

On 60 Minutes tonight they ran a segment on the Tulsa race riots and as horrified as I was when I first heard about this incident, hearing about it again tonight was barely more than I could stand.

There had previously been mention of the mob using airplanes to firebomb the town below but the news story provides details. They allegedly were dropping "turpentine balls" from the planes to set the community ablaze. I guess turpentine balls are similar to molotov cocktails.

On June 1st, 100 years after the riot, the task will begin of digging up the sites which are believed to be mass graves and attempt the long and tedious work of identifying the remains.

Robert Turner: The first time in American history that airplanes were used to terrorize America was not in 9/11, was not at Pearl Harbor, it was right here in the Greenwood District.

Reverend Robert Turner's Vernon AME Church was among at least five churches burned, along with 1,200 homes. A photo was crudely and imperfectly, hand-lettered, at the time, "running the Negro out of Tulsa."

runningoutoftown.jpg

A photo was crudely and imperfectly, hand-lettered, at the time, "running the Negro out of Tulsa."

Robert Turner: 36-odd square blocks, city blocks, were destroyed. And before they destroyed it, they looted. They took nice furniture, money

When the Black hospital burned, White hospitals refused to take Greenwood's wounded. Those who bled to death included Greenwood's most prominent surgeon. Ultimately, one hospital did make space in its basement for Black casualties. The number of dead is estimated between 150 and 300. Survivors included 10,000 now homeless African Americans. 6,000 of them were herded into internment camps and then released weeks later.
And the total number of human remains uncovered will be fewer than a month of dead blacks in Chicago today.

Later that same year, President Harding threatened to use Army Air Corps bombers to defeat the Blair Mountain miner's strike.

"By August 29 battle was fully joined. Chafin's men, though outnumbered, had the advantage of higher positions and better weaponry. Private planes were hired to drop homemade bombs on the miners. A combination of poison gas and explosive bombs left over from World War I were dropped in several locations near the towns of Jeffery, Sharples and Blair. At least one did not explode and was recovered by the miners; it was used months later to great effect as evidence for the defense during treason and murder trials. On orders from General Billy Mitchell, Army bombers from Maryland were also used for aerial surveillance. One Martin bomber crashed on its return flight, killing the three crew member"

Later that same year, President Harding threatened to use Army Air Corps bombers to defeat the Blair Mountain miner's strike.

"By August 29 battle was fully joined. Chafin's men, though outnumbered, had the advantage of higher positions and better weaponry. Private planes were hired to drop homemade bombs on the miners. A combination of poison gas and explosive bombs left over from World War I were dropped in several locations near the towns of Jeffery, Sharples and Blair. At least one did not explode and was recovered by the miners; it was used months later to great effect as evidence for the defense during treason and murder trials. On orders from General Billy Mitchell, Army bombers from Maryland were also used for aerial surveillance. One Martin bomber crashed on its return flight, killing the three crew member"
I was just about to add this when I read your post. This is another forgotten piece of American history.

I'm glad that the Tulsa massacre is now being discussed. I think a similar thing occurred in Florida.

(Hard to type on android tablet. Laptop crapped out, but still under warranty)

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

runningoutoftown.jpg

And the total number of human remains uncovered will be fewer than a month of dead blacks in Chicago today.
Why do you racist pussies aviod addressing the topics?

Chicago doesn't have a fucking thing to do with this. Hell, if your dumb ass did some research, you'd see that Chicago doesn't break the top 20 in violence.

I was just about to add this when I read your post. This is another forgotten piece of American history.

I'm glad that the Tulsa massacre is now being discussed. I think a similar thing occurred in Florida.

(Hard to type on android tablet. Laptop crapped out, but still under warranty)
Rosewood, I believe. One thing those Rightwing racists couldn't stand was successful black Americans.

I wonder if the stupid Moon Bats realize that the six months of BLM terror America experienced was a reverse Tulsa. Burning, looting, murdering and intimidation and they supported it.
More dumb racist white boy bs. There was no reverse Tulsa. Whites weren't murdered, beaten, displaced and nobody black flew planes around bombing white communities or shot whites from planes. The 6 months of terror you talk about was not done by BLM.

I have posted police reports from the protests. They all say the same thing; the protests were peaceful, the violence started by people not associated with BLM. That the majority were right wing white counterprotesters many of which belonged to white supremacist groups or right wing paramilitary groups. And in many cases the violence was done with the help of law enforcement. Still after presenting these facts, people want to make claims of how this is not the case.

Thursday, May 28

While MAPC data reported 75 arrests, Joint Operations Center (JOC) logs reported 73 arrests.6 From DOI’s analysis of the MAPC data, 42% (30 total) of the arrests were associated with a public-order related top charge, such as disorderly conduct or unlawful assembly, and 32% (24 total) of the arrests were associated with an obstructing governmental administration (OGA) top charge. Of those arrested, 47% (35 total) were white, 27% (20 total) were Black, and 17% (13 total) were Latino.7 CCRB reported four incidents containing 18 allegations of police misconduct corresponding to this date.

Friday,May 29

While MAPC data reported 218 arrests, JOC logs reported 204 arrests. From DOI’s analysis of the MAPC data, 85% (186 total) of the arrests were associated with a public-order related top charge and approximately 9% (20 total) of the arrests were associated with an OGA top charge. Of those arrested, 56% (121total) were white, 30% (66 total) were Black, and 12% (26 total) were Latino.

Saturday, May 30

While MAPC data reported 321 arrests, JOC logs reported 345 arrests From DOI’s analysis of the MAPC data, 89% (287 total) of the arrests were associated with a public-order related top charge. Of those arrested, 53% (169 total) were white, 34% (110 total) were Black, and 10% (32 total) were Latino. NYPD documented 91officer injuries and 55 damaged police vehicles. CCRB reported 66 incidents containing 429 allegations of police misconduct corresponding to this date.

Sunday,May 31

While MAPC data reported 325 arrests, JOC logs reported 349 arrests. From DOI’s analysis of the MAPC data, 46% (150 total) of the arrests were associated with a public-order related top charge and 42% (136 total) of the arrests were associated with a property-related top charge, such as burglary. Of those arrested, 65% (212 total) were Black, 18% (60 total) were white, and 13% (42 total) were Latino. NYPD documented 34 officer injuries and 13 damaged police vehicles. CCRB reported 16 incidents containing 90 allegations of police misconduct corresponding to this date

Monday, June 1

While MAPC data reported 308 arrests, JOC logs reported 643 arrests. From DOI’s analysis of the MAPC data, 31% (97 total) of the arrests were associated with a curfew-related top charge, 29% (89 total) of the arrests were associated with a property-related top charge, 18% (56 total) were associated with a public-order related top charge, and 18% (54 total) were associated with an OGA-related top charge. Of those arrested, 62% (190 total) were Black,19% (57 total) were white, and 17% (52 total) were Latino. NYPD documented 73 officer injuries and six damaged police vehicles. CCRB reported 11 incidents containing 90 allegations of police misconduct corresponding to this date

Tuesday,June 2

While MAPC data reported 290 arrests, JOC logs reported 547 arrests. From DOI’s analysis of the MAPC data, 89% (257 total) of the arrests were associated with a curfew-related top charge. Of those arrested, 51% (149 total) were white, 32% (94 total) were Black, and 12% (34 total) were Latino. NYPD documented 57 officer injuries and three damaged police vehicles. CCRB reported 30 incidents containing 339 allegations of police misconduct corresponding to this date.

Wednesday,June 3

While MAPC data reported 191arrests, JOC logs reported 244 arrests. From DOI’s analysis of the MAPC data, 94% (179 total) of the arrests were associated with a curfew-related top charge. Of those arrested, 64% (123 total) were white, 19% (37 total) were Black, and 11% (21total) were Latino. NYPD documented 15 officer injuries and one damaged police vehicle. CCRB reported 33 incidents containing 222 allegations of police misconduct corresponding to this date.

Thursday, June 4

While MAPCdata reported 278 arrests, JOC logs reported 525 arrests. From DOI’s analysis of the MAPC data, 75% (209 total) of the arrests were associated with a curfew-related top charge and 22% (61total) were associated with a public disorder-relatedtop charge. Of those arrested,66% (185total) were white, 18% (49total)were Black and14% (38 total) were Latino. NYPD documented 26 officer injuries and no damage to police vehicles. CCRB reported 39 incidents containing 357 allegations of police misconduct corresponding to this date.

Friday,June 5

While MAPC data reported 41 arrests, JOC logs reported 129 arrests. From DOI’s analysis of the MAPC data, all 41 of the arrests were associated with a curfew-related top charge. Of those arrested, 51% (21 total) were white, 20% (8 total) were Black, and 15% (6 total) were Latino. NYPD documented four officer injuries and three damaged police vehicles. CCRB reported five incidents containing 25 allegations of police misconduct corresponding to this date

7 of the 9 days reported there were more arrests of whites than anyone else. This is the NYPD Report.

Sanya Mansour, 93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful, New Report Finds, September 5, 2020, 93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful, New Report Finds

The Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project, Demonstrations & Political Violence In America: New Data for Summer 2020, Demonstrations & Political Violence in America: New Data for Summer 2020 | ACLED

Erica Chenoweth and Jeremy Pressman, Black Lives Matter Protesters Were Overwhelmingly Peaceful, Our Research Finds, Harvard Radcliffe Institute, October 20, 2020 Black Lives Matter Protesters Were Overwhelmingly Peaceful, Our Research Finds | Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard University

Last edited:

And?? Let's stop making false equivalences. The people in Tulsa were not doing anything while the Blair Mountain strike was an armed conflict between mine workers and coal company supporters.

"In late August 1921, union miners and coal company supporters clashed near Blair Mountain, West Virginia, in what has been called the largest armed uprising since the Civil War."

runningoutoftown.jpg

This is just propaganda....what they will probably do is go out and dig up some bodies in old graveyards and claim they were killed in the Tulsa race riots,

A question for any forensic experts....how can they prove some old body they might dig up....died during the Tulsa riots?

The Elaine massacre occurred on September 30–October 1, 1919 at Hoop Spur in the vicinity of Elaine in rural Phillips County, Arkansas. Some records of the time state that eleven black men and five white men were killed.[4] Estimates of deaths made in the immediate aftermath of the Elaine Massacre by eyewitnesses range from 50 to "more than a hundred".[5] Walter Francis White, an NAACP attorney who visited Elaine shortly after the incident stated "... twenty-five Negroes killed, although some place the Negro fatalities as high as one hundred".[6] More recent estimates of the number of black people killed during this violence are higher than estimates provided by the eyewitnesses, recently ranging into the hundreds.[2][1] The white mobs were aided by federal troops (requested by Arkansas governor Charles Hillman Brough) and terrorist organizations like the Ku Klux Klan.[7] According to the Encyclopedia of Arkansas, "the Elaine Massacre was by far the deadliest racial confrontation in Arkansas history and possibly the bloodiest racial conflict in the history of the United States".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elaine_massacre#NAACP_involvement

runningoutoftown.jpg

This is just propaganda....what they will probably do is go out and dig up some bodies in old graveyards and claim they were killed in the Tulsa race riots,

A question for any forensic experts....how can they prove some old body they might dig up....died during the Tulsa riots?
No, it's reality. Or should I say that if this is propaganda so is the Revolutionary War. Or the Civil War. How do we know those graves at Gettsyburg are really the people who fought there?

RoshawnMarkwees said:
In your mind, what do the events in Chicago has to do with the OP?

runningoutoftown.jpg

all conjecture aka propaganda...no evidence or proof of any sort that planes dropped bombs on greenwood aka niggha town as it was called back then.

There a few reports the planes were used by authorities for survellance....still no proof though.

It would have been the height of insanity to light a molotov cocktail in a plane....could have set it on fire....and even if some crazy sort actually did it....the flame would have blown out before it reached the ground.....thus all this speculation is just attempting to inflame the situation.....no pun intended. hehheh

Forum List

Back