Hawking says physics proves there is no time for "Gawd".

As opposed to your face?

I knew that post would rattle you because it really does expose the baselessness of your superiority complex.

In reality, you, Dummmmbell, are not only nothing special now, you senile fuckwit, but in your entire meaningless existence, you never were anything special.

Science does not answer all questions. In fact, quite regularly, good science opens doors to lots of new questions. And because we ARE ultimately mere human beings, some of the questions may never be answerable by us -- no matter how much stock we put in science and no matter how advanced our knowledge gets or our skills progress.

But the fundamental question of the origin of the universe is simply not answerable by science, at this point. And if you (like a rather retarded lemming) point to Hawking and say "well Hawking says . . . " your appeal to authority is still destined to fail since --

Hawking doesn't know, either.

Listen dimwit....I worked for the same company for forty one years, the last 25 I was the operations manager in one of the largest mainframe computer centers in the SE United States. I retired 19 years ago and live in a 4 br brick rancher on a one and one half acre lot, 220 ft. lake frontage, a dock, a well pump in the lake for irrigation two storage buildings, pontoon boat etc. I know I've hit a nerve when some ignoramous throws a bunch of bull shit in the game. You go ahead and believe that 2000 year old fairy tale if you choose but it just proves that you don't know shit from shinola.

Hey senile shit for brains stooge, when I want your uninteresting biography, I'll let you know.

Now, go back to working on your bunions, you stupid old fart.

Who the hell appointed you hall monitor

I don't need your permission to nail your ass repeatedly the way I've always done and will continue to do:

"Listen dimwit....I worked for the same company for forty one years, the last 25 I was the operations manager in one of the largest mainframe computer centers in the SE United States. I retired 19 years ago and live in a 4 br brick rancher on a one and one half acre lot, 220 ft. lake frontage, a dock, a well pump in the lake for irrigation two storage buildings, pontoon boat etc. I know I've hit a nerve when some ignoramous throws a bunch of bull shit in the game. You go ahead and believe that 2000 year old fairy tale if you choose but it just proves that you don't know shit from shinola."

Stephen Hawking Explains Creation, Big Bang Sans God

Enter: the black hole.

The black hole, which floats in space, is a star so massive that it has collapsed in on itself. Nothing, including light, can escape its gravity.

"Its gravitational field is so powerful it doesn't only warp and distort light but also time," he explained. Time, thus, doesn't exist in the black hole.

Using this as the final key to revealing how the universe created itself, Hawking explained that if you travel back in time toward the moment of the big bang, the universe gets smaller until it comes to a point where the whole universe is in a space so small that it is "in effect a single infinitesimally small, infinitesimally dense black hole."

He concluded, "You can't get to a time before the big bang because there was no before the big bang. We have finally found something that doesn't have a cause because there was no time for a cause to exist in. For me, this means there is no possibility of a Creator because there is no time for a Creator to have existed."

----------------------------------------

You gotta love the fact science was put into the Christian "entertainment" section.

That's a completely unscientific statement.

rdeans brain is a black hole which floats in space, is an ego so massive that it has collapsed in on itself. Nothing, including reason, can escape its stupidity.

You do realise the science community do not agree or even know if black holes even exist. Hawking has done too many meds.

They found what appeared to be a black hole leaking matter out one end there goes hawking's theory.
Bullshit!

Black Holes - NASA Science

Scientists can't directly observe black holes with telescopes that detect x-rays, light, or other forms of electromagnetic radiation. We can, however, infer the presence of black holes and study them by detecting their effect on other matter nearby. If a black hole passes through a cloud of interstellar matter, for example, it will draw matter inward in a process known as accretion. A similar process can occur if a normal star passes close to a black hole. In this case, the black hole can tear the star apart as it pulls it toward itself. As the attracted matter accelerates and heats up, it emits x-rays that radiate into space. Recent discoveries offer some tantalizing evidence that black holes have a dramatic influence on the neighborhoods around them - emitting powerful gamma ray bursts, devouring nearby stars, and spurring the growth of new stars in some areas while stalling it in others.

Most black holes form from the remnants of a large star that dies in a supernova explosion. (Smaller stars become dense neutron stars, which are not massive enough to trap light.) If the total mass of the star is large enough (about three times the mass of the Sun), it can be proven theoretically that no force can keep the star from collapsing under the influence of gravity. However, as the star collapses, a strange thing occurs. As the surface of the star nears an imaginary surface called the "event horizon," time on the star slows relative to the time kept by observers far away. When the surface reaches the event horizon, time stands still, and the star can collapse no more - it is a frozen collapsing object.

Babies and Giants
Although the basic formation process is understood, one perennial mystery in the science of black holes is that they appear to exist on two radically different size scales. On the one end, there are the countless black holes that are the remnants of massive stars. Peppered throughout the Universe, these "stellar mass" black holes are generally 10 to 24 times as massive as the Sun. Astronomers spot them when another star draws near enough for some of the matter surrounding it to be snared by the black hole's gravity, churning out x-rays in the process. Most stellar black holes, however, lead isolated lives and are impossible to detect. Judging from the number of stars large enough to produce such black holes, however, scientists estimate that there are as many as ten million to a billion such black holes in the Milky Way alone.
On the other end of the size spectrum are the giants known as "supermassive" black holes, which are millions, if not billions, of times as massive as the Sun. Astronomers believe that supermassive black holes lie at the center of virtually all large galaxies, even our own Milky Way. Astronomers can detect them by watching for their effects on nearby stars and gas.

B.S. ?

Do black holes really exist?
22:16 18 June 2007 by Stephen Battersby
Do black holes really exist? - space - 18 June 2007 - New Scientist
Your screed is a little outdated, yes?

Chandra X-ray Observatory - Learn About Black Holes

I'm pretty sure the middle of your ass.

As opposed to your face?

I knew that post would rattle you because it really does expose the baselessness of your superiority complex.

In reality, you, Dummmmbell, are not only nothing special now, you senile fuckwit, but in your entire meaningless existence, you never were anything special.

Science does not answer all questions. In fact, quite regularly, good science opens doors to lots of new questions. And because we ARE ultimately mere human beings, some of the questions may never be answerable by us -- no matter how much stock we put in science and no matter how advanced our knowledge gets or our skills progress.

But the fundamental question of the origin of the universe is simply not answerable by science, at this point. And if you (like a rather retarded lemming) point to Hawking and say "well Hawking says . . . " your appeal to authority is still destined to fail since --

Listen dimwit....I worked for the same company for forty one years, the last 25 I was the operations manager in one of the largest mainframe computer centers in the SE United States. I retired 19 years ago and live in a 4 br brick rancher on a one and one half acre lot, 220 ft. lake frontage, a dock, a well pump in the lake for irrigation two storage buildings, pontoon boat etc. I know I've hit a nerve when some ignoramous throws a bunch of bull shit in the game. You go ahead and believe that 2000 year old fairy tale if you choose but it just proves that you don't know shit from shinola.

What in the FUCK does this have to do with what you replied to?

I scratched my balls four times today. The most recent being 17 minutes ago.
Therefore the rings of Saturn are made of candy canes.
:cuckoo:

:fu:

Hey senile shit for brains stooge, when I want your uninteresting biography, I'll let you know.

Now, go back to working on your bunions, you stupid old fart.

Who the hell appointed you hall monitor

I don't need your permission to nail your ass repeatedly the way I've always done and will continue to do:

"Listen dimwit....I worked for the same company for forty one years, the last 25 I was the operations manager in one of the largest mainframe computer centers in the SE United States. I retired 19 years ago and live in a 4 br brick rancher on a one and one half acre lot, 220 ft. lake frontage, a dock, a well pump in the lake for irrigation two storage buildings, pontoon boat etc. I know I've hit a nerve when some ignoramous throws a bunch of bull shit in the game. You go ahead and believe that 2000 year old fairy tale if you choose but it just proves that you don't know shit from shinola."

The day has never yet arrived and of course never will arrive when you can nail anything.

In our discussions you have been pwnd and owned entirely and repeatedly as you know, and for good reason:

You are a stupid, senseless, dimwit, senile fuckstick.

I have granted you permission to go take care of your bunions, you stale old fart.

Go. Now. Do it.

I further grant you permission to come back and say lots of stupid shit.

Last edited:
Bullshit!

Black Holes - NASA Science

Scientists can't directly observe black holes with telescopes that detect x-rays, light, or other forms of electromagnetic radiation. We can, however, infer the presence of black holes and study them by detecting their effect on other matter nearby. If a black hole passes through a cloud of interstellar matter, for example, it will draw matter inward in a process known as accretion. A similar process can occur if a normal star passes close to a black hole. In this case, the black hole can tear the star apart as it pulls it toward itself. As the attracted matter accelerates and heats up, it emits x-rays that radiate into space. Recent discoveries offer some tantalizing evidence that black holes have a dramatic influence on the neighborhoods around them - emitting powerful gamma ray bursts, devouring nearby stars, and spurring the growth of new stars in some areas while stalling it in others.

Most black holes form from the remnants of a large star that dies in a supernova explosion. (Smaller stars become dense neutron stars, which are not massive enough to trap light.) If the total mass of the star is large enough (about three times the mass of the Sun), it can be proven theoretically that no force can keep the star from collapsing under the influence of gravity. However, as the star collapses, a strange thing occurs. As the surface of the star nears an imaginary surface called the "event horizon," time on the star slows relative to the time kept by observers far away. When the surface reaches the event horizon, time stands still, and the star can collapse no more - it is a frozen collapsing object.

Babies and Giants
Although the basic formation process is understood, one perennial mystery in the science of black holes is that they appear to exist on two radically different size scales. On the one end, there are the countless black holes that are the remnants of massive stars. Peppered throughout the Universe, these "stellar mass" black holes are generally 10 to 24 times as massive as the Sun. Astronomers spot them when another star draws near enough for some of the matter surrounding it to be snared by the black hole's gravity, churning out x-rays in the process. Most stellar black holes, however, lead isolated lives and are impossible to detect. Judging from the number of stars large enough to produce such black holes, however, scientists estimate that there are as many as ten million to a billion such black holes in the Milky Way alone.
On the other end of the size spectrum are the giants known as "supermassive" black holes, which are millions, if not billions, of times as massive as the Sun. Astronomers believe that supermassive black holes lie at the center of virtually all large galaxies, even our own Milky Way. Astronomers can detect them by watching for their effects on nearby stars and gas.

B.S. ?

Do black holes really exist?
22:16 18 June 2007 by Stephen Battersby
Do black holes really exist? - space - 18 June 2007 - New Scientist
Your screed is a little outdated, yes?

Chandra X-ray Observatory - Learn About Black Holes

So what do you think of the Theory of Quantum Gravity ?

One super big flaw. God ain't stuck in the earthly limitations of the limited mind of earth or such a piddly thing as physics.

One super big flaw. God ain't stuck in the earthly limitations of the limited mind of earth or such a piddly thing as physics.

That's one of many ways Hawking is showing himself to be an idiot. The absence of time is a limitation to Nature, not God. But, Hawking reasons that it's a limitation to God, not Nature.

But, you're stuck in a wheelchair and you talk about black holes, people will think you're smart, no matter how dumb.

He concluded, "You can't get to a time before the big bang because there was no before the big bang. We have finally found something that doesn't have a cause because there was no time for a cause to exist in. For me, this means there is no possibility of a Creator because there is no time for a Creator to have existed."

Of course there was no time for God to exist in because GOD CREATED TIME ITSELF. He exists outside of and prior to the flow of our universe's space and time.

This is basic Christian thrology and my bet is the Jewiush and ISlamic theology is very similar to it too.

Just one more example of why scientists shouldnt be taken as authorities on theology because theology has little to do with science other than provide a philosophical foundation to it. And science has NOTHING to say about theology.

The black hole, which floats in space, is a star so massive that it has collapsed in on itself. Nothing, including light, can escape its gravity.

"Its gravitational field is so powerful it doesn't only warp and distort light but also time," he explained. Time, thus, doesn't exist in the black hole.

Using this as the final key to revealing how the universe created itself, Hawking explained that if you travel back in time toward the moment of the big bang, the universe gets smaller until it comes to a point where the whole universe is in a space so small that it is "in effect a single infinitesimally small, infinitesimally dense black hole."

You gotta love the fact science was put into the Christian "entertainment" section.

Didn't Hawking also say that any aliens we encounter would wipe us out?

I don't care for the conclusion he has made here, it doesn't really conclude much.

I don't see why it's out of the realm of possibility that our universe was born out of a star exploding in a universe that out-dates what we know of as the universe...perhaps the older universe contains celestial objects that would make our biggest stars look like small potatoes.

Seeing as how we have no way of attaining what the edge of our own universe is, how can we possibly know what's beyond it? Perhaps we're a bubble of a universe within other bubbles.

To be fair, at least Hawking tries to figure it out, the religious folks here that don't like his findings can only resort to insults. It's not like his theory is any more or less hard to swallow/unprovable than yours.

:dunno:

You don't know enough about physics to form a valid opinion of his research.

What is it about these extremely intelligent people

We have a OP showing Hawking is batshit stupid, and you still think he's intelligent. How stupid of you.

Hawking and Einstein are/were theoretical physicists, which may be Greek to you. But, millions of idiots know Greek because they grew up in a Greek society. Just like this forum is full of idiots who speak English.

LOL. Hawking, arguably the greatest Theoretical Physicist of his generation, is batshit stupid.

Millions of people understand physics because they grew up in a universe governed by Physics, right? Millions of people can read music because they listen to iTunes all day.

I don't understand his conclusions, but it's far more likely that I'm stupid than he's stupid. But I'm not as stupid as you, which makes me feel better about my stupidity.

He is about some things. He is biased against the possibility that humans cannot know everything.

I'm pretty sure the middle of your ass.

As opposed to your face?

Are you even aware that you just made his point for him?

IMO Dr. Hawking should stick to science.

Also, my understanding is that time can still exist in a BH, its just that the 3 spatial dimensions become time-like and the one time dimension becomes space-like.

Forum List

Back