Hawking says physics proves there is no time for "Gawd".

You don't know enough about physics to form a valid opinion of his research.

One need not be a physicist to validly criticize the assertion that "physics" proves the non-existence of God or that physics is even capable of "proving" any such thing.

Until and unless "physics" can answer the question of where the stuff that comprised the original material for the Big Bang came from (in addition to addressing why the laws of physics get magically suspended at that instant), then what Hawking said is nothing more than his own uninformed guesswork.

Until you can verify and prove that The universe was created in six days about 6000 years ago. Two naked teens and a snake in garden determined the fate of the whole human race. There was a flood in which the water level reached a hight of 29.000 ft and evaporated in a few weeks. Big fish puked up live men. Walls came tumbling at the sound of a trumpet. A virgin gave birth to the god of the universe wno was also himself and a holy ghost. A man was able to walk on water. People were healed of leprosy by laying hands on them. Water was turned into fine wine. 5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were collected. A man was hung on a cross and bled like a hog only to show up two days later fit as a fiddle. etc. etc.

Keep your ignorant theories about all religions to yourself. One is as bad as the rest because they were all devised by primitives who were almost as screwed up and brainwashed as you are.

Wouldn't it be easier for me to prove you have no idea what the Bible actually says?

You don't know the differece between a scientific theory and pure, ancient, foolish mythology. Don't feel bad....I've been around for 77 years and Christians are the most naive or brainwashed people I've ever met.

You think Hawking's claim is scientific, that the whole universe came into existence without cause, without space, and without time? And, you're worried about people who believe a pair of naked teenagers, rather than a troop of monkeys, fathered the human race? I just gave you a scientific theory for a young earth, one you or any Atheist scientist can't refute... any better than hypocritically whining about naivety.

Look at my rep. That's not the fruit of naivety. That's the fruit of rhetorically beating the shit out of defenseless fools, like yourself.

There is no workable Quantum Theory of Gravity today, especially that outdated crap.

There is no accepted theory of gravity, quite a few of the existing theories are workable.
Quantum Gravity in Flatland: Scientific American

Today the biggest missing link in this quest is the unification of gravity and quantum mechanics. Einstein’s theory of gravity, his general theory of relativity, describes the birth of the universe, the orbits of planets and the fall of Newton’s apple. Quantum mechanics describes atoms and molecules, electrons and quarks, the fundamental subatomic forces, and much besides. Yet in the places where both theories should apply—where both gravity and quantum effects are strong, such as black holes—they also seem incompatible. Physicists’ best efforts to combine them into a quantum theory of gravity have failed miserably, giving answers that make no sense or no answers at all. Despite 80 years of work by generations of physicists, including a dozen or so Nobel laureates, a quantum theory of gravity remains elusive.

Why would anyone even try to prove that the Earth was created in 6 days by a super being? It's a matter of faith isn't it? If you have it, then why bother to try and prove it? If you don't then no amount of "proof" will make a difference.

Yeah right.....while you people are accepting a 2000 year old fairy tale Einstein and Fermi were taking theories and constructing an atomic bomb. You are so damn naive that it should be a crime.

:lol: I don't believe it, fuckwit!

There is no workable Quantum Theory of Gravity today, especially that outdated crap.

There is no accepted theory of gravity, quite a few of the existing theories are workable.

Today the biggest missing link in this quest is the unification of gravity and quantum mechanics. Einstein’s theory of gravity, his general theory of relativity, describes the birth of the universe, the orbits of planets and the fall of Newton’s apple. Quantum mechanics describes atoms and molecules, electrons and quarks, the fundamental subatomic forces, and much besides. Yet in the places where both theories should apply—where both gravity and quantum effects are strong, such as black holes—they also seem incompatible. Physicists’ best efforts to combine them into a quantum theory of gravity have failed miserably, giving answers that make no sense or no answers at all. Despite 80 years of work by generations of physicists, including a dozen or so Nobel laureates, a quantum theory of gravity remains elusive.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

If you think that answers that make no sense or no answers at all are "WORKABLE" then we agree! :cuckoo:

A nerd in a wheelchair suggests that all that is in the universe came from nothing and that's all it takes for some to believe it.

Suggest that an all-powerful GOD makes man from sand and clay and woman from a rib and it's the Christian that's bat-shit crazy.

At least we start with some sort of building block.....

:lol:

Unlike religion, science seeks to understand the unknown, rather than dogmatically taking one side to the exclusion of all others. In science we test our theories to learn the truth.

I partially disagree with this statement, many scientists are narrow minded and don't allow for open thought, they simply say this is the way it is and your wrong then find out out some time later that they were wrong. Whenever evidence comes up that rejects canonical scientific beleifs, scientists push it under the rug. Things that go against the grain are branded "Psudosciences" and discredited without proof. Legends and folklore have often times been discounted and then found to actually be true, i think the problem is the scientists themselves they leave no room for philosophy in science, in my humble opinion science and philosophy were meant to go hand in hand and i don't think one can be complete without the other and many people mistake the progression of technology with the progression of humanity which sadly not the case.

If you think that answers that make no sense or no answers at all are "WORKABLE" then we agree! :cuckoo:

I thought you understood what you posted, my bad.

Didn't Hawking also say that any aliens we encounter would wipe us out?

He said it could be a disaster, like Columbus discovering America.

But, Hawking has batshit for brains. It's only in Liberal mythology that the arrival of Columbus was bad for the Indians.

Well considering the new technology and ways of doing things that the American Indians received and the fact that Columbus and his men unknowingly brought over many contagions that the american Indians could not survive, i'd say it was an even trade off.

One need not be a physicist to validly criticize the assertion that "physics" proves the non-existence of God or that physics is even capable of "proving" any such thing.

Until and unless "physics" can answer the question of where the stuff that comprised the original material for the Big Bang came from (in addition to addressing why the laws of physics get magically suspended at that instant), then what Hawking said is nothing more than his own uninformed guesswork.

Until you can verify and prove that The universe was created in six days about 6000 years ago. Two naked teens and a snake in garden determined the fate of the whole human race. There was a flood in which the water level reached a hight of 29.000 ft and evaporated in a few weeks. Big fish puked up live men. Walls came tumbling at the sound of a trumpet. A virgin gave birth to the god of the universe wno was also himself and a holy ghost. A man was able to walk on water. People were healed of leprosy by laying hands on them. Water was turned into fine wine. 5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were collected. A man was hung on a cross and bled like a hog only to show up two days later fit as a fiddle. etc. etc.

Keep your ignorant theories about all religions to yourself. One is as bad as the rest because they were all devised by primitives who were almost as screwed up and brainwashed as you are.

Wouldn't it be easier for me to prove you have no idea what the Bible actually says?

Christians say the bible is love. Hey...I can read. It tells a story of a vengeful and vindicative ruler of the universe who will smite anyone down who dares to favor any other and theatens fire and destruction to all those who do not keep his commandments to the letter:

Death penalties in old testament

Murder - Gen. 9:6; Ex. 21:12-14,20,23; Lev. 24:17,21; Num. 35:16-34; Deut. 19.
Failing to circumcise - Gen. 17:14; Ex. 4:24,25.
Eating leavened bread during feast of unleavened bread - Ex.
2:15,19.
Smiting Parents- Ex. 21:15.
Kidnapping - Ex. 21:16; Deut. 24:7.
Cursing Parents - Ex. 21:17; Lev. 20:9.
Negligence with animals that kill - Ex. 21:28-32.
Witchcraft - Ex. 22:18.
Bestiality - Ex. 22:19; Lev. 18:23-29; 20:15,16.
Idolatry - Ex. 22:20.
Making holy anointing oil - Ex. 30:33.
Putting holy anointing oil on strangers - Ex. 30:33.
Making the holy perfume - Ex. 30:38.
Defiling the Sabbath - Ex. 31:14.
Working on the Sabbath - Ex. 35:2.
Eating the flesh of the peace offerings in
uncleanness - Lev. 7:20,21.
Eating the fat of sacrifices - Lev. 7:25.
Killing sacrifices other than at the door of the tabernacle - Lev. 17:1-9.
Eating blood - Lev. 17:10-14.
Incest - Lev. 18:6-29; 20:11-22.
Eating sacrifices at the wrong time - Lev. 19:5-8.
Consecration of children to idols - Lev. 20:1-5.
Spiritualism - Lev. 20:6,27.
Adultery - Lev. 20:10; Deut. 22:22-30.
Sodomy/Homosexuality - Lev. 20:13.
Relationship with a menstruous woman - Lev. 20:18.
Whoredom - Lev. 21:9; Deut. 22:21,22.
Sacrilege - Lev. 22:3.
Refusing to fast on day of atonement - Lev. 23:29.
Working on atonement - Lev. 23:30.
Blasphemy - Lev. 24:11-16.
Failure to keep the Passover - Num. 9:13.
Presumptuous - Num. 15:30,31.
Gathering firewood on the Sabbath - Num. 15:32,36.
Failure to purify self before worship - Num. 19:13,20.
False prophecy - Deut. 13:1-18; 18:20.
Leading men away from God - Deut. 13:6-18.
Stubbornness and rebelliousness - Deut. 21:18-23.
Gluttony - Deut. 21:20-23.
Drunkenness - Deut. 21:20-23.
Backbiting - Deut. 17:2-7.
False dreams and visions - Deut. 13:1-18.

And then there is the burning hell thing:

“Go to now, YE RICH MEN, weep and howl for your MISERIES that shall come upon you” (James 5:1).
“For it is EASIER FOR A CAMEL TO GO THROUGH A NEEDLE’S EYE, than for a RICH MAN to enter into the kingdom of God” (Luke 18:25).
“For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the RICH MAN FADE AWAY IN HIS WAYS” (James 1:11)

Jesus foretells of WEEPING and GNASHING OF TEETH, “...there shall be WEEPING and GNASHING OF TEETH” (Matthew 8:12).

“Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH” (Matthew 22:13).
“And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH” (Matthew 24:51).
“And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH” (Matthew 25:30).
“There shall be WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out” (Luke 13:28).

“And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the FIRE THAT NEVER SHALL BE QUENCHED: Where their worm dieth not, and the FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the FIRE THAT NEVER SHALL BE QUENCHED: Where their conscience dieth not, and the FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into HELL FIRE: Where their conscience dieth not, and the FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED” (Mark 9:43-48).

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather FEAR HIM which is able to DESTROY BOTH SOUL AND BODY IN HELL” (Matthew 10:28).

Luke 16....14-31

14 The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus. 15 He said to them, “You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God’s sight. 16 “The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it. 17 It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law. 18 “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery. 19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’ 25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’ 27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ 29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ 30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’ 31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ “

Christians say the bible is love. Hey...I can read. It tells a story of a vengeful and vindicative ruler of the universe who will smite anyone down who dares to favor any other and theatens fire and destruction to all those who do not keep his commandments to the letter:

“Go to now, YE RICH MEN, weep and howl for your MISERIES that shall come upon you” (James 5:1).
“For it is EASIER FOR A CAMEL TO GO THROUGH A NEEDLE’S EYE, than for a RICH MAN to enter into the kingdom of God” (Luke 18:25).
“For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the RICH MAN FADE AWAY IN HIS WAYS” (James 1:11)

Jesus foretells of WEEPING and GNASHING OF TEETH, “...there shall be WEEPING and GNASHING OF TEETH” (Matthew 8:12).

“Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH” (Matthew 22:13).
“And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH” (Matthew 24:51).
“And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH” (Matthew 25:30).
“There shall be WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out” (Luke 13:28).

“And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the FIRE THAT NEVER SHALL BE QUENCHED: Where their worm dieth not, and the FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the FIRE THAT NEVER SHALL BE QUENCHED: Where their conscience dieth not, and the FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into HELL FIRE: Where their conscience dieth not, and the FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED” (Mark 9:43-48).

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather FEAR HIM which is able to DESTROY BOTH SOUL AND BODY IN HELL” (Matthew 10:28).

Luke 16....14-31

14 The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus. 15 He said to them, “You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God’s sight. 16 “The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it. 17 It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law. 18 “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery. 19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’ 25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’ 27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ 29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ 30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’ 31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ “

:blahblah: :talk2hand: Your a dumbass whos obviously taking things out of context, why don't you place the areas where the New Testament refutes most of the claims your making?:stupid:

Luke 16....14-31

I would correct your idiocy, but you would just post the exact same thing again.

Stephen Hawking Explains Creation, Big Bang Sans God

Enter: the black hole.

The black hole, which floats in space, is a star so massive that it has collapsed in on itself. Nothing, including light, can escape its gravity.

"Its gravitational field is so powerful it doesn't only warp and distort light but also time," he explained. Time, thus, doesn't exist in the black hole.

Using this as the final key to revealing how the universe created itself, Hawking explained that if you travel back in time toward the moment of the big bang, the universe gets smaller until it comes to a point where the whole universe is in a space so small that it is "in effect a single infinitesimally small, infinitesimally dense black hole."

He concluded, "You can't get to a time before the big bang because there was no before the big bang. We have finally found something that doesn't have a cause because there was no time for a cause to exist in. For me, this means there is no possibility of a Creator because there is no time for a Creator to have existed."

----------------------------------------

You gotta love the fact science was put into the Christian "entertainment" section.
More funnies from hawking, great. Of course you believe the liar.

Luke 16....14-31

I would correct your idiocy, but you would just post the exact same thing again.
He always proves how stupid he is.

Hawking probably has an equation which proves that none of us exist...

No, I'm not sharing the equation.:lol: *

*I can tolerate extreme right wingnuts, and atheists. The combo, however, makes me want to vomit; luckily, they are few and far between.

Folks. Science excludes any opinion on the existence of a God, by definition.

Stop blathering about meaningless drivel.

Oh...and rdean is still a moron.

Luke 16....14-31

:blahblah: :talk2hand: Your a dumbass whos obviously taking things out of context, why don't you place the areas where the New Testament refutes most of the claims your making?:stupid:

I at least know the difference between you're and your.

I've read the bible and most people who claim to be Christians can't quote ten verses of it. I'll be waiting with bated breath until you show me something besides grammatical errors.

Last edited:

Luke 16....14-31

I at least know the difference between you're and your.

I've read the bible and most people who claim to be Christians can't quote ten verses of it. I'll be waiting with bated breath until you show me something besides grammatical errors.

Invaild argument, memory can be faulty if you don't have a photographic memory (which most people don't) so what you say you remember from the bible could actually be wrong, thats why its all there in black and white for you to read as many times you like.

Forum List

Back