Have you had

a geniune experience with God?

Yep! Personally, YES.

I would discuss it, but it is kind of embarrassing. Anyways, all in all, God helped me through a difficult time. I did have to pray to get him to help.

I also had some lady give me a hundred dollar bill one day, after moving to another state, and realizing that with a title company check written in my maiden name, and no bank account to deposit it into, and no bank willing to take it, and only 50 dollars in my pocket, and a child, two cats, and a dog in a hotel to worry about. The people in the hotel would not extend me credit for one night, while I waited for the title company to reissue the check in the proper name. That was definitely a God-send. Also, the people whose house I was buying (which was located 2.5 hours away) happened to be in the major city our plane touched down in, and our hotel was, and were kind enough to come get us, and additionally let us have 2 weeks of "house rental" to be charged to us in addition to the purchase price.. THAT was another God Send. I know God works in mysterious ways. Some of them are REALLY helpful. I planned the whole move, and closed the bank account and all this, to get away from my abusive husband who would have loved to have seen me with a bullet in my chest or head. Thank God for helping me get out of that..

And also- there have been other things, smaller, but really neat stuff, like this pothole in the culdesac of the street we used to live on. My mom was fighting with the city to get them to fill it. It was a really bad pothole, kinda deep. Well a week after she died, the city finally filled the pothole, lol. Better late than never, I guess..

Also, after my dad (a city attorney where we grew up) died, and we were getting out of school for the summer, my mom did not have anyone to watch us during the week between school and summer camp. She asked for that week off. Her boss denied her.
Well, my mom got summoned to jury duty scheduled that very week we would be out of school, for a case involving a gun crime. Being naturalized from Scotland, when asked how she felt about guns, she said she was terrified of them, and was excused from the jury duty. This of course gave me and my sister someone to watch us and keep us safe for the week my mom was fortunately excused from work for jury duty that also excused her. What are the odds.

I have to think about these things whenever I question my own faith.. I do believe in God. I know he is here, watching over us.. :eusa_angel:

a geniune experience with God?

Nope.

But I give them to the ladies all the time.

Giggity.

Sorry but I just cant help myself from not picking on you after this post.. lol..

This is a really interesting article on ancient writings and beliefs that describe why females are truly the ones who show heaven to the males.

When a female has an orgasm, it is said that she loses control. True, we do lose some control- but not all. Men on the other hand, lose entire control and are TRAPPED in a state of bliss, that can only be referred to as a theological closeness to God. This is probably one reason why men take a longer time to get through their resolution phase than women do.

The following passage shows that women will also have (developed) incredible power (matriarchal) in a few thousand more years. This is new testament stuff, of course. :

Furthermore, according to Jewish tradition, with the dawn of the Messianic era, predicted to occur after 6000 years of the Jewish calendar (currently at 5769) at the threshold of the Sabbatical millennium, Adam’s sin will be removed. This will have a profound effect on the status of women. Isaiah’s prophecy that “…the light of the Moon will be like the light of the Sun” (Isaiah 30:26) is said to reflect this transformation in the eminence of women. So too, according to the Zohar, does the prophecy of Jeremiah: “For God will create a new thing, a woman shall court a man” (Kaplan 1993, 62).

Mystic Link: The Power Within: The Feminine Principle in Chinese and Jewish Mystical Traditions

Also, this website actually shows that we are extremely closely connected, gender wise- even physically, which is not hard to believe, since we each share an X chromosome, and the same type of reproductive tissue.. we even look the same, as far as sex organs go, during the 9th week of gestation, so since we share so much in common, we are (according to this website) for the most part, androgynous.

Society for Sacred Sexuality – Male/Female Androgyny

However, since females share male reproductive tissue, and males share female reproductive tissue, then the only thing that is to be considered here is that females actually have TWO x chromosomes, and males only have one. This, to me, is a genetic indicator of female sexual superiority- and I do not mean that in any other sense than the ability to get a man closer to the divine creator..

Clearly I do not have a whole lot to base this on, LOL, but it is certainly an interesting battle of the sexes type subject..

I am really happy you brought up that point that way. I am a feminist when it comes to sexually spiritual ability. I truly (or at least for the most part) believe that women are the leaders of men to God, much moreso than the other way around.

I admit though, I could be wrong. =)

I, an atheists, must have acted in God's name then!! I once gave a man twenty dollars because he was stranded with his wife and need gas. Did not know the man!! Did not bother to ask for his name.

I, an atheists, acted in God's name again when I helped change a ladies Tire and rode with her to ensure she got a brand new set of tires (I helped pay for them). Never saw her again, I forgot her name!!(Give me a break, she was a hot female!!)

I, an atheists, have bought meals and lunches for various people just because they ask me. Some of them I did know. Some of whom I did not.

I, an atheist, also housed individuals when they were kicked out of there homes(In this case, I did know the individual)

I have done a numerous things for people because I understood their situation and had the means and desire to help them. (Also I have recieved help from people as well, so I am not always the one giving)

I guess, when I give, the mystical cloud being from the other dimension--ahem, known as God--moved me, a poor unfaithful heretic!!!

Hah hah--You are kidding, right? No Saints nor angels moved me. I moved myself.

An experience with god--more like meeting people with a sense of compassion or need.

Question:Have you ever had an experience with the devil? Were you in a situation or mood so grand, only to have someone come in and, seemingly, try to undermine and destroy it?

I guess you just did:lol:!!​

Last edited:
Of course the holy spirit of the divine moved you, amrchaos, to help and serve others. Whether you recognize it remains immaterial. What counts is that you served others for no other reason than you wanted to help. Good for you!

Forum List

Back