Ethics question on a job application

Huh?

leave this space blank
Sep 17, 2009
areyoushittin'me?
You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night,

when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the

bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

2. An old friend who once saved your life.

3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there

could only be one passenger in your car? Think before you continue

reading.

This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part

of a job application. You could pick up the old lady, because she is

going to die, and thus you should save her first. Or you could take

the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be

the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able

to find your perfect mate again.

-------------

What would you do?

This is easy.

Obama's Death Camp Czar Ezekiel Emanuel tells us that the old lady already has used plenty of her "life years" and since space in the car is a geniune scarcity it's Adios, Vieja!

The friend once saved your life, so, OK so as we're driving, I'd tell my perfect mate to make sure we send him a Christmas Card this year from both of us.

My work here is done

There were 200 applicants...one guy got the job based on his answer and it was nothing like anything offered so far.

As zoom said, there is no dilemma...you take the old woman and you leave your contact info and get their contact info while loading the old woman in to the car...

edit

that would be my answer, wrong for employment or not.

oops

or call 911 for the old woman? :D

then screw the friend and take the true love? :lol:

Last edited:
There were 200 applicants...one guy got the job based on his answer and it was nothing like anything offered so far.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll be missed in Santa's Workshop because of my answer. I hear the Keebler Elves are hiring

Give your car to the person that saved your life, have him or her take the old lady to the hospital and ride the bus with your perfect mate.

Ethics question on a job application

This has been on the interwebs for a while, so obviously I know what answer the job applicant gave. Me? I'd ask my wife why she was waiting for a bus. :D

Things do tend to make the rounds again and again...first I had seen it though and apparently many had not...some interesting insight on some of the characters here...yeah, and now she has you out sitting in the rain...:razz:

This is easy.

Obama's Death Camp Czar Ezekiel Emanuel tells us that the old lady already has used plenty of her "life years" and since space in the car is a geniune scarcity it's Adios, Vieja!

The friend once saved your life, so, OK so as we're driving, I'd tell my perfect mate to make sure we send him a Christmas Card this year from both of us.

My work here is done
And yet you just couldn't resist coming back with more of your insight.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll be missed in Santa's Workshop because of my answer. I hear the Keebler Elves are hiring
Be sure and tell your buddy...

cookie-monster3-7769871237963363.jpg

Give your car to the person that saved your life, have him or her take the old lady to the hospital and ride the bus with your perfect mate.

You're hired.

Yeah, like that ever happens in real life.

What's the job, writing romance novels?
Well, no shit...it was a hypothetical question to gain insight into one's creativity and problem solving abilities...no worries...you won't be burdened with a bunch of paperwork...have a good day.

You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night,

when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the

bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

2. An old friend who once saved your life.

3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there

could only be one passenger in your car? Think before you continue

reading.

This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part

of a job application. You could pick up the old lady, because she is

going to die, and thus you should save her first. Or you could take

the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be

the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able

to find your perfect mate again.

-------------

What would you do?

Some one asked this question already

You give the keys to your old to drive the lady to the hospital(question--are your friends good?) and you stay with your perfect mate until he returns(Question, what if she do not think you are her perfect mate?? That could be come a very long and painful wait!!)

The guy who saved my life. I would put the old woman on top of the car like in Christmas Vacation. The perfect mate will have to be somebody else's, no more room.

Forum List

Back