Have you ever visited a Mosque?

Anyone is welcomed to visit a Mosque here in America.

Yes, you should dress somewhat conservatively.

Basically the same as if you entering a Church or Synagouge.

No, a visiting woman does not have to cover her hair.

But if you did bring a scarf to wear it would be seen as a sign of respect. :eusa_angel:

Can I walk in with shorts, flip flops and a wife-beater?

Sure if you are a man. Just don't attempt shorts and flip flops if you are a woman.
What kind of woman would visit a Church, Synagogue, or Mosque, wearing shorts, flip flops, and a sleeveless T shirt?? :doubt:

But if you did bring a scarf to wear it would be seen as a sign of respect. :eusa_angel:

In j'lem they asked that you cover your hair

No, but I really wouldn't take too kindly to being required to enter through the back door, lol.

Depends on whether or not his wife is going to press charges, but you really should look into a better class of friends.

Sure if you are a man. Just don't attempt shorts and flip flops if you are a woman.
What kind of woman would visit a Church, Synagogue, or Mosque, wearing shorts, flip flops, and a sleeveless T shirt?? :doubt:

My favorite kind!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpKUFXHxJa8]Chris Wall - Trashy Women - 1991 - He wrote it - YouTube[/ame]

Yes. I've been to the Aya Sofia in Istanbul.
Hagia Sophia [Ayasofya] is no longer a mosque. It was built as a Christian Church, then became a mosque, and was secularized in 1931. It is a museum since 1935.

It was closed when I was in Istanbul, but very beautiful from the outside.

It's been renovated.

Virtual Tour
Hagia Sophia Virtual Tour** -** www.360tr.com

Lot's of other tours on the site.

Many times. I think the only religious building I've never stepped foot in is a satanic church or whatever the hell they call themselves.

You could, but you would look like an ass.......but if you did that any house of worship you would look like an ass. Of course, someone like you would bitch about it after because you were treated like an ass.

I would hope they let a woman and her 16 year old daughter observe their Mosque.

You don't have to cover your hair entering a mosque like others indicated.
Adult women should generally cover their head with a scarf, that's what scripture wants.
But if you don't carry, you can still enter mosque without headscarf like millions of other women in the world do.

The nuns who taught cathechism strongly warned us to stay out of "those places".

"Those places" being any house of worship other than a Catholic church.

enverbozyigit3ubirarada.jpg

The nuns who taught cathechism strongly warned us to stay out of "those places".

"Those places" being any house of worship other than a Catholic church.

Funny. I attended Catholic Schools and was never warned to stay out of any religious buildings of any faith. In fact, we were actively encouraged to learn and understand other religions.

And, yes, I have been to mosques, and temples, and synagogues, etc. I think learning about other faiths is interesting.

Forum List

Back