Have you ever visited a Mosque?

I don't have to explain anything, I don't pick and choose. As far as eating certain things or wearing certain things, Jesus changed everything. He said what was once bad in the old testament to eat was now clean. When you understand you will see the truth.
Clearly you have never read your Bible.

Because Jesus did not say any such thing.

If you disagree, than please provide chapter and verse where Jesus said this.

Or admit you don't have a clue what you are talking about. :cool:

I don't have to explain anything, I don't pick and choose. As far as eating certain things or wearing certain things, Jesus changed everything. He said what was once bad in the old testament to eat was now clean. When you understand you will see the truth.

Mark chapter 7 versus 18 and 19. Jesus declares all foods clean.

You are the clueless one.

In those verses Jesus does not declare all foods to be clean.

There is a deep spiritual significance to Jesus's words that passes right over your head.

And you ain't got a clue what Jesus is talking about.

Last edited:
Ok, this topic title made me laugh. Here's why ...

My girlfriend and I visited Turkey recently, and on the first day we were touring some of the more interesting sites in Istanbul. At one point we took a break and our tour guide explained that one of the 'services' traditionally provided in the city by mosques was public washroom facilities.

So, over the week we were in Turkey, we took to using the phrase "I need to visit a mosque" - albeit with a somewhat specific meaning. :lol::lol:

I am taking Mini EZ to one today. She has to visit a place of religion different from her own for her Religious Studies Class.

We were going to go to the Buddhist Temple in Bloomington, but it's over an hour drive and we just don't have the time today. So she said she wanted to go to a Mosque. There is one a few miles from our house.

Just wondered if anyone else has gone to one to visit.

Just a heads up, I think the rule of thumb is that you can't go into a Mosque unless you are a Muslim.

At least, that's how it was in Afghanistan. Not sure if it would be the same here.

In Turkey, they generally allow visitors to the large showy mosques - but not during services. And you have to take off your shoes (and women are supposed to wear a head scarf, but that wasn't enforced at the tourist sites).

One interesting bit about being there was the five-times-a-day prayer call. Each time, the men have to go through an washing ritual, taking off their shoes washing the hands, feet, neck, etc, before praying.

Last edited:

There is a deep spiritual significance to Jesus's words that passes right over your head.

Wrong as usual. But then I expect you to be wrong. I got my Bible right here next to me and I happened to read it again after you challenged me. Prove me wrong or go away.

Last edited:

Wrong as usual. But then I expect you to be wrong.
Then prove me wrong with scripture?

I like when I meet half baked Christians like you in person.

I have them whip out their Bible.

Then I procede to eat their lunch using their own Bible. :eusa_angel:

I just did. You are just too dense to see the truth. I am not a half baked Christian. I take it you are not a Christian?

To check with the experts at Prairie Home Companion would these be "Dark Lutherans" or "Light Lutherans"?

Dark Lutherans believe in things like occasional old testament seriousness appropriately away from the holidays and canning. Light Lutherans believe in things like Ice Cream Socials and sticking to the lighter sections of the new testament.
Funny but complete bull. The Lutherans I go to Church with along with myself believe in the whole Bible. When you pick and choose what parts of the Bible you believe in you miss out on the true meaning. For example, homosexuals that believe they are Christians do not believe in the whole Bible, if they did they would know that homosexuality is a sin and detestable to God. Read Leviticus and Romans.
If you wear mixed fabrics, eat pork or shellfish then you don't believe in the "whole bible" either.
Then you're ignoring the liberation of diet for Christians as shown to the Apostle Peter in the book of Acts.

I also love how this got dragged off topic. :rolleyes:

I wonder how this went with EZ and little EZ

I visited many mosques in Turkey.

Me too. Istanbul was great!

No shit. Beautiful city. And pretty wild too. The last night I was there, we were in a hotel in the 'nightlife' district. I went to sleep at eleven, so I could catch my plane home the next morning. When I got up at 5:00 am the streets were still full of partiers. Definitely a city that never sleeps.

I should post pictures. I got pictures. :)

I visited many mosques in Turkey.

No shit. Beautiful city. And pretty wild too. The last night I was there, we were in a hotel in the 'nightlife' district. I went to sleep at eleven, so I could catch my plane home the next morning. When I got up at 5:00 am the streets were still full of partiers. Definitely a city that never sleeps.

I liked those roof top bars. What a hoot.

The Turks are fun people as well.

That is always the case when theology is argued to boost pride. No religion, at least not the big three accept the prideful. I also wonder how the visit went for the gals.

Here's some pictures I took: http://www.usmessageboard.com/photography-and-imaging/198650-turkey.html#post4532542

The Turks are not so much fun if you were a genocided Armenian, twit.

Mention the Armenian Genocide in Turkey or as much as criticize the Turkish government or Turkey and the jail you'll wind up in won't be much fun. You'd cry for mommy and daddy. :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back