Merry Pagan's Day

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Cammmpbell, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    I do not appreciate the contradictions of some of the customs we have come to believe in both the church and in family tradition. When I was younger, I was told to believe that Christmas was the birthday of Jesus Christ. But when reading more into this subject, I find that most theologians believe the birthday of Jesus was early fall. And I still don’t quite understand why Christians choose to build a tree and decorate it each year. On December 25th (which is actually the original birthday of Mithra, a pagan diety) the ancient greeks would chop down trees and decorate them in the name of their god, Adonia.

Regardless of the lies, half-truths, or justifications that Christians or any other group believe about Christmas. I think we all agree one thing; there is something special in our country during this time of year for children. If one thinks about it for a minute the travelers from afar brought gifts to the child...not every adult which happened to be standing around the stable.

The commercial aspects of Christmas have grown exponentially until now big corporations see 20%-25% of their years sales within a few weeks around Christmas. P.T. Barnum said, "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute."

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  2. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    Cammmpbell have you ever considered seeking psychiatric help for your mental condition? :cool:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  3. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    I'm 77 years old and retired to a lakeside brick rancher 17 years ago after supervising up to 41 computing and telecommunications employees in one of the largest mainframe computer centers in the country for 25 years. No....it never occurred to me.

How's your hammer hanging

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Hey fellow old person.

Many Christians in the USA dont much like to think about the religions of others.

They prefer EVERYONE just pretend their religion is the ONLY one on earth and the ONLY one that gets to have holidays.

We all know how much Jesus was about insulting others by screaming things like merry Christmas at people in hopes they can bully them into agreeing with them.

The reason for the season after all is proving that Christ won the polls for best ever deity and everyone else should just shut up.

5. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    Yeah...they had me caught in that trap till I was over sixty years old. Never Again.

6. hortysir

hortysir In Memorial of 47

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,296

You're going to wind up dislocating your shoulder with all this self-backpatting you like to do.
    Tired of hearing it.

Why is it your mission to put stumbling blocks in others' paths?
    :eusa_pray:

I generally don;t say this to atheists as I know it isn't cool to do so, but you are one that I don't care about how it makes you feel, so:

I will pray for you
    :eusa_angel:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    I'm not an atheist....I'm agnostic. I don't know and you don't either.

One thing I'm sure of....if there is we will all get an equal shot. Not just those who believe a fairy tale fantasy imagined by ignorant people during the stone age.

8. Warrior102

Warrior102 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,029
    You're also neg repp'd for being a fucking asswipe.

Feel better ?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. hortysir

hortysir In Memorial of 47

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,296
    You could have stopped there, and every thing could've been cool, but you couldn't resist the urge to show your asshole, could ya?
    :eusa_silenced:

10. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    People who have these little jingles, jangles and dancing figures on their posts are the ass wipes. One has to search through the bullshit to find a post.