Have you ever visited a Mosque?

One of the obvious differences in culture is the fact that Christians and agnostic Americans freely consider visiting Mosques. Imagine what would happen to a citizen in an oppressive Islamic regime who expressed curiosity about visiting a Church or Synagogue?

Our Muslim neighbors gave us a tour of the Islamic Center here in Albuquerque. I was told a head scarf would not be required, but as she wore one, I took my cue from her and did also as a measure of respect. I also made sure I was fully covered with only hands and face showing. I am sure the folks there knew we were 'infidels' but we were treated pleasantly and with respect.

As an alternative, you also might try a local Jewish center who generally accommodate visitors pleasantly.

Our Muslim neighbors gave us a tour of the Islamic Center here in Albuquerque. I was told a head scarf would not be required, but as she wore one, I took my cue from her and did also as a measure of respect. I also made sure I was fully covered with only hands and face showing. I am sure the folks there knew we were 'infidels' but we were treated pleasantly and with respect.

As an alternative, you also might try a local Jewish center who generally accommodate visitors pleasantly.

Yes, it's one or the other, or........there is a Jehovah's Witness Temple (?) near the Mosque, we may even visit that~

I am taking Mini EZ to one today. She has to visit a place of religion different from her own for her Religious Studies Class.

We were going to go to the Buddhist Temple in Bloomington, but it's over an hour drive and we just don't have the time today. So she said she wanted to go to a Mosque. There is one a few miles from our house.

Just wondered if anyone else has gone to one to visit.
I have NO intention of stepping into satans house.

I am taking Mini EZ to one today. She has to visit a place of religion different from her own for her Religious Studies Class.

We were going to go to the Buddhist Temple in Bloomington, but it's over an hour drive and we just don't have the time today. So she said she wanted to go to a Mosque. There is one a few miles from our house.

Well, we didn't ask you to come along, so I'm thinking you're safe there.

Oh, and did someone say SATAN?
church_lady.jpg

Anyone is welcomed to visit a Mosque here in America.

Yes, you should dress somewhat conservatively.

Basically the same as if you entering a Church or Synagouge.

No, a visiting woman does not have to cover her hair.

But if you did bring a scarf to wear it would be seen as a sign of respect. :eusa_angel:
:eusa_clap:

Same in Central and South America ( with the A) It's a general rule to dress "respectfully" even just when going to town to bank or shopping......unless it's a beach town.
A pair of jeans and something other than a tank top and you go completely un-noticed.
The women ( ladies) generally wear a knee or a bit lower skirt and a short sleeved button up shirt.
The young latinas wear "spray on" jeans and the tightest top they can find.

Sunni understands.The mosque my buddy attends in Miami is mostly made up of Islanders from Trinidad and Tobago. They make some kick ass food and play Caribbean tunes.Laid back folks.Nice folks.
I'm sure if they lived near IsNtReal that would all change. Rightfully so.

The local Baptist Church? :badgrin:

One of the obvious differences in culture is the fact that Christians and agnostic Americans freely consider visiting Mosques. Imagine what would happen to a citizen in an oppressive Islamic regime who expressed curiosity about visiting a Church or Synagogue?
I do believe the penalty for that is still death in some radicalized areas.

No Lutheran. Point is I would not step in satans house.

You already have stepped into satan's house but are too dumb to realize it.

Revelation 2:9 "I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan."

The word “synagogue” is based on the Greek word sunagoge (assembly or church). The “synagogue of Satan” is an assembly or church comprised of people who “say they are Jews, and are not.” In this context, the usage of the term “Jews” is in a spiritual connotation. As the apostle Paul stated, in Romans 2:29, “…he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter…”

http://www.thercg.org/questions/p067.a.htm

Last edited:
You already have but are too dumb to realize it.

Revelation 2:9 "I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan."

The word “synagogue” is based on the Greek word sunagoge (assembly or church). The “synagogue of Satan” is an assembly or church comprised of people who “say they are Jews, and are not.” In this context, the usage of the term “Jews” is in a spiritual connotation. As the apostle Paul stated, in Romans 2:29, “…he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter…”

http://www.thercg.org/questions/p067.a.htm
No, I belong to a Christ believing Bible preaching Church. Islam is satans religion. You are too dumb to see the truth.

Two. The first was after 911. There was one in our neighborhood and they opened the doors and invited the community in to see what they where all about. The second one I slept at because I was delivering a load of hurricane relief supplies and I got to sleep there. Got fed and everything. What ever you do, dont be shocked by how normal they are.

Forum List

Back