Have we reached the point where compromise is not achievable?

I was referring to polls on the question of allowing adults who were brought here as children, and who have jobs and don't commit violent crimes, to stay.
I believe you can get a majority of republicans to vote for that

But democrats are not interested in a bill that does other also protect those on welfare and/or some kind of criminal record

Or even desired?

Unless Daca is part of a bill the gop must pass, Ryan won't bring it up, unless Trump (aka Miller Sessions) tells him it's ok, and the chances of that are unknown, but very possibly zero.

All this despite supermajorities in polls and the senate wanting a daca fix, and while I'm not sure about polls, a supermaj in the senate want to end this shutdown v, debt limit debate.

Senate to vote Monday on plan to reopen government
I plan to hold the right wing responsible since they were willing to pass tax cuts before ensuring this did not become a problem, for national security patriotism, not just right wing propaganda and rhetoric.

Last edited:
McConnell has promised Dem's a straight up and down vote on DACA separate from the budget bill so what are Dem's afraid of? My guess is Dem's know they don't have the votes or the support of the American people to pass a DACA bill on its owns, so they are holding the budget and government hostage to get it.

That's a worthless promise coming from a Republican.

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

Shall I go on?

Why would that make McConnell honest?

Or even desired?

Unless Daca is part of a bill the gop must pass, Ryan won't bring it up, unless Trump (aka Miller Sessions) tells him it's ok, and the chances of that are unknown, but very possibly zero.

All this despite supermajorities in polls and the senate wanting a daca fix, and while I'm not sure about polls, a supermaj in the senate want to end this shutdown v, debt limit debate.

Good topic I think we reached the point of no return during the Clarence Thomas hearings.

The political definition of "compromise" used to be "republicans caving into democrat demands". Since President Trump has called the democrat party's bluff this time and democrats are losing the argument it seems that the old definition of compromise doesn't apply anymore. Maybe it's the democrat's turn to compromise.

McConnell has promised Dem's a straight up and down vote on DACA separate from the budget bill so what are Dem's afraid of? My guess is Dem's know they don't have the votes or the support of the American people to pass a DACA bill on its owns, so they are holding the budget and government hostage to get it.

That's a worthless promise coming from a Republican.

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

Shall I go on?

Why would that make McConnell honest?

It doesn't. It makes the Democrats worthless.

Or even desired?

I plan to hold the right wing responsible since they were willing to pass tax cuts before ensuring this did no become a problem, for national security patriotism, not just right wing propaganda and rhetoric.
I'll wait to see what the gop House does. I get it that politically Trump has to be able to show a Wall that's being built by 2019. But the Wall wasn't an issue the first time Ryan tanked immigration reform.

What's funny is that the gop's position is to allow Apple and GE to import more foreign engineers who work cheaper than Americans.

Schumer has secured an official commitment to that out of McConnell. Good plan.

The political definition of "compromise" used to be "republicans caving into democrat demands". Since President Trump has called the democrat party's bluff this time and democrats are losing the argument it seems that the old definition of compromise doesn't apply anymore. Maybe it's the democrat's turn to compromise.
what bluff; the right wing was willing to pass tax cuts not Government spending appropriations, as a national priority in our Republic.

Or even desired?

Trump/GOP have done some very cynical political calculations regarding the Trump "support base". That 30% of far-rights and Trumpian conservatives is loyal to a fault-- if the GOP mainstream loses them, they are sunk for a decade. (If the Trump base turns on the GOP or becomes otherwise disenfranchised)

Remember-- that's 30% of 50% -- so about 15% of Americans -- a minority. The people who think building a physical wall will stop illegal immigration more than smart policy and uniform enforcement.

Trump has the GOP's tit in a wringer for sure with his loyalists. In order impeach him, they need to discredit him once and for all to his loyal followers. They are cult-like at this point and seem to forgive (or ignore) the hundreds of things that would have destroyed a normal politician a long time ago. This Teflon quality of the Donald is something they're actually proud of--they know the news isn't really fake, Donald is really a pre-demtial horrible corrupt human being, they just like seeing what he can get away with next.

It's the ultimate reality show as no producer can step in when things get out of hand...

Cynically, the dems are better off if the gop is seen as intransigent on immigration reform. So, putting the ball in Ryan and Trump's courts for an up or down vote on Daca makes sense.

Cynically, the dems are better off if the gop is seen as intransigent on immigration reform. So, putting the ball in Ryan and Trump's courts for an up or down vote on Daca makes sense.

The last two times amnesty for illegals came up many Dem's ran for the exits and wanted no part of it and the effort failed.

Round two is the Blue state default wave.

Or even desired?

Trump/GOP have done some very cynical political calculations regarding the Trump "support base". That 30% of far-rights and Trumpian conservatives is loyal to a fault-- if the GOP mainstream loses them, they are sunk for a decade. (If the Trump base turns on the GOP or becomes otherwise disenfranchised)

Remember-- that's 30% of 50% -- so about 15% of Americans -- a minority. The people who think building a physical wall will stop illegal immigration more than smart policy and uniform enforcement.

Trump has the GOP's tit in a wringer for sure with his loyalists. In order impeach him, they need to discredit him once and for all to his loyal followers. They are cult-like at this point and seem to forgive (or ignore) the hundreds of things that would have destroyed a normal politician a long time ago. This Teflon quality of the Donald is something they're actually proud of--they know the news isn't really fake, Donald is really a pre-demtial horrible corrupt human being, they just like seeing what he can get away with next.

It's the ultimate reality show as no producer can step in when things get out of hand...
I don't think the gop has any desire to impeach him. Look at the cover they give him on his Russia ties. He just signed a tax bill that gave more $ to the 1% because the gop thinks they'll raise wages. You think Trump ever played fair with workers and contractors. But his base will stay with him if a Wall is built. Even if Vlad paid for Stormy Daniels.

The Dems were in a no win situation for congressional seats in competitive districts because no one was willing to give up govt to keep Dreamers ... unless they're part of the dem base that is less than 50%

So, we'll see if the Senate passes a DACA fix, and whether Trump and Ryan will have anything to do with it, even if the dems agree to the Wall.

The last two times amnesty for illegals came up many Dem's ran for the exits and wanted no part of it and the effort failed.
What planet are you from?

In Historic Vote, Senate Passes Bipartisan Immigration Bill | TIME.com

Key provisions of the Senate bipartisan immigration bill - The Washington Post

Read it and weep lib only 33 Democrats in a Dem controlled senate voted for the amnesty Bush offered for illegals, 15 Democrats said hell no and killed the bill.

Round two is the Blue state default wave.
We'll see. Reagan went from scary old guy to beloved uncle on econ recovery. But Reagan was a good person

Read it and weep lib only 33 Democrats in a Dem controlled senate voted for the amnesty Bush offered for illegals, 15 Democrats said hell no and killed the bill.
What planet are you from? Can you count?

Only 33 Democrats, 12 Republicans and one independent voted to advance the bill, while 15 Democrats joined 37 Republicans and one independent to block it.

Senate kills Bush immigration reform bill

Compromise is irrelevant. The underlying question is......

Should America's sovereignty and safety (ie MS13) be compromised for the benefit of illegal trespassers into our nation?

CLEARLY there is only one correct, workable acceptable answer.
Any other answer is detrimental to the safety of American lives and our nations health.

MS-13 wants to send 'younger, more violent offenders' to the US, officials say
MS-13 wants to send 'younger, more violent offenders' to the US, officials say
694940094001_5513452798001_5513454701001-vs.jpg

Forum List

Back