Have we learned anything of value from the "science" of evolution?

To all those looking for more information on the Theory of Evolution, and about how concestors and etc work.

Richard Dawkins wrote an awesome book explaining as best as he can the current stipulations of Evolution of our ancestors.

Amazon.com: The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Evolution (9780618619160): Richard Dawkins: Books

It's actually sitting right next to me, lol.

Yes, and Richard Dawkins is always a laugh riot, so by all means, read it. They say laughter keeps you healthy, and all.

To all those looking for more information on the Theory of Evolution, and about how concestors and etc work.

Richard Dawkins wrote an awesome book explaining as best as he can the current stipulations of Evolution of our ancestors.

Amazon.com: The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Evolution (9780618619160): Richard Dawkins: Books

Yes, and Richard Dawkins is always a laugh riot, so by all means, read it. They say laughter keeps you healthy, and all.

Dawkins is actually an excellent biologist, and a talented writer and communicator of science, when he doesn't let his religious views get in the way too much.

Dawkins is actually an excellent biologist, and a talented writer and communicator of science, when he doesn't let his religious views get in the way too much.

I have no idea what he's like as a biologist. When he gets on the subject of evolution, though, his extreme religious hatred and bigotry turns him into a frothing lunatic, and it's hilarious.

Good to know that no matter how smart someone is, prejudice can still turn him into a fool instantly.

I have no idea what he's like as a biologist. When he gets on the subject of evolution, though, his extreme religious hatred and bigotry turns him into a frothing lunatic, and it's hilarious.

Good to know that no matter how smart someone is, prejudice can still turn him into a fool instantly.

No, actually. At worst, he's someone who's tired of a group of people saying his life's work is false and a lie, with absolutely nothing to back it up. I'm not even a biologist, or zoologist or what have you, and I'm sick of the creationists too.

No, actually. At worst, he's someone who's tired of a group of people saying his life's work is false and a lie, with absolutely nothing to back it up. I'm not even a biologist, or zoologist or what have you, and I'm sick of the creationists too.

I'm recommending Richard Dawkins books on evolution and biology because he is one of the best. His work in Evolutionary Biology fantastic, clear, and he is brilliant and relaying that information to his readers and audience.

I would also recommend the many books and essays of Stephen Jay Gould, as well as those of the grand old man of biology, Ernst Mayr.

Not that any of these people will ever bother to crack a real book concerning the subject.

Well, actually, if he's someone who can't bear to have people argue or disagree with him, perhaps science isn't the best field for him, and perhaps he should stop running around making inflammatory declarations about the falsity of people's religious beliefs. And given that his basis for doing so is essentially "Maybe space aliens were responsible; ANYTHING BUT GOD!", he's got no room to piss on about other people's "nothing to back it up". Hold your breath waiting for me to feel sorry for him getting what he asked for, rather than being able to silence all opinions but his own.

And actually, I'm no more interested in YOUR "I'm tired of people who insist on believing what I told them not to" than I am his. You can both take your megalomania and peddle it down the road. I'M tired of evolutionist shitheads who think their "vast superiority" should negate anyone else's right to speak.

Well, actually, if he's someone who can't bear to have people argue or disagree with him, perhaps science isn't the best field for him, and perhaps he should stop running around making inflammatory declarations about the falsity of people's religious beliefs. And given that his basis for doing so is essentially "Maybe space aliens were responsible; ANYTHING BUT GOD!", he's got no room to piss on about other people's "nothing to back it up". Hold your breath waiting for me to feel sorry for him getting what he asked for, rather than being able to silence all opinions but his own.

I think you need thicker skin, and an ability to accept criticism.

And actually, I'm no more interested in YOUR "I'm tired of people who insist on believing what I told them not to" than I am his. You can both take your megalomania and peddle it down the road. I'M tired of evolutionist shitheads who think their "vast superiority" should negate anyone else's right to speak.

Oh stop being a big blubbering crying pussy it. Sorry to break it to you, but news flash! Your ignorance in biology is not good or equivalent to someone else's expertise. Creationism is a load of bullshit, and it has no actual scientific validity and is not on the same level of evolution or any other scientific theory. If you were paying attention at all in between all your self-victimization, you'd realized the issue at hand is non-science (creationism) demanding to be passed off as science, which is what grinds the gears of Dawkins and people such as myself.

There is no 'right to speak.' Dawkins or anyone else scientifically literate has no reason to listen or even consider crackpot creationist theories. They have listened to them, in fact. And they have responded appropriately by debunking them and subjecting them to ridicule.

By the way, for someone who's never read his biology books, or books centered on evolution, you seem to make a lot of assumptions on why he's for evolution.

Forum List

Back