Have Republicans forgotten how to negotiate?

It is starting to seem like complete BS! Neither are doing compromising. The pubs seem to wanna deal but with spending cuts. Hell no! Well maybe military. Seems liek the dems are setting themselves up for 2014 for complete control. And the dumbass sheeple will follow because they are too dependent to figure shit out on their own. Its just easier to listen to the Prez! HAHA hows that unemployment rate sheep? How is that deficit sheep? How is that job out of college sheep?

We don't need jobs anymore. This is the land of the free...shit. Oh, and

"Deficits don't matter." Cheney.

The fiscal cliff: Have Republican forgotten how to negotiate? - The Week

We became so accustomed to Obama's earlier habit of making preemptive concessions that the very idea he'd negotiate in a perfectly normal way amazed much of Washington," says E.J. Dionne in The Washington Post. As they have for the past four years, Republicans "seem to hope a deal will be born by way of immaculate conception, with Obama taking ownership of all the hard stuff while they innocently look on." But after the election, it's a different card game now, and Obama is holding a much better hand. In other words, says Paul Krugman at The New York Times, "Obama has demanded that the GOP put up or shut up — and the response is an aggrieved mumble."

negotiate?

Isn't it you pukes that believe since you have a "landslide victory" and a "mandate" that you should not need to negotiate?

That is true and that is what the problem is. The Dems won't negotiate yet are crying that the republican's wont negotiate either.

Reps "We will do revenue increases with spending cuts"
Dems "WE will do revenue increases and promise to but not guarnatee spending cuts"
Reps "We wont do anything on revenue without spending cuts guaranteed"
Dems "Reps wont negotiate"

its so transparant to those not using blue or red eyeware to look at it.

The fiscal cliff: Have Republican forgotten how to negotiate? - The Week

We became so accustomed to Obama's earlier habit of making preemptive concessions that the very idea he'd negotiate in a perfectly normal way amazed much of Washington," says E.J. Dionne in The Washington Post. As they have for the past four years, Republicans "seem to hope a deal will be born by way of immaculate conception, with Obama taking ownership of all the hard stuff while they innocently look on." But after the election, it's a different card game now, and Obama is holding a much better hand. In other words, says Paul Krugman at The New York Times, "Obama has demanded that the GOP put up or shut up — and the response is an aggrieved mumble."

negotiate?

Isn't it you pukes that believe since you have a "landslide victory" and a "mandate" that you should not need to negotiate?

That is true and that is what the problem is. The Dems won't negotiate yet are crying that the republican's wont negotiate either.

Reps "We will do revenue increases with spending cuts"
Dems "WE will do revenue increases and promise to but not guarnatee spending cuts"
Reps "We wont do anything on revenue without spending cuts guaranteed"
Dems "Reps wont negotiate"

its so transparant to those not using blue or red eyeware to look at it.

Meanwhile, the evil fiscal cliff offers, you guessed it! Tax increases and spending cuts.
But if we don't deal with this deficit and fiscal crisis, the world is going to go right into the shitter. And if we deal with this deficit/fiscal crisis, the world is going right into the shitter.

Amazing that so many are caught in these politicians public trolling fest.

You'll get your tax increases on the other side of the fiscal cliff. I dont see these turds getting anything done with less than a month to go. Good thing too. Actual cuts. That will be a first in decades. Some poor chaps putting ass groves in a public office chair will have to go find a place in the private sector to make their ass groves in the seat. Tough shit.

You'll get your tax increases on the other side of the fiscal cliff. I dont see these turds getting anything done with less than a month to go. Good thing too. Actual cuts. That will be a first in decades. Some poor chaps putting ass groves in a public office chair will have to go find a place in the private sector to make their ass groves in the seat. Tough shit.

As a person who thought we should have ripped off the band aid in 2008 and let things fall where they would WITHOUT govt welfare to bail them out I'm not objecting to this opinion.

The cons will come around. Obama is not giving in again.

there is another similar thread

The GOP should give Obama everything he wants and let the chips fall where they may

If they want to, I imagine they could

Or else they can work out a better deal now then they will get after January 1

I think the Reps waiting until January 1st would be a better deal than anything the dems have agreed to so far...at least they will get some real and guaranteed spending cuts this way.

Damn...Boehner is a bigger pussy than I realize

HE is the leader of the House, HE is the minority party

Let him come up with some solid offers and start negotiating. I thought he had dumped the TeaTards?

The Spending Reduction Act | Republican Study Committee (RSC)

A 2 year old bill that fell flat on its face?

Now I am the one laughing

The Repubs have been offering different ideas for at least the last two years. True or not true? Answer honestly, not how the admin or the media tells you to. Fell flat......or rejected out of hand by obstructionist Harry Reid who refuses to a budget passed in 4 years?

Will you be laughing when the President of the United States drives the train over the fiscal cliff because he has his nose in the air and demands people kiss his ring? He blamed Bush for the last 4 years. He owns this puppy now. He needs to sit down and talk or the legacy of his next 4 years will look worse than the last 4.

Obama's a liar and a clown. Tell him so send a grown up to negotiate

He doubled his ask on taxes and proposes spending increases.

Tell Obozo to fluke off!

Like all Progressive Leaders (Hitler, Mao, Stalin) Obama needs a scapegoat and he's going to use Republicans as such

How much good faith/goodwill negotiation can take place when it starts with, "Elections have consequences and I won?"

To obama, there is no such thing as negotiation. There is accepting whatever he says, like any dictator. Republicans would do well to walk away and let him do whatever he wants. Prepare for the coming collapse.

Great advice!!! That is exactly why the Republicans got their asses handed to them in the election. They want their own way like a bunch of spoiled brats. I would say they have learned nothing from the ass handing.

To obama, there is no such thing as negotiation. There is accepting whatever he says, like any dictator. Republicans would do well to walk away and let him do whatever he wants. Prepare for the coming collapse.

Great advice!!! That is exactly why the Republicans got their asses handed to them in the election. They want their own way like a bunch of spoiled brats. I would say they have learned nothing from the ass handing.

Obama's a liar.

He campaigned on $800B in new taxes and some spending cuts, his opening "offer" was $1.6T in new taxes and a spending increase.

Obama's a liar

Everyone who gets held up in an alley is a spoiled brat. How dare they want to keep what they have! It's unamerican.

Republicans would do themselves well to just walk out. Don't agree. Agreement would let obama say that it must have been a good idea, republicans agreed, his failed policies had bi-partisan support. obama should not be permitted to spread the blame around. Republicans lost the presidential election because the nation has tipped into being more leeches than leech hosts. Still, at least 48% of the population opposes obama. More if you count those who voted for someone other than Romney and those who didn't vote at all. obama needs to own what he's doing.

Forum List

Back