Sequestration — a threat less than a month away

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
It's getting scary for the republican congressmen, it's all on them and they were totally unprepared for Obama to win, how is such incredible hubris even possible? They have democrats demanding they deal on one side and the fringe crowd demanding they somehow find something to hold hostage on the other. Boehner must be getting bourbon and cigarettes delivered by the case right now and pacing a hole in the carpet.

It's getting scary for the republican congressmen, it's all on them and they were totally unprepared for Obama to win, how is such incredible hubris even possible? They have democrats demanding they deal on one side and the fringe crowd demanding they somehow find something to hold hostage on the other. Boehner must be getting bourbon and cigarettes delivered by the case right now and pacing a hole in the carpet.

And doing a lot of this....

images

I say bring it on, it's a win win, the commiecrats get their tax increases and the republicans get their spending cuts. They negoiated it, let them live with it. Maybe they'll think twice about kicking the can down the road.

I say bring it on, it's a win win, the commiecrats get their tax increases and the republicans get their spending cuts. They negoiated it, let them live with it. Maybe they'll think twice about kicking the can down the road.

I agree. It is the only way to make everyone feel some pain.

Still, even for me, it is sad to see the republicans trip over their own feet and fail their voters so completely.

Still, even for me, it is sad to see the republicans trip over their own feet and fail their voters so completely.

I don't think there is a soul out there who doesn't thnk we need to cut spending. The problem always becomes "where". At least with sequestration, there are no sacred cows so to speak, and therefore I say we do it and see what happens.

Last edited:

You are misunderstanding. Republican's aren't failing republican voters. They are failing democrat voters. Republicans don't want republican representatives to agree, they want republican representatives to do everything they can to obstruct.

Elections have consequences. obama was reelected. So was John Boehner and every other republican congressman. They weren't elected to agree with democrats.

You are misunderstanding. Republican's aren't failing republican voters. They are failing democrat voters. Republicans don't want republican representatives to agree, they want republican representatives to do everything they can to obstruct.

Elections have consequences. obama was reelected. So was John Boehner and every other republican congressman. They weren't elected to agree with democrats.

We only have this fiscal cliff nonsense because of that attitude and the consequences will be an electoral bloodbath for republicans in 2014. Lashing themselves to the mast of a sinking ship is pretty stupid.

This issue has the possibility of producing the final nail in the coffin of the GOP. The divide is growing within the party and the GOP leadership is first and foremost concerned with the cost to themselves personally if they pick the wrong side. Party before country before the election, now it's all about "how does this effect me"; a question always the first on the mind of those in power who do not deserve power. It is the sign of someone who is not a leader.

Boehner should and must do the right thing for the country. Doing so puts him squarely against the Tea Party coalition and Grover Norquist, Rush Limbaugh and other ideologues on the far right. Not doing so puts him in the cross hairs of the middle class and most moderate Americans.

Boehner will face an even greater challenge when minority leader Pelosi uses the Discharge Petition forcing Boehner's hand and, if he will not act, putting his career in great jeopardy.

We only have this fiscal cliff nonsense because of that attitude and the consequences will be an electoral bloodbath for republicans in 2014. Lashing themselves to the mast of a sinking ship is pretty stupid.

Unless they show some gonads and tell Obama to go fuck himself.

We can only hope.

Been doing that all along by refusing to deal in good faith on an issue they manufactured instead thinking, for some reason, that America liked what they were doing and would reward them with more seats and the presidency this year, not going to work anymore. They bet all their sacred cows on winning and instead lost big, want to explain how more of the same is a winning strategy either electorally or policy-wise.

Oh spare us! Obama failed us ALL and idiots like you give him a virtual cyber blow job everyday.

Oh spare us! Obama failed us ALL and idiots like you give him a virtual cyber blow job everyday.

This issue is about more than just Obama, you should be familiar enough with the background already to know that every bit of this a result of an overreaching overconfident congress back in 2011 thinking they could start the nastiest budget battle ever and not have to compromise on a single thing.

Maobama campaigned on a blalanced approach, he asked to 85 billion in revenue to be balanced with spending cuts. Now he wants 160 billion in revenue and increased spending and you folks have the nerve to bring up good faith, REALLY?

Maobama campaigned on a blalanced approach, he asked to 85 billion in revenue to be balanced with spending cuts. Now he wants 160 billion in revenue and increased spending and you folks have the nerve to bring up good faith, REALLY?

I think you are unfamiliar with the art of the deal, you do not start with what you would settle for, you start with what would be a total loss for the opposition and compromise towards where you would settle. Any real estate agent or car dealer is familiar with this tactic.

This issue is about more than just Obama, you should be familiar enough with the background already to know that every bit of this a result of an overreaching overconfident congress back in 2011 thinking they could start the nastiest budget battle ever and not have to compromise on a single thing.

Are you kidding me? Did you see Geithner's offer? You're right. It's about a whole administration gone astray and one Pretender-in-Chief paying little to no attention at all.

I think you are unfamiliar with the art of the deal, you do not start with what you would settle for, you start with what would be a total loss for the opposition and compromise towards where you would settle. Any real estate agent or car dealer is familiar with this tactic.

So you advocate being a dishonest prick just like car dealers and real estate agents. :clap2:

Forum List

Back