Hate it, dontcha, Libs

NPR....National Propaganda Radio for the left paid for by your tax dollars and donations by mindless liberal twats. I protest it by listening to it for free :fu:

Look out everybody we have a real rebel on our hands!

NPR....National Propaganda Radio for the left paid for by your tax dollars and donations by mindless liberal twats. I protest it by listening to it for free :fu:

no sense of humor? ahh a liberal twat, figures.

First of all I'm not a liberal.

Second of all you shouldn't be so quick to paint people with a broad brush strokes. It means you're assuming (we both know what that makes you. Your knee jerk reaction is sad-grow thick skin.

Third of all I was obviously joking--get over it.

Look out everybody we have a real twit on our hands!

With 34 posts. Gonna be a rocky road there, noob.

How old are you? You don't know the difference between "noob" and "newb"? Internet lingo 101, you should sign up for it.

So this is just an exorcize I guess on whether or not people think as based upon what has already happened in which they do know about, as to whether or not that what comes next could very well be what the question in the OP is asking people to ponder or to think about in light of what has happened in the other situations that have come to pass already.

Conservatives: The mainstream media is run my liberals! Fox News has better ratings than CNN and MSNBC!

Think about that logic for a second.
FOX is not main stream media.

How could the #1 watched national news channel NOT be considered "mainstream"?

How old are you? You don't know the difference between "noob" and "newb"? Internet lingo 101, you should sign up for it.
How old am I????? How long have you been here? That attitude of yours ain't gonna help you make friends here, little one.

How old am I????? How long have you been here? That attitude of yours ain't gonna help you make friends here, little one.

You come to USMB to make friends? Personally I don't, and I couldn't care less if I do or not. Get thick skin and get over it.

PS: I'm still interested in you explaining how Fox News isn't "mainstream".

So this is just an exorcize I guess on whether or not people think as based upon what has already happened in which they do know about, as to whether or not that what comes next could very well be what the question in the OP is asking people to ponder or to think about in light of what has happened in the other situations that have come to pass already.

Conservatives: The mainstream media is run my liberals! Fox News has better ratings than CNN and MSNBC!

It is the Conservative's alternative to MSM. The fact that it is more popular than any other cable news source says much about it's competition.
Oh and MSM is generally considered to be broadcast television news like NBC, CBS and ABC.

You come to USMB to make friends? Personally I don't, and I couldn't care less if I do or not. Get thick skin and get over it.

PS: I'm still interested in you explaining how Fox News isn't "mainstream".
I have explained...

My skin is thick as hell. If you knew anything about me, you'd know that. Frankly, I don't care why you came here. So far, I'd prefer it if you hadn't.
I didn't come here to make friends either, but in spite of myself, I have. Some of them showed me the ropes as it were, when I started out all full of piss and vinegar. Some were brutal, some were kind.
About half hold vastly different views, but have become friends.

It is the Conservative's alternative to MSM. The fact that it is more popular than any other cable news source says much about it's competition.
Oh and MSM is generally considered to be broadcast television news like NBC, CBS and ABC.

Who says that that's what the MSM is? Do you have any source?

We should define the word "mainstream" though.

Oxford defines it as:

"The ideas, attitudes, or activities that are regarded as normal or conventional; the dominant trend in opinion, fashion, or the arts"

So if Fox News has the highest ratings among their competition (CNN, MSNBC) then how are they not the "dominant trend in opinion"?

Source:

mainstream definition of mainstream in Oxford dictionary American English US

Oxford defines it as:

"The ideas, attitudes, or activities that are regarded as normal or conventional; the dominant trend in opinion, fashion, or the arts"

So if Fox News has the highest ratings among their competition (CNN, MSNBC) then how are they not the "dominant trend in opinion"?

Source:

Accepted definition of Main Stream Media be damned, huh? At least you will be fun.

Oxford defines it as:

Source:

Accepted definition of Main Stream Media be damned, huh? At least you will be fun.

Looking at the definition of the word "mainstream"...explain to me how Fox News is NOT mainstream.

It's a straightforward concept.

If I hate anything, it isn't Fox News or MSNBC or any other news outlet -- it's all the children who make politics into nothing more than a game of cowboys and indians by all this "liberals" vs. "Conservatives crap.

Oxford defines it as:

Source:

Looking at the definition of the word "mainstream"...explain to me how Fox News is NOT mainstream.

Agreed. EXCEPT when you are talking specific cases. The term Main Stream Media has, for years, been used to describe broadcast network news outlets.

Cable news does not fit the definition.

Oxford defines it as:

Source:

Agreed. EXCEPT when you are talking specific cases. The term Main Stream Media has, for years, been used to describe broadcast network news outlets.

Cable news does not fit the definition.

Of course it does. Cable is pretty much ubiquitous. "Mainstream media" is synonymous with "mass media", i.e. "common to the masses". There's nothing about the concept of either synonym that requires electromagnetic radiation. If there were, newspapers and magazines couldn't be part of it.

How does Fox maintain editorial animosity toward immigrants without alienating the important voter group?

Fox News Latino Shameless - Salon.com

June 15, 2012: In response to President Obama’s announcement of a policy shift wherein certain young immigrants would be granted work permits rather than be deported, the Fox News Latino website posted a story headlined,“Obama Administration Halts Deportations for Young Immigrants.” That’s a factually accurate description that treats the news in a neutral manner. The headline was accompanied by a sympathetic photo of a young Latina child draped with an American flag.

However, on Fox Nation they went with the headline “Obama Administration Bypasses Congress to Give Immunity, Stop Deporting Younger Illegals.” In that short sentence they managed to imply impropriety on the part of the administration, suggest the controversial subject of amnesty, and insult Latinos by employing the dehumanizing label of “illegals” (even though the people affected by this initiative did not break any law). The photo accompanying this article was of adult Latinos sitting up against a wall in handcuffs.

They are illegals. If you swam the river to get here you are an illegal alien. You are a criminal, you have broken the law and should be arrested and tried in criminal court.

I think its hilarious nobody has pointed out that only FNC has a "latino" channel. Where is MSNBC's latino channel? CBS? CNN?

CNN Latino Shuts Down Operations

I wonder how DIFFERENT the editorial slant and content is on the different channels :rofl:

Forum List

Back