why did fox news yank itself from dish network?

"In a video statement posted on dishstandsforyou.com, Dish Network co-founder and chairman Charlie Ergen said that FNC and FBN were being “held hostage” in an effort to increase fees for other channels."

Dish Just Replaced Fox News With This Channel

Dish's site says:
While we got close to having a new agreement to carry FOX News, negotiations stalled and our contract expired on December 20th. Fox removed Fox News and Fox Business, using these channels as leverage to increase the rates we pay for other Fox channels that are not included in this contract. DISH offered to extend the contract while we completed a new deal, but FOX refused. Although Fox is trying to shift the blame to DISH, we cannot carry FOX News without their permission. When FOX refused to extend the contract, our only option was to stop carrying FOX News. If FOX had accepted our offer to extend, you would still have access to FOX News.

But for anyone looking for a right-wing echo chamber, it has been replaced by the Blaze.

Well then, I'm glad Dish stood up to them.

AMC tried to pull the same BS back in 2012, and I missed that entire season of Breaking Bad because of it.

It came back.

Fox News eventually will, too.

Up theirs.

Two parties can't agree to a contract. Why does someone have to be at fault?

If you want to watch Fox News, just go with another cable/dish carrier. Honestly at this day and age all TV should be over internet anyway.

"I'm glad Dish stood up to them" - :doubt:
Really? Why is the good guy here Dish? Why do you assume that?
Perhaps Fox refused to give in to lower payments...perhaps other things we don't know.
Because two companies fail to come to an agreement does not mean one is the good guy and the other therefore the bad guy,
It just means they both failed to agree.

"I'm glad Dish stood up to them" - :doubt:
Really? Why is the good guy here Dish? Why do you assume that?
Perhaps Fox refused to give in to lower payments...perhaps other things we don't know.
Because two companies fail to come to an agreement does not mean one is the good guy and the other therefore the bad guy,
It just means they both failed to agree.

Libs have to use any excuse to attack the only non-Obama network.

this has happened with other stations. Isn't it up to the Stations where they want to do business with?

Forum List

Back