Hate crime?

Thanks for the neg rep del--it reads like this: "dolt, feel free to quote me."

Poor del.

Last edited:
What good does this category of crime do? Anyone feel safer from crime? Is society better off? How so? It's a fair assumption that this law doesn't apply across the board to everyone. Meant to placate minority activists and garner votes in those communities. It doesn't stop racial animosity, it leaves out non-minority victims of heinous crimes because they aren't a minority. But other than that, it's a great idea. Hate crimes are a superfluous category that won't change anything.

What good does this category of crime do? Anyone feel safer from crime? Is society better off? How so? It's a fair assumption that this law doesn't apply across the board to everyone. Meant to placate minority activists and garner votes in those communities. It doesn't stop racial animosity, it leaves out non-minority victims of heinous crimes because they aren't a minority. But other than that, it's a great idea. Hate crimes are a superfluous category that won't change anything.

What good does hate crime law and the Matthew Shepard Act do? It provides federal funding to local prosecutors for one thing.

Read back and consider the string of hate motivated arsons in Sacremento. The entire community of Sacramento was affected. The targets were the NAACP, a Jewish synagogue, an Asian American organization, the home of an asian american activist.

The reason hate crime is in a special category is because it it crime of intimidation that sends a message to the minority community that 'your kind are not welcome'. Regardless of whether a crime is prosecuted as a hate crime, all citizens should speak out in support of victims and against crimes of bias and intimidation.

Last edited:
You support hate crime, del?

I remember your pms.

del got pms? They make pills for that. I used to give them to my boss' son when he had a headache, worked like a charm, and his wife laughed like hell. :eusa_whistle:

Yes

Del has PMS. It shows up in his private messages.

You notice he doesn't debate. Just does drive by one liners.

Then we have catz pretending to be a LE expert but can't say what her job is, lol. Maybe it's 'secret agent'.

Prolly makes coffee and picks up the dry-cleaning for the peeps who wear suits. :eusa_whistle:

del got pms? They make pills for that. I used to give them to my boss' son when he had a headache, worked like a charm, and his wife laughed like hell. :eusa_whistle:

Yes

Del has PMS. It shows up in his private messages.

You notice he doesn't debate. Just does drive by one liners.

Then we have catz pretending to be a LE expert but can't say what her job is, lol. Maybe it's 'secret agent'.

Prolly makes coffee and picks up the dry-cleaning for the peeps who wear suits. :eusa_whistle:

I really don't care what catz job is. I think it's funny that she claims to be an expert and refuses to state what her job classification is.

She uses the logical fallacy appeal to authority--with herself as the authority.

An Appeal to Authority is a fallacy with the following form:

Person A is (claimed to be) an authority on subject S.
Person A makes claim C about subject S.
Therefore, C is true.

I really don't care what catz job is. I think it's funny that she claims to be an expert and refuses to state what her job classification is.

She uses the logical fallacy appeal to authority--with herself as the authority.

An Appeal to Authority is a fallacy with the following form:

Person A is (claimed to be) an authority on subject S.
Person A makes claim C about subject S.
Therefore, C is true.

Actually, on this thread, I've relied primarily on evidence...YOURS.

:lol:

From the recent posts on here lately, I will change to support hate crime legislation as it seems people are still ignorant enough to debate from their myths instead of logic.

Why we need hate crime legislation:

"The reporting system for hate crimes is inadequate. Hate crimes are underreported. The DOJ study, which surveyed 2,657 law-enforcement agencies, reported a "major information gap" in the data: It estimated that some 37 percent of the agencies that did not submit reports nevertheless had at least one hate crime. Worse yet, roughly 31 percent of the agencies that reported zero hate crimes did, in fact, have at least one; about 6,000 law-enforcement agencies (or one-third of the total of participants) likely dealt with at least one unreported bias crime. All told, the Southern Poverty Law Center estimates that the total number of hate crimes committed annually in America is closer to 50,000 than the 8,000 found in statistics.

... The underreportage problem becomes acute with people who have reasons not to go to police, including gay men. This occurs on a massive scale in Latino and other immigrant communities, where even legal immigrants are reluctant to contact police out of fear of being deported.

Of all the factors that cause law-enforcement officers to fail to identify and investigate bias crimes, the most significant, the DOJ study's authors found, was the gap between the victims and the police. The less trust that exists between minorities and their local law enforcement, the greater the likelihood that hate crimes will go unresolved.

... Other studies have likewise observed that the most common cause of this cascade of crime is the failure of police to proactively bridge the gap between themselves and the victims. The JRSA's Joan Weiss, in earlier research, found that the reluctance of victims to report crimes was significantly higher for hate crimes than for other crimes. The DOJ study reiterates this point: "For a multitude of reasons, hate crime victims are a population that is leery of reporting crimes -- bias or otherwise -- to law enforcement agencies."

Most hate-crime victims are minorities in the communities where the crimes occur. In many cases, they have poor English skills and have difficulty asking for assistance; in others, they may simply be unaware that what has happened to them is a serious crime. This is particularly true for immigrants, who may be reluctant to even contact police because of their experience with law enforcement in their homelands, where corruption and indifference to such crimes are not uncommon.

Likewise, hate-crime victims may be confused about or unaware of the bias motivation involved, interpreting a threat or assault as a random act when other evidence suggests it was not.

At other times, they may be reluctant to tell police about the bias aspects of the acts against them, fearing the police won't believe them or that they simply won't do anything about it anyway. And in the case of gays and lesbians, many are reluctant to report the crimes out of fear they will be forced to reveal their own identities as homosexuals; many more fear (sometimes with good reason) that they will wind up being humiliated and victimized further by police.

Likewise, many minorities in certain communities -- blacks in the South or Hispanics in the Southwest, for example -- have long histories of built-up distrust of law enforcement in their communities, and may simply refuse to participate in an investigation without proactive efforts on the part of police to bridge that gap. Indeed, this level of involvement was almost unanimously the chief factor reported by advocacy groups when queried by the authors of the DOJ study about what most affected hate-crime victims' decision to call or cooperate with police."

Why we need a federal hate-crime law: Exhibit A in rural Pennsylvania | Crooks and Liars

And what makes you think the prosecutor knew all the facts?

That's not even a rational response. How are you liking your spanking, Niki?

Haha, yeah. I'm getting a spanking from an overly emotional moron who doesn't seem to get why we should look at things from a rational objective perspective.

Not a rational response? Way to ignore the question. But then, this seems to be a pattern with you.

You people are idiots. You cannot solve inequality by creating new inequalities in the law.

We needed civil rights legislation. Inequality was not going away on its own. Study history. We would not have a black President of the United States today without civil rights legislation.

We would still have slavery if it hadn't been outlawed.

Last edited:
You people are idiots. You cannot solve inequality by creating new inequalities in the law.

We needed civil rights legislation.

img.php

I am amazed by the stupidity of your response

You are right it is not racial hatred. It is a combination of white supremacy and western imperialism.

I am amazed by the displays of ignorance and stupidity We see in so many posts, in so many threads, as of late

You should be used to yourself by now, I would think.

As for the inequality post...

Things can be unequal in the longer span of time as well as the shorter span. When there are systemic inequalities one way, sometimes you need to be unequal to equalize the long term.

You are right it is not racial hatred. It is a combination of white supremacy and western imperialism.

I am amazed by the displays of ignorance and stupidity We see in so many posts, in so many threads, as of late

Things can be unequal in the longer span of time as well as the shorter span. When there are systemic inequalities one way, sometimes you need to be unequal to equalize the long term.

you typed that with a straight face, i bet.

tff

tff

Ooooh, my bad Del. If I knew you were reading this, I'd have used smaller words for you. Did you understand it alright, lil buddy?

tff

Ooooh, my bad Del. If I knew you were reading this, I'd have used smaller words for you. Did you understand it alright, lil buddy?

tissue?

Forum List

Back