NILC, I found it interesting

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
Guide to Immigrant Eligibility for Federal Programs

National Immigrantion Law Center

How to get foodstamps.
California Immigrant Welfare Collaborative

I am undocumented. Will I be reported to the immigration authorities if I apply for
food stamps for my children?
The food stamps office only has to report you to the immigration authorities if it has proof (such as a final order of deportation) that you are in the country unlawfully. You should not tell anyone that you or someone in your family is undocumented. If you are not seeking food stamps for yourself, you do not need to give information about your immigration status, and should not present a false or invalid Social Security Number. But you will need to give information about your earnings or any property you may have, like a car. You should tell your food stamp worker that you are not trying to get benefits for yourself, and that you are not a “qualified” or “eligible” immigrant. “Not qualified” or “not eligible” is not the same as undocumented.
Remember, it is illegal for the government to treat you differently just because of the way you look or because you are from a particular country. Your caseworkers are not supposed to ask you any further questions about your immigration status once you tell them that you are not applying for food stamps for yourself. If you have questions, call one of the numbers below to find out how to get help.

Forum List

Back