Hate Crime

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Againsheila, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    Local News | 2 charged with hate crime in assault on teen; 1 arrested | Seattle Times Newspaper

While returning to the precinct a short time later, Blake saw two men, described as a black man and a Filipino man, who appeared to be trying to conceal an open can, according to police. When he stopped to talk to the two men, he noted they had dried blood on their hands and were drinking the same brand of energy beer and smoking the same brand of cigarettes he'd found earlier.

After Blake talked with his supervisor, it was decided that he should get good contact information on the two but not take them into custody. But before releasing the two men, Blake used cotton swabs to capture DNA from the blood on their hands, charging paperwork said.

<<<<<
    If this had been two white men attacking a black man or a Filipino, you can bet they would have been arrested at first site...now one if them is on the run.

2. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    Shows how stupid the Seattle police are.

3. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    The victim, Shane McClellan, said he was walking home around 2 a.m. when two men, whom he described as black and Filipino, asked him for a light.

He said the two men then robbed him and beat him for four hours, whipping him with his own belt while saying things like, "How do you like it, white boy?" and "This is for enslaving our people," according to the police report.

McClellan, who is white, said the two men also poured Four Loko energy beer on him, burned him with a cigarette and urinated on him, police said.

Police Officer Ryan Blake, who took the report, went to the scene of the beating near Southwest Holden Street and 14th Avenue Southwest, police said. There, he found blood, discarded Four Loko cans and fresh cigarette butts, which he took into evidence.

I sure hope daveman has his dancing Hitlers ready for anyone who complains about this incident.

4. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    I don't believe in hate crimes. I just believe in crimes.

5. R.C. Christian

R.C. Christian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,195
    Taking the DNA constituted a search. I can't believe the perps were stupid enough to allow that. Oh wait, yes maybe I can.