Hate Between Conservatives & Liberals

There are those who gain tons of money from dividing the American people.

Some unwittingly fall for everything these people promote

Passion is not 'hate' either. You can't 'read their posts and gather' jack shit. I argue politics with lots of liberals.... and I get on great with them.

Recently quoted From Dr. Grump

"this is why conservative america is the laughing stock of not only the rest of america, but the rest of the world..

no, seriously, you are.

You are that out of touch with normal folk..

carry on

MORONS..."

This is just one I saw this morning on a thread about a frickin tv show....there's lots more from others...hardly sounds like "passionate"

Great example. I call Grumps an idiot often. And he calls me an idiot too. But I like him. And... I figure he kinda likes me too.

I have some good 'friends' on here who are liberals. I'm a solid conservative. I don't 'hate' them for their political views.... I don't think they 'hate' me for mine.

I'm not specifically targeting and accusing you of hating people. I said there are alot of people that do...This isn't just specific to this messagboard. You can't deny that there are alot of conservatives that hate democrats and vice versa...and there are also alot of labeling. On this board, if you disagree with someone whose liberal, you must be a republican....:cuckoo:

"this is why conservative america is the laughing stock of not only the rest of america, but the rest of the world..

no, seriously, you are.

carry on

MORONS..."

This is just one I saw this morning on a thread about a frickin tv show....there's lots more from others...hardly sounds like "passionate"

Great example. I call Grumps an idiot often. And he calls me an idiot too. But I like him. And... I figure he kinda likes me too.

I have some good 'friends' on here who are liberals. I'm a solid conservative. I don't 'hate' them for their political views.... I don't think they 'hate' me for mine.

I'm not specifically targeting and accusing you of hating people. I said there are alot of people that do...This isn't just specific to this messagboard. You can't deny that there are alot of conservatives that hate democrats and vice versa...and there are also alot of labeling. On this board, if you disagree with someone whose liberal, you must be a republican....:cuckoo:

That's true. I've had one Republican tell me he'd like to 'run me and my ilk (I hadn't realized I had an 'ilk') out of HIS Republican party'.... Only problem... I'm not a Republican... it's quite hard to run someone out of a party they don't belong to. :lol:

I don't take the label thing seriously. I dislike stupid people.

Why is their so much hate between conservatives and liberals?

Petulant children squabbling about things they don't really understand.

Most people become partisans because they're too fearful to become anything other than team players.

Some unwittingly fall for everything these people promote

^^^^^ She 'hates' Republicans. She said so.

As usual you will refuse to back your claim with said post.

Dont you ever get tired of believing things that you have to lie to rationalize in your brain?

Are you saying that you have never said on this board that you hate republicans? Honestly? Think about it, truth. And be honest.

My question is:

Aside from the jackass idea that all conseratives are republicans and all liberals are democrats, why is there so much hate between the two on these threads?
I see numerous posts where people are attacking people simply by the assumption that they are conservative or liberals...(myself included.) I am guilty of similar accusations, however, I try not to attack someone strictly because they are either one. Sometimes a poster may make a retarded post, and then someone will post something about them just being a "stupid liberal", or a "consevative wingnut."

I understand that these two ideas (cons. and lib.) are conflicting by nature, however, why can we not just just accept that the two things are not only a cultural difference, but a personal preference...a right given to all of us by our constitution. I see too much in this country where one side wants to strip the other side of all their rights. I have no problem with debating issues rationally, but there's also this little thing called "classical conditioning." Most of us grew up believing certain things, and most of us still believe what we've believed for a long time. There are exceptions and small things that may change, but most of us believe what we belive not only because it may be the law, or true, but also because it's our personal preference. It's what makes us feel more comfortable. I meet people all the time who have different views, but we cant talk abou them rationally without hating each other.

Maybe I'm just venting here, but it seems like you can hardly post anything on these threads without having someone call you a conservative wingnut or a liberal wingnut. The generalizations are not only ignorant, but immature. I'm not intending this post to be an olive branch, but rather a discussion about WHY there is so much hate between the two views. Anyway, this will probably be a bust thread, but I thought it would be nice to get everyone's thoughts on this.

Brian, this is the best explanation I have found. Once you know this, the a rest makes perfect sense.

Q: What is conservatism?
A: Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy.

Q: What is wrong with conservatism?
A: Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world.

These ideas are not new. Indeed they were common sense until recently. Nowadays, though, most of the people who call themselves "conservatives" have little notion of what conservatism even is. They have been deceived by one of the great public relations campaigns of human history. Only by analyzing this deception will it become possible to revive democracy in the United States.

The Main Arguments of Conservatism

From the pharaohs of ancient Egypt to the self-regarding thugs of ancient Rome to the glorified warlords of medieval and absolutist Europe, in nearly every urbanized society throughout human history, there have been people who have tried to constitute themselves as an aristocracy. These people and their allies are the conservatives.

The tactics of conservatism vary widely by place and time. But the most central feature of conservatism is deference: a psychologically internalized attitude on the part of the common people that the aristocracy are better people than they are. Modern-day liberals often theorize that conservatives use "social issues" as a way to mask economic objectives, but this is almost backward: the true goal of conservatism is to establish an aristocracy, which is a social and psychological condition of inequality. Economic inequality and regressive taxation, while certainly welcomed by the aristocracy, are best understood as a means to their actual goal, which is simply to be aristocrats. More generally, it is crucial to conservatism that the people must literally love the order that dominates them. Of course this notion sounds bizarre to modern ears, but it is perfectly overt in the writings of leading conservative theorists such as Burke. Democracy, for them, is not about the mechanisms of voting and office-holding. In fact conservatives hold a wide variety of opinions about such secondary formal matters. For conservatives, rather, democracy is a psychological condition. People who believe that the aristocracy rightfully dominates society because of its intrinsic superiority are conservatives; democrats, by contrast, believe that they are of equal social worth. Conservatism is the antithesis of democracy. This has been true for thousands of years.

"We're going to crush labor as a political entity"
Grover Norquist - Republican economic guru and co-author of the GOP's 'Contract with America'

My question is:

Aside from the jackass idea that all conseratives are republicans and all liberals are democrats, why is there so much hate between the two on these threads?
I see numerous posts where people are attacking people simply by the assumption that they are conservative or liberals...(myself included.) I am guilty of similar accusations, however, I try not to attack someone strictly because they are either one. Sometimes a poster may make a retarded post, and then someone will post something about them just being a "stupid liberal", or a "consevative wingnut."

I understand that these two ideas (cons. and lib.) are conflicting by nature, however, why can we not just just accept that the two things are not only a cultural difference, but a personal preference...a right given to all of us by our constitution. I see too much in this country where one side wants to strip the other side of all their rights. I have no problem with debating issues rationally, but there's also this little thing called "classical conditioning." Most of us grew up believing certain things, and most of us still believe what we've believed for a long time. There are exceptions and small things that may change, but most of us believe what we belive not only because it may be the law, or true, but also because it's our personal preference. It's what makes us feel more comfortable. I meet people all the time who have different views, but we cant talk abou them rationally without hating each other.

Maybe I'm just venting here, but it seems like you can hardly post anything on these threads without having someone call you a conservative wingnut or a liberal wingnut. The generalizations are not only ignorant, but immature. I'm not intending this post to be an olive branch, but rather a discussion about WHY there is so much hate between the two views. Anyway, this will probably be a bust thread, but I thought it would be nice to get everyone's thoughts on this.

Brian, this is the best explanation I have found. Once you know this, the a rest makes perfect sense.

A: Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world.

These ideas are not new. Indeed they were common sense until recently. Nowadays, though, most of the people who call themselves "conservatives" have little notion of what conservatism even is. They have been deceived by one of the great public relations campaigns of human history. Only by analyzing this deception will it become possible to revive democracy in the United States.

From the pharaohs of ancient Egypt to the self-regarding thugs of ancient Rome to the glorified warlords of medieval and absolutist Europe, in nearly every urbanized society throughout human history, there have been people who have tried to constitute themselves as an aristocracy. These people and their allies are the conservatives.

The tactics of conservatism vary widely by place and time. But the most central feature of conservatism is deference: a psychologically internalized attitude on the part of the common people that the aristocracy are better people than they are. Modern-day liberals often theorize that conservatives use "social issues" as a way to mask economic objectives, but this is almost backward: the true goal of conservatism is to establish an aristocracy, which is a social and psychological condition of inequality. Economic inequality and regressive taxation, while certainly welcomed by the aristocracy, are best understood as a means to their actual goal, which is simply to be aristocrats. More generally, it is crucial to conservatism that the people must literally love the order that dominates them. Of course this notion sounds bizarre to modern ears, but it is perfectly overt in the writings of leading conservative theorists such as Burke. Democracy, for them, is not about the mechanisms of voting and office-holding. In fact conservatives hold a wide variety of opinions about such secondary formal matters. For conservatives, rather, democracy is a psychological condition. People who believe that the aristocracy rightfully dominates society because of its intrinsic superiority are conservatives; democrats, by contrast, believe that they are of equal social worth. Conservatism is the antithesis of democracy. This has been true for thousands of years.

Grover Norquist - Republican economic guru and co-author of the GOP's 'Contract with America'

My own personal defintion of conservative differs from yours. I find my self more "conservative" in nature but do not identify with the "conservative" definition of the republican party, considering it is not "conservative" by it's nature.

I think our definitions of "conservative" and "liberal" have evolved into what we view politically rather than by what the actual words mean.

I guess it's possible that I'm not quite sure what the actual words mean. In my own mind, a liberal should also want less government involvement in their lives, considering one of the defintions of liberal is to not be bound by authoritarianism...(not saying our government is authoritarian, however, too much government involvement eventually leads to this).

no, seriously, you are.

carry on

MORONS..."

There is a lot of hate, but it's only from certain people on the extremes. The usual suspects, as I refer to them.

On one hand, there have been threads on this board in the past where certain posters who shall remain nameless on BOTH sides actually posted that they cannot be friends with or even speak with family on the opposite "side" IRL because it makes them too angry or even physically ill to associate with anyone who holds that point of view. Now that's hate.

Then you have those who may get passionate in the course of an argument but get along readily with those on both "sides", or for whom you would be hard-pressed to find an honest "label" at all.

Intellectual dishonesty and/or ignorance is rampant as far as labels and their actual meaning goes, but that's hardly unique to this board or even message boards in general. I just figure if I'm being called a commie bitch on one thread and a rightwingnut on another by the usual suspects, it's just an indication I'm still making some sort of sense. :D

There is the Golden Rule, which We All easily abandon here. Etiquette. There is the problem with how we each choose our facts. Then there is the issue of how we weight the Facts in significance, relevance, and importance. Our Society would be so much better off as a whole, if we could overcome this weakness.

My question is:

My own personal defintion of conservative differs from yours. I find my self more "conservative" in nature but do not identify with the "conservative" definition of the republican party, considering it is not "conservative" by it's nature.

I think our definitions of "conservative" and "liberal" have evolved into what we view politically rather than by what the actual words mean.

I guess it's possible that I'm not quite sure what the actual words mean. In my own mind, a liberal should also want less government involvement in their lives, considering one of the defintions of liberal is to not be bound by authoritarianism...(not saying our government is authoritarian, however, too much government involvement eventually leads to this).

You are allowing and accepting conservative's definition of liberalism. Liberals don't want government intrusion into people's lives, but they believe our founders created government to prevent other entities from intruding into our lives. The most likely attempts to steal your nest egg, your money or your home come in your mailbox or on your TV every day, these entities are not our government.

Some unwittingly fall for everything these people promote.
Yeah....promote would be a much-more-accurate term, than divide.

The high-roller$ (in this Country) do what they can to promote racism, bigotry, (the illusion of) culture-war, etc., simply to keep everyone distracted from the high-roller$ GRAND RIP-OFF!!!! They'll do it thru politicians & the marketplace. Hell.....look at how well it worked in The Old South!! (....Not to mention the Rebirth, of the same tactics, after Obama was elected.)​

Petulant children squabbling about things they don't really understand.

Most people become partisans because they're too fearful to become anything other than team players.
No doubt.

How much-more convenient, it is, hiding within whatever-herd.....rather-than developing/defending a personal-position; aka LAZY-as-Hell.

rush_lemmings_001.jpg

Last edited:

You are allowing and accepting conservative's definition of liberalism. Liberals don't want government intrusion into people's lives, but they believe our founders created government to prevent other entities from intruding into our lives. The most likely attempts to steal your nest egg, your money or your home come in your mailbox or on your TV every day, these entities are not our government.

Possibly so, personally, I'm neither a fan of republicans nor democrats. They're both power hungry parties who are not a reflection of, nor "represent", the marjority of our society. It seems to me that more liberals (associated with the Democratic party) start more government programs than the other. I'm not saying that either party is better or worse, however, it seems the democratic party does not represent "liberal" when it starts more programs to regulate what you do. I.E. Gun rights, social security, etc...

Yeah the hate is confusing to me seeing as how both sides essentially vote for all the same principles.

Both parties aren't going to do anything significant to welfare or social security.

Both parties were in favor of the War in Iraq, both were then in favor of getting out and both were in favor of escalating the War in Afghanistan.

Both are in favor of big spending bills whether it be TAARP or the stimulus.

Both aren't overly concerned about big spending or the national debt.

Both don't want marijuana legalized or gays to get married in terms of social issues.

So personally I have no clue where all the disdain comes from or what good people think it will do. My guess is it's mostly caused by insecurity and they require the hate in order to feel better about themselves and their choice of voting.

My question is:

I always figure it makes more sense to consult Webster....rather-than assuming definitions.....

HERE

Liberalism: c: a political philosophy based on belief in progress, the essential goodness of the human race, and the autonomy of the individual and standing for the protection of political and civil liberties; specifically : such a philosophy that considers government as a crucial instrument for amelioration of social inequities (as those involving race, gender, or class)

amelioration: to make better or more tolerable
....Not exactly a heavy-duty endorsement of Survival o' the fittest.....but, a great excuse for kickin'-the-SHIT outta bullies. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
There is the problem with how we each choose our facts.
That makes sense, to you?? :eusa_eh:

Facts are Facts. There is nothing to choose.

I get tired o' (supposed) Conservatives, here....who I refer-to as "conservatives".....who state something as Fact/Absolute....with zero references to support their factoid.

Republican-politicians (specifically "conservatives") are EXTREMELY guilty of this, with their "The American people want....", or "The American people think.....", as if they're stating some kind o' Absolute!!!

:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back