Has science proved there is no God?

I was thinking about this and came up with a different question that needs to be answered before The op question could make any sense.

Does science have the means to detect a God?

Depending on the definition of God and so forth, the answer could very well be NO.
If No, then the question as to whether or not proved/disproved god is meaningless because science does not have the means to give an answer to this question.

Of course, for people who placed science as the sole means of finding actual truth to our physical Universe and assumed the Physical universe is all there is, then there is no god.

On the other hand, for people that science is just one tool, and our intuition is another tool to finding truth, and has assumed there is more to reality than our Physical Universe, then the possibility of a god is still probable.

In short, we can conclude one thing. If there is a god, we have yet discover the physical form of God. Of course, this is under the assumption that god has a physical form to begin.

If you must know--I am part of the "God does not have a physical form" crowd. Of course this is an assumption.

Science can't prove that someone feels pain, or measure the amount of pain someone feels. If someone figures out how to objectively measure pain level, he'll be very rich very fast.

Have fun attempting to use science to prove a universal negative.

Last edited:
Science can't prove that someone feels pain, or measure the amount of pain someone feels. If someone figures out how to objectively measure pain level, he'll be very rich very fast.

Have fun attempting to use science to prove a universal negative.

Well, actually--there are ways to pull such an experiment off. The necessary part is to record the brains reaction when the subject in question feels pain and from where.

Even the question of pain level would probably create some reactions in the brain, not to talk about the rest of the body as well. So, in theory, it can be done.

However, its worth/value would be questionable especially since how one person reacts to pain could differ from how another person reacts to pain.

And what about masochists? Put one of those in the experiment and data about which sections of the brain become active could change dramatically.

In the long run, such an experiment seems inhumane. It should not be done because of that feature.

The discovery of the Higgs Boson particle has led physicists to claim there can be no undiscovered particles, and there are no unknowns. So there can be no after life.
Watch the video and tell me why they are wrong.

Higgs Boson and the Fundamental Nature of Reality - Sean Carroll - Skepticon 5 - YouTube

Which scientists are saying there are no unknowns and no undiscovered particles? Right off the top of my head I can think of several hypothesized but undiscovered particles such as the tachyon, Z boson, sterile neutrino, glueball, and graviton.

Last edited:
Not likely. Both Hovind and Ham are among the worst of the bunch in connection with creationist charlatans.

Coming from one of the most rabid, anti-Christian, Christ-haters this board has. We all know that you're consumed with an obsessive/compulsive, bi-polar hatred for the Bible and all things associated with it. So you really don't have a thimble full of credibility; thus, your opinion means squat.

I don't know about Ken Ham, but I am familiar with the Hovind-that is Kent and son Eric.

The only way I can see someone using their works is if they are a strict literalists of the Scripture.

Are you a Strict Biblical Literalist, Drifting Sands?

When I read the Scriptures I read them literally first then seek any secondary meanings after. For instance, the parables of Christ can be understood in their literal sense (most times) then through spiritual lenses. There's generally a deeper meaning to them than what first meets the eye.

Now when it comes to the miracles of the Bible I would lack faith if I didn't believe them to be true. I see God as all powerful and completely able to perform miracles in a supernatural way. Since that's the case if I am to believe in the miracle of the virgin birth; Christ's death and resurrection; and His ascension into Heaven then I should have no problem viewing the Genesis/Creation account as a miracle that occurred just as God has written it.

Genesis says that man was created as a man ... not as an amoeba. Genesis says that trees, plants, and other animals were created in their fully functional state. Genesis says that "the evening and the morning" were a "day" and that creation took place in 6 days. As a faithful Christian, I believe what it says. If God is all powerful then He doesn't need billions of years to do what he can do in mere days.

The Bible also says ritually killing birds will cure leprosy. Do you take that part as the literal truth as well?

Did the gods literally approve of incestuous relationships when Noah and his immediate family were left to populate the planet after the flood?

The discovery of the Higgs Boson particle has led physicists to claim there can be no undiscovered particles, and there are no unknowns. So there can be no after life.

Higgs Boson and the Fundamental Nature of Reality - Sean Carroll - Skepticon 5 - YouTube

Here's the evidence you're looking for Dajjal. It is archaelogical and scientific evidence beyond anything I've ever seen before that proves Moses account in Torah factual to the very last drop! Watch this! ( my 1st rebuttal to your arguement )

[ame=http://youtu.be/6cfPMKv2fBM]This secret footage took my BREATH AWAY! - Smuggled out at GREAT RISK!!! - YouTube[/ame]

After viewing the video can anyone explain to me the ancient lake down below was formed? Other than from the rock that split in half far above its location when Moses struck it to give over 2 million Hebrews water? They have water marks left behind from the water rushing over it from that event. It is the most arrid place on earth. Please explain how that rock split as you see it and the scientific evidence proves water gushed out of it down below forming an ancient lake which is still visible. Someone please explain that if you can. Thank you.

Last edited:

Here's the evidence you're looking for Dajjal. It is archaelogical and scientific evidence beyond anything I've ever seen before that proves Moses account in Torah factual to the very last drop! Watch this! ( my 1st rebuttal to your arguement )

I think the problem with videos like this is just how little information we're actually provided. There are many claims made by unidentified people, in unidentified locations being represented by a YouTube video.

It's a bit like miracle cures for male pattern baldness that you can find at the back of supermarket tabloids. If there was such a miracle cure, wouldn't it find exposure outside of YouTube?

Did the gods literally approve of incestuous relationships when Noah and his immediate family were left to populate the planet after the flood?

In ancient times cousins did marry and indeed Sarah was the half sister of Abraham. So what? What is your point?

In ancient times cousins did marry and indeed Sarah was the half sister of Abraham. So what? What is your point?

So, do you approve of incestuous relations because in ancient times, cousins did marry?

Isn't there something in the bibles prohibiting such relationships?

Evolution is a farce and a hoax:

What do the fossils of a bird and of a "hominid," separated by almost 225 million years on the evolutionary time scale, have in common? Technically, not much, but they both have powerfully rattled the cages of evolutionists, springing new leaks in a rotting theory, already threatening to founder in the Arctic seas of cold, hard scientific facts.

**snip**

Fossils of ape-like creatures, given the genus name of Australopithecus, have been found in Africa, including A. africanus in South Africa by Raymond Dart, A. bosei in East Africa by Louis Leakey, and A. afarensis in Ethiopia by Donald Johanson. Louis Leakey discovered fossils of creatures in the Olduvai Gorge in Tanzania which he claimed were more "advanced" than the australopithecines—sufficiently advanced to place them in the same genus as man. He designated these creatures Homo habilis ("handy man"), believing that they had formed primitive tools.

Some evolutionists, on the other hand, such as Lord Zuckerman and Charles Oxnard, strongly dispute this view, maintaining that the australopithecines did not walk upright in the human manner and were not intermediate between ape and man.

**snip**

If all of this is true, as evolutionists believe, then evolution is a tricky game, indeed. The australopithecines ("Lucy" and her fellow creatures) abruptly appeared about four million years ago—from where, nobody knows. These little creatures, three to four feet tall, then stick around for about two million years or more with no essential change, certainly as far as their postcranial skeleton is concerned. Then, in a blink of geological time, their postcranial skeleton, with long arms and long curved fingers and toes, is replaced by a postcranial skeleton essentially identical to that of modern man, which then remains uncharged up to the present, or about 1.6 million years.

Do we see evolution here? Absolutely not. Ape-like creatures (the australopithecines) suddenly appear without a trace of an ancestor. Their remains are scattered throughout southern and eastern Africa, with no more variation among them, either geographically or temporally, than can be found among different human tribes today.
Startling Discoveries Support Creation

So, do you approve of incestuous relations because in ancient times, cousins did marry?

Isn't there something in the bibles prohibiting such relationships?

around a thousand years later?....

**snip**

The ICR is falsely labeled as "creation research". They do no actual research.

They promote biblical literalism at the expense of truth and evidence.

**snip**

Don't be an accomplice to the fraud that is the ICR.

Forum List

Back