Has Israeli action in Gaza ripped up western goodwill after the holocaust ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Its clear that the state of Israel is treated as a special case by the liberal west. Actions that would be condemned by other states are pardoned by the world.

I dont know if this is a sign of guilt. Hitler was able to murder people without any hindrance and it is right that we feel guilt that this happened. I think we can allagree on that,

But the systematic murder of Gazans is no different. The endgame seems pretty obvious with Gaza as the appetiser to the take over of the west bank.

Will the west stand by and watch ? Current politicians are too weak to make a stand so it is just possible.

But I dont see the younger generation putting up with it any more.Israel has lost its special case standing. They will be judged by the standards of the civilised world. Such as they are.

I hope that the repucussions for all of this are not visited on my children or their children. But I suspect that will happen. We will all pay the price.

NB = this thread was closed in the CDZ by meister for not being in the proper forum. I think it was the proper forum to discuss an important issue although I recognise the sensitivity of the topic.
I hope posters resepect that sensitivity.

It’s far simpler than that-Their retaliation was provoked and justified
But you have to admit the backlash is unprecedented. The number of people marching in support of Palestinians is proof of that.
The political class has completely missed the mood on this. They seem out of touch. Biden could lose an election pn this issue alone.
It is the same in the UK where the labour party leadership has misread the people.
I think younger people do not have the collective guilt of older people on the issue. Israel needs to understand this as well .

Its clear that the state of Israel is treated as a special case by the liberal west. Actions that would be condemned by other states are pardoned by the world.

I dont know if this is a sign of guilt. Hitler was able to murder people without any hindrance and it is right that we feel guilt that this happened. I think we can allagree on that,

But the systematic murder of Gazans is no different. The endgame seems pretty obvious with Gaza as the appetiser to the take over of the west bank.

Will the west stand by and watch ? Current politicians are too weak to make a stand so it is just possible.

But I dont see the younger generation putting up with it any more.Israel has lost its special case standing. They will be judged by the standards of the civilised world. Such as they are.

I hope that the repucussions for all of this are not visited on my children or their children. But I suspect that will happen. We will all pay the price.

NB = this thread was closed in the CDZ by meister for not being in the proper forum. I think it was the proper forum to discuss an important issue although I recognise the sensitivity of the topic.
Hamas started the war and will pay a heavy price. If you don't want people killed then don't start a war.

But you have to admit the backlash is unprecedented. The number of people marching in support of Palestinians is proof of that.
The political class has completely missed the mood on this. They seem out of touch. Biden could lose an election pn this issue alone.
It is the same in the UK where the labour party leadership has misread the people.
I think younger people do not have the collective guilt of older people on the issue. Israel needs to understand this as well .
The people that support Hamas are the dregs of society.

Jew hate. Nothing more, nothing less.

Israel has forfeited the moral high ground

Superb post.

Israel has destroyed what little moral standing it ever had with this most recent genocidal rampage.

It is now, and deservedly so, the pariah of the world.

Superb post.

Israel has destroyed what little moral standing it ever had with this most recent genocidal rampage.

It is now, and deservedly so, the pariah of the world.
Moral standing was the phrase i was looking for. Its gone and they wil be judged on their actions , the same as anyone else.
I think there is a growing realisation amongst the wider Jewish community as well.
They seem to be led by the extreme settler types but more thoughtful people are speaking out.
Its not a majority but it is getting there.

Start with the instigation instead of the response.

The demonstrations (etc) in support of Hamas and "innocent Palestinians" are mainly just a manifestation of the shallowness of Leftist thought. Every conflict is reduced to Oppressor vs. Oppressed, regardless of the particulars. In this Gaza war, the Left has identified Israel as the Oppressor because...how could it not be? It is successful, educated, strong, independent...OF COURSE, it is the Oppressor.

But that paradigm results in a perverse result: a Society (Israel) is castigated for defending itself against a hostile aggressor. The intentional killing and targeting of civilians by Hamas - both its own civilians and Israeli's - is ignored because...Israel is the Oppressor.

In that sense, these demonstrations are a good thing. Makes it easy to see who are the Good Guys and who are the Bad Guys.

Leftists are evil. They prove it over and over and over again.

Forum List

Back