Has Israeli action in Gaza ripped up western goodwill after the holocaust ?

The demonstrations (etc) in support of Hamas and "innocent Palestinians" are mainly just a manifestation of the shallowness of Leftist thought. Every conflict is reduced to Oppressor vs. Oppressed, regardless of the particulars. In this Gaza war, the Left has identified Israel as the Oppressor because...how could it not be? It is successful, educated, strong, independent...OF COURSE, it is the Oppressor.

But that paradigm results in a perverse result: a Society (Israel) is castigated for defending itself against a hostile aggressor. The intentional killing and targeting of civilians by Hamas - both its own civilians and Israeli's - is ignored because...Israel is the Oppressor.

In that sense, these demonstrations are a good thing. Makes it easy to see who are the Good Guys and who are the Bad Guys.

Leftists are evil. They prove it over and over and over again.
You may use bigger words but you are just as misguided as the other commentators on here.You cannot gloss over injustices in that way. It does not help anyone.

Its clear that the state of Israel is treated as a special case by the liberal west. Actions that would be condemned by other states are pardoned by the world.

I dont know if this is a sign of guilt. Hitler was able to murder people without any hindrance and it is right that we feel guilt that this happened. I think we can allagree on that,

But the systematic murder of Gazans is no different. The endgame seems pretty obvious with Gaza as the appetiser to the take over of the west bank.

Will the west stand by and watch ? Current politicians are too weak to make a stand so it is just possible.

But I dont see the younger generation putting up with it any more.Israel has lost its special case standing. They will be judged by the standards of the civilised world. Such as they are.

I hope that the repucussions for all of this are not visited on my children or their children. But I suspect that will happen. We will all pay the price.

NB = this thread was closed in the CDZ by meister for not being in the proper forum. I think it was the proper forum to discuss an important issue although I recognise the sensitivity of the topic.
I hope posters resepect that sensitivity.
it's clear you are a bigot that is treating Israel different because they are Jews. No other country would anyone expect or even ask, not to defend themselves from attacks...none.

If Israel doesn't completely destroy Hamas after this I am going to be disappointed.

Its clear that the state of Israel is treated as a special case by the liberal west. Actions that would be condemned by other states are pardoned by the world.

I dont know if this is a sign of guilt. Hitler was able to murder people without any hindrance and it is right that we feel guilt that this happened. I think we can allagree on that,

But the systematic murder of Gazans is no different. The endgame seems pretty obvious with Gaza as the appetiser to the take over of the west bank.

Will the west stand by and watch ? Current politicians are too weak to make a stand so it is just possible.

But I dont see the younger generation putting up with it any more.Israel has lost its special case standing. They will be judged by the standards of the civilised world. Such as they are.

I hope that the repucussions for all of this are not visited on my children or their children. But I suspect that will happen. We will all pay the price.

NB = this thread was closed in the CDZ by meister for not being in the proper forum. I think it was the proper forum to discuss an important issue although I recognise the sensitivity of the topic.
Another idiotic week dream

No. Thankfully, the number of Holocaust-denying Nazis like you is very small. Just a few crazies in shithole countries like yours.

^^ Israel has lost public opinion.

You mean it only had it it when Jews were seen in death camps, queuing up for the gas chambers?

You conflate hamas with palestine. You have no evidence that I support hamas.
You make the claim in order to silence me.

Two days after the Hamas terror attacks in Israel, you referred to Hamas as "freedom fighters".

You're a terrorist piece of shit.

You spelt freedom fighters wrongly.

it's clear you are a bigot that is treating Israel different because they are Jews. No other country would anyone expect or even ask, not to defend themselves from attacks...none.

If Israel doesn't completely destroy Hamas after this I am going to be disappointed.
That isnt the case. Many countries have suffered from "terrorist" activity.
But the UK did not bomb parts of Ireland where the terrorists might be. Nor did Spain bomb the Basque region in the hope of catching a member of Eta.
It is the nature of the response that has hardened opinion against Israel and turned people against them.

Two days after the Hamas terror attacks in Israel, you referred to Hamas as "freedom fighters".

You're a terrorist piece of shit.

You do not make the case that I support hamas tactics. One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

That isnt the case. Many countries have suffered from "terrorist" activity.
But the UK did not bomb parts of Ireland where the terrorists might be. Nor did Spain bomb the Basque region in the hope of catching a member of Eta.
It is the nature of the response that has hardened opinion against Israel and turned people against them.

Is that some attempt at equivalence?

:flameth:

Forum List

Back