Has-been rocker Bob Dylan wins NOBEL prize in literature

Dylan said himself in a '60 minutes' interview that he was just having fun and that the public took him too seriously. Eventually it pissed him off and he didn't care what the public thought.

Does anyone take that prize seriously? They gave the prize to a terrorist (Arafat), a global warming nutjob, and a droner of children. It's the way the Devil rewards his most faithful servants.

You're talking about the peace prize. Dylan got the literature prize. But both are silly. The science prizes are the only ones that make sense.

Does anyone take that prize seriously? They gave the prize to a terrorist (Arafat), a global warming nutjob, and a droner of children. It's the way the Devil rewards his most faithful servants.

You're talking about the peace prize. Dylan got the literature prize. But both are silly. The science prizes are the only ones that make sense.
But if the person who cures cancer is a white evangelical who has at some point expressed disagreement with same sex marriage, no prize will be given.

Actually this makes sense since literature is just entertainment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/14/arts/music/bob-dylan-nobel-prize-literature.html?_r=0

oct 13 2016 The singer and songwriter Bob Dylan, one of the world’s most influential musicians, was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature on Thursday for “having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition,” in the words of the Swedish Academy.

He is the first American to win the prize since the novelist Toni Morrison, in 1993. The announcement, in Stockholm, was a surprise: Although Mr. Dylan, 75, has been mentioned often as having an outside shot at the prize, his work does not fit into the literary canons of novels, poetry and short stories that the prize has traditionally recognized.

If they weren't such hypocrites, they would have given him this prize in the 60's.

Nasal antique Bob Dylan??

Maybe next year they can honor Paris Hilton.

By the way he stole his most famous song from a black guy.

Last edited:

Yes, like education & stuff.

Yes, like education & stuff.
Oh, is THAT what you call it.

I stopped caring about the Nobel prizes. Too much politics. And giving the prize to a guy who has done nothing lately and for a category that doesn't fit? I don't know what went into that, but I know it's hacks running it now.

Dylan has always had the reputation of blending in without being identified as Bob Dylan. It's true. When I was introduced to him, many moons ago, as simply "Bob", I formed an immediate impression of him (we sometimes do these snap impressions when we first meet someone) without knowing who he really was. As a not famous person - I didn't like him. Later it became obvious who he was and I was going, wow - I just met Dylan and all that stuff.

I liked his music decades ago and congrats to him on his award.

I liked him too, but Nobel worthy? Then so were Peter, Paul and Mary.....

Nobel doesn't mean anything. It's an empty award given to Liberals by Liberals. I withdraw my congrats.
And when an American wins for Physics or Chemistry or Economics, you take no pride?

Never have.

Forum List

Back