Bob Dylan: BRAVO!

Lol Dylan's work is definitely not Nobel Prize material. It's ridiculous and a shabby PR ploy from an organization on its way downhill for a while now.

Bob Dylan is always Bob Dylan. He was nominated for the Nobel Prize in literature last week. So far, he hasn't responded. Read:

Bob Dylan removes mention of Nobel prize from website

The Swedish Academy for Literature (a fucking snobbish 'old boys' club) is really angry with Dylan saying he is arrogant - and the Academy is making some dreadful speculations about why Dylan isn't interested …. none of which even consider that the opinion of the Swedish Academy might be an unwanted 'honour'. I've had a slight personal run-in with the Swedish Academy myself, but that's another story. Bravo Bob Dylan!

If only Obama had said that when he got the Nobel Peace Prize for a speech.

Bob Dylan is always Bob Dylan. He was nominated for the Nobel Prize in literature last week. So far, he hasn't responded. Read:

The Swedish Academy for Literature (a fucking snobbish 'old boys' club) is really angry with Dylan saying he is arrogant - and the Academy is making some dreadful speculations about why Dylan isn't interested …. none of which even consider that the opinion of the Swedish Academy might be an unwanted 'honour'. I've had a slight personal run-in with the Swedish Academy myself, but that's another story. Bravo Bob Dylan!
Aw c'mon, tell, tell!

Why are people so critical of the Nobel Prize?

Mostly because the are given to people who have not earned them.

Yasser Arafat, Al Gore and Barrack Obama come to mind.

Aw c'mon, tell, tell!

Why are people so critical of the Nobel Prize?

Mostly because the are given to people who have not earned them.

Yasser Arafat, Al Gore and Barrack Obama come to mind.

And Kissinger as well; while I'm a fan of his approach to foreign policy, it isn't genius on the level of a Bismarck or Richelieu, by any means.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.
These are lofty words concocted after the decision was made to give him the prize. The words mean nothing and there isn't a single example of what exactly Obama had done. Take note that Obama himself was embarrassed and understood that he hadn't done anything to deserve it. He made some comment about how ridiculous the whole thing was.

That's horribly unfair to our idealistic president, who has had the guts to stand up to a planet full of haters and live with his vision. It's too bad the rest of the players on the world stage didn't get the memo, but I respect President Obama for trying.
I agree with you that he started out that way. But the penny dropped and I guess that he (just like all other idealists) found out that the whole show is run by behind-the-scenes business tycoons.

Don't bother telling me I'm hopelessly gullible and naive, etc. etc.
shut-mouth.png

You're not a big name caller, so I'll leave that to the others.
I don't think that I've ever got such a fine compliment!
hats_off.gif

Bob Dylan is a Jew. He isn't worthy of anything.

Lol Dylan's work is definitely not Nobel Prize material. It's ridiculous and a shabby PR ploy from an organization on its way downhill for a while now.
His songs pushed for peace in the 60's and early 70's; he was a spokesman for the anti-war movement. Personally, I think some of his lyrics over the years have been intricate, complex word craft, but that's an opinion.
I give Mr. Nobel a lot of credit for trying to use some of his wealth honoring peace, considering how he made his fortune. I wish people wouldn't slam it so much.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.
These are lofty words concocted after the decision was made to give him the prize. The words mean nothing and there isn't a single example of what exactly Obama had done. Take note that Obama himself was embarrassed and understood that he hadn't done anything to deserve it. He made some comment about how ridiculous the whole thing was.

That's horribly unfair to our idealistic president, who has had the guts to stand up to a planet full of haters and live with his vision. It's too bad the rest of the players on the world stage didn't get the memo, but I respect President Obama for trying.
I agree with you that he started out that way. But the penny dropped and I guess that he (just like all other idealists) found out that the whole show is run by behind-the-scenes business tycoons.

Don't bother telling me I'm hopelessly gullible and naive, etc. etc.
shut-mouth.png

You're not a big name caller, so I'll leave that to the others.
I don't think that I've ever got such a fine compliment!
hats_off.gif
Okay. I guess no matter how old I get and how many times I get disappointed by humankind, though, I still honor ideals and the people that give them voice and try to influence the world with them. That's what the Nobel Peace Prize represents, to me. Some people don't like the organization because they disagree with the politics of those who have won it. That's small thinking, imo.
BTW, I would have watched your documentary with interest. I never knew that. Were you NATO forces?

His songs pushed for peace in the 60's and early 70's; he was a spokesman for the anti-war movement. Personally, I think some of his lyrics over the years have been intricate, complex word craft, but that's an opinion.
I give Mr. Nobel a lot of credit for trying to use some of his wealth honoring peace, considering how he made his fortune. I wish people wouldn't slam it so much.
Alfred Nobel died more than 100 years ago. The people running the show today are stuffy old men who seem to be more concerned about making P.C./political statements than actually caring about humanity and who have no idea what is going on in the world.

..... I would have watched your documentary with interest. I never knew that.
That's very kind of you to say so.

Were you NATO forces?
No. I am ashamed to say that I was a combatant. A volunteer. A young impressionable, easily exited boy. The majority of the guys over there were just like me.
Amazing. Like all those boys who went to fight in the Spanish Civil War. Nothing to be ashamed of, fighting for one's beliefs.

Alfred Nobel died more than 100 years ago. The people running the show today are stuffy old men who seem to be more concerned about making P.C./political statements than actually caring about humanity and who have no idea what is going on in the world.
Yeah, I'll take your word for it, I guess. At least you've actually talked to them.

Bob Dylan is a 1960's liberal communist piece of shit. He sucks as an artist with his shitty voice and piss poor lyrics.

Bob Dylan is a 1960's liberal communist piece of shit. He sucks as an artist with his shitty voice and piss poor lyrics.
What's with all the communist stuff this morning, Bush92? You called me one earlier for thinking Dads should talk to their boys about not grabbing strange girls' pussies and boobies. My granddad went through something similar in his old age--thought there was a hostile Indian in the closet waiting to scalp us all.
Are you alone?

What's with all the communist stuff this morning, Bush92? You called me one earlier for thinking Dads should talk to their boys about not grabbing strange girls' pussies and boobies. My granddad went through something similar in his old age--thought there was a hostile Indian in the closet waiting to scalp us all.
Are you alone?
Because it's the truth. There was a revolution in America in the 1960's to undermine our culture and way of life. To destroy the Christian family unit. It was sponsored by the far left and championed by people like Bob Dylan and Jane Fonda. Young people carrying enemy colors (Viet Cong flag) while we had men on the field of battle.

Were you NATO forces?
No. I am ashamed to say that I was a combatant. A volunteer. A young impressionable, easily exited boy. The majority of the guys over there were just like me.
Amazing. Like all those boys who went to fight in the Spanish Civil War. Nothing to be ashamed of, fighting for one's beliefs.
Lincoln Brigade was scum.

Were you NATO forces?
Naturally. whatever

Were you NATO forces?
Naturally. whatever
They were communist. Screw Hemingway too. His writing style was terrible. I will now mock him: "He approached the bar an ordered a whiskey. He noticed to his left a jar of boiled eggs. He took one out under the careful eye of the bartender. It was a good egg. Smooth and oblong. They type of egg a man would like to eat."

Are you alone?
Because it's the truth. There was a revolution in America in the 1960's to undermine our culture and way of life. To destroy the Christian family unit. It was sponsored by the far left and championed by people like Bob Dylan and Jane Fonda. Young people carrying enemy colors (Viet Cong flag) while we had men on the field of battle.
I'll agree our boys fighting got the raw end of the deal in so many ways and I'm not proud of that. But not fighting that war, particularly since it wasn't a voluntary force .... now that was common sense, not a communist plot. I realize the USSR no doubt aided and abetted the anti-war movement, but it would have happened anyway. We didn't belong there and no one really gave a shit if Vietnam went communist except for the Pentagon.

Bob Dylan has more integrity in his left pinky finger than the whole Nobel academy.

The Nobel Academy of idiots gave a prize to fellow idiots Obama, Gore, Arafat, Gorbachev and Mandela.

No more need to be said.

Forum List

Back