Bob Dylan: BRAVO!

Wow. Doesn't get much meaner than running over the dog. I'll have to remember that one.
Whew, yeah! That guy has no heart at all .... wishing my little pooch gets run over by a car! I'm going to have a good look through the USMB rules and regulation to see if that comment warrants a permanent dismissal from posting privileges. I'm sure I read something about slander and death treats against domestic animals being an offense against the forum rules.
He's spoofing us both, you realize....

Bob Dylan is always Bob Dylan. He was nominated for the Nobel Prize in literature last week. So far, he hasn't responded. Read:

Bob Dylan removes mention of Nobel prize from website

The Swedish Academy for Literature (a fucking snobbish 'old boys' club) is really angry with Dylan saying he is arrogant - and the Academy is making some dreadful speculations about why Dylan isn't interested …. none of which even consider that the opinion of the Swedish Academy might be an unwanted 'honour'. I've had a slight personal run-in with the Swedish Academy myself, but that's another story. Bravo Bob Dylan!
Aw c'mon, tell, tell!

Why are people so critical of the Nobel Prize?

Mostly because the are given to people who have not earned them.

Yasser Arafat, Al Gore and Barrack Obama come to mind.
small thinking

Absolutely small thinking. On the part of those that pick the Nobel Peace Prize winners.

He's spoofing us both, you realize....
I'm not so sure about that ....
SUSPICIOUSEYES.gif

I have deeply admired Dylan's work since 1965. his writing is sometimes brilliant. Then, again, it sometimes really sucks. (he should be forced to refund every dime he ever made on his "Self-portrait" album).

However, he has never been gracious about anything in his life. During his Christian period, he yelled at fans in his concert that they were going to hell. He had such a disastrous filmed interview in the 1960's that he disappeared from public altogether for years. He is obviously an egomaniac, and even holds his fans in contempt. I was at a concert he held in Reno, at which he did not glance at the audience once, until his obligatory bow as he left the stage. i don't give a rat's ass whether or not he attends the Noble awards. I think it would be amusing if he did, and they told him when he got there, "Sorry. Since you didn't return our calls, we mailed it to you."

I thought he was dead oh well I would have given it to AC/DC.
The Alt Right hates the Nobel Prize and Jews, but they applaud Bob Dylan getting it.
Congratulations, Bob.
Don't know or care who or what the Alt Right is supposed to be Bob Dylan much like the Nobel Prize is highly overrated in my opinion. I doubt anyone could say who won a Nobel Prize last year without looking it up.

Forum List

Back