Harry Reid threatens obstruction if Romney wins.

Maybe obama could have worked with republicans if he had shown up. He didn't show up, he stopped showing up over a year ago. He played golf and gave lavish policies that are now coming under congressional investigation for waste.

If obama is reelected, he is going to find every second of the last four years under investigation.

sorry that was for this post

Did not need, too. He may during the lame duck session in order to push legislation that Obama wants, whether he is re-elected or not.
Jake, given Reid didn't change the rules on the filibuster the last time Obama won, or in 2010, what makes you so sure he'd do it this time?

I've heard a lot of people here and elsewhere screeching that if Obama hasn't been as successful as he could have/should have been its because the Republicans said from day one that they wouldn't work with him to pass his agenda and they'd do everything they could to make sure his agenda DIDN'T pass.

This was proclaimed awful, unreasonable, RACIST, unheard of...never been done before in the history of politics, etc. etc.

So the Democrats, being the "nice, reasonable, logical, calm, open-minded" party are going to be willing to listen to Romney's plans and work with him to reach decisions that will help our country move forward....right???

Reid says he can't work with Romney - Washington Times

Oh....nevermind. I forgot. Opposition to Obama means you're an unreasonable racist. Opposition to Romney will go back to being what it was when Bush was president..."the highest form of patriotism."

What plans? He's provided a wishlist, not a plan.

At least Romney has a plan, and i believe he can do it.
Obama's just going to hire someone to "fix" the economy for him! He has NO IDEA what to do!!!

link?

How is this any different then what Harry Reid's been doing since the Dumbos took control of the Senate?

How is this any different then what Harry Reid's been doing since the Dumbos took control of the Senate?

it's not...but now he is being cheered for it..
so much for wanting Bipartisanship..
Democrats are a joke

How is this kind of thing ever going to end if both parties announce in advance they are going to obstruct?

When will we get the government of the people, by the people, and for the people we used to have, instead of the "new normal" of "every party for themselves"?

they probably should have thought of that when they said "i hope he fails" and obstructed everything for four years...to the point where they forced our credit rating down.

why does the right get bi-partisan the minute they think they're going to be in power?

i know...i know...bi-partisan means we do what the right wants. i heard that.

Both parties were responsible for the credit downgrade because of their borrow & spend habits. It was because of wasteful spending on unfunded wars, bailouts, windmills, oil subsides, earmarks & pork, pork, pork.

Unless we get a viable third party (and soon!), both sides are going to have to work together and fix this mess.

I'm confident Mitt will fix us...

they probably should have thought of that when they said "i hope he fails" and obstructed everything for four years...to the point where they forced our credit rating down.

why does the right get bi-partisan the minute they think they're going to be in power?

i know...i know...bi-partisan means we do what the right wants. i heard that.

Both parties were responsible for the credit downgrade because of their borrow & spend habits. It was because of wasteful spending on unfunded wars, bailouts, windmills, oil subsides, earmarks & pork, pork, pork.

Unless we get a viable third party (and soon!), both sides are going to have to work together and fix this mess.

I'm confident Mitt will fix us...

I'm not, but I am Confident we can't afford to let Obama keep trying his way.

If Romney wins, I hope the Senate Democrats break the GOP's record for filibusters.

That would be awesome payback.

Not a chance. You know why? Because Romney will actually be willing to Compromise, and not just pretend he is.

If Romney wins, and the Republicans hold the house and pick up a few Senate seats but not enough to control it. It would be a Horrible Decision Politically for the Dems to Obstruct for the sake of Obstructing. That will have been 2 Election cycles in which Dems lost power, I would not call it wise to follow that up by be Obstructionist. Not if they want to get back into power.

Romney has promised to repeal Obamacare. Are you saying he's lying?

If Romney wins, I hope the Senate Democrats break the GOP's record for filibusters.

That would be awesome payback.

Not a chance. You know why? Because Romney will actually be willing to Compromise, and not just pretend he is.

If Romney wins, and the Republicans hold the house and pick up a few Senate seats but not enough to control it. It would be a Horrible Decision Politically for the Dems to Obstruct for the sake of Obstructing. That will have been 2 Election cycles in which Dems lost power, I would not call it wise to follow that up by be Obstructionist. Not if they want to get back into power.

and the MAJORITY of the people are behind him..

At least he'll be honest about it. Does it matter if he says it out loud, the proof is in the pudding.

Sure as heck is..

Democrats worked with Bush in both his terms. They only rejected his tax cuts and plan to privatize SSI. Oh..and Harriet Miers..

I wish they did work against him.

So, you don't want anything to get done in the next 4 years if Romney is elected? Somehow Bush managed to get things done with the democrats, as did Clinton with the repubs when he was the prez. But Obama has not done that, his idea of compromise seems to be to do it his way. And maybe the dems shouldn't have treated the GOP like shit during his 1st 2 years.

No..I don't want a Bush redux.

Democrats need to take lessons from the Tea Party if Romney is elected.

and the MAJORITY of the people are behind him..

No they aren't.

The Majority of people now like ObamaCare.

Sure as heck is..

Democrats worked with Bush in both his terms. They only rejected his tax cuts and plan to privatize SSI. Oh..and Harriet Miers..

I wish they did work against him.

So, you don't want anything to get done in the next 4 years if Romney is elected? Somehow Bush managed to get things done with the democrats, as did Clinton with the repubs when he was the prez. But Obama has not done that, his idea of compromise seems to be to do it his way. And maybe the dems shouldn't have treated the GOP like shit during his 1st 2 years.

No..I don't want a Bush redux.

Democrats need to take lessons from the Tea Party if Romney is elected.

please, the Tea Party would have to take lessons from the Democrats. We watched them in action against Bush

Hey, whats better than a silent voting giant? Get ready liberals your in for a big surprise.
You're Muslim Racist Communist Con artist is going down.

Reid is a fool and a thug. If he's still majority leader next spring Romney won't put up with his worthless shit; he'll go over his head two ways: to the people exposing his record which up to now has been a non-story in in the liberal media, and he will confer with his senate colleagues and foment a coup for a replacement who will place the welfare of the country above his own. There have to be democrat senators who care more for building a record of positive legislative achievement over stonewalling the country's elected chief executive.

Last edited:

That's total bullshit.

He had his veto overridden 700 times in Massaschusettes.

And Obama compromised with Republicans at every turn.

when?
How many times did he compromise?
What did he compromise on?

Extending the Bush tax cuts?

Forum List

Back