Harry Reid threatens obstruction if Romney wins.

If Reid acts like the McConnell turd of the last two years, both Reid and McConnell have to go.

We need party leaders who are patriotic.

Reid has needed to go since his horrible first session as majority leader from 2007-2009.

How is this kind of thing ever going to end if both parties announce in advance they are going to obstruct?

When will we get the government of the people, by the people, and for the people we used to have, instead of the "new normal" of "every party for themselves"?

they probably should have thought of that when they said "i hope he fails" and obstructed everything for four years...to the point where they forced our credit rating down.

why does the right get bi-partisan the minute they think they're going to be in power?

i know...i know...bi-partisan means we do what the right wants. i heard that.

Both parties were responsible for the credit downgrade because of their borrow & spend habits. It was because of wasteful spending on unfunded wars, bailouts, windmills, oil subsides, earmarks & pork, pork, pork.

Unless we get a viable third party (and soon!), both sides are going to have to work together and fix this mess.

Why are you such a fucking liar?

If Reid acts like the McConnell turd of the last two years, both Reid and McConnell have to go.

We need party leaders who are patriotic.

Reid has needed to go since his horrible first session as majority leader from 2007-2009.
I don't mind if he stays, just not in a leadership position.

In the House, I'm really looking forward to the return of Alan Grayson!
multi.gif

I've heard a lot of people here and elsewhere screeching that if Obama hasn't been as successful as he could have/should have been its because the Republicans said from day one that they wouldn't work with him to pass his agenda and they'd do everything they could to make sure his agenda DIDN'T pass.

This was proclaimed awful, unreasonable, RACIST, unheard of...never been done before in the history of politics, etc. etc.

So the Democrats, being the "nice, reasonable, logical, calm, open-minded" party are going to be willing to listen to Romney's plans and work with him to reach decisions that will help our country move forward....right???

"Mitt Romney's fantasy that Senate Democrats will work with him to pass his 'severely conservative' agenda is laughable," Mr. Reid said in a statement on Friday...
Reid says he can't work with Romney - Washington Times

Oh....nevermind. I forgot. Opposition to Obama means you're an unreasonable racist. Opposition to Romney will go back to being what it was when Bush was president..."the highest form of patriotism."

I've heard a lot of people here and elsewhere screeching that if Obama hasn't been as successful as he could have/should have been its because the Republicans said from day one that they wouldn't work with him to pass his agenda and they'd do everything they could to make sure his agenda DIDN'T pass.

This was proclaimed awful, unreasonable, RACIST, unheard of...never been done before in the history of politics, etc. etc.

So the Democrats, being the "nice, reasonable, logical, calm, open-minded" party are going to be willing to listen to Romney's plans and work with him to reach decisions that will help our country move forward....right???

"Mitt Romney's fantasy that Senate Democrats will work with him to pass his 'severely conservative' agenda is laughable," Mr. Reid said in a statement on Friday...

Oh....nevermind. I forgot. Opposition to Obama means you're an unreasonable racist. Opposition to Romney will go back to being what it was when Bush was president..."the highest form of patriotism."

What plans? He's provided a wishlist, not a plan.

At least Romney has a plan, and i believe he can do it.
Obama's just going to hire someone to "fix" the economy for him! He has NO IDEA what to do!!!

i figure the way our last two democratic presidents were treated pretty much ends any pretense at cooperation.

and there isn't anything in the rightwingnut extremist agenda that any of us could support anyway.

ah well... i'm sure he'd get over it.

or not.

Democrats need to be defeated, not cooperated with.

Yup, let's put party over country! That a boy junior.
A huge majority of Americans want compromise in Washington but the children want it their way or they are going to take the ball and go home!

Of course he has plans, you can find them online easily and it is intellectually dishonest to say otherwise. That being said, what you are referring to is the liberal talking point that he won't name specific loopholes or programs that he plans to get rid of...which is again, intellectually dishonest because you do not discuss WHY he doesn't list them.

He has stated NUMEROUS TIMES that he understands that you do not come to the negotiation table and scream "I WANT A, B, and C!!! I WON'T GIVE YOU ANYTHING YOU WANT!!! GIMMIE WHAT I WANT AND SHUT UP BECAUSE I WON! I WON! I WON!" Well, I should clarify...you don't come to the negotiation table and say that unless you are Obama or you genuinely don't want to accomplish anything...or both.

Romney plans to come to the negotiation table with the Dems and congress and say, "I want these key items...you want these key items. I might be willing to give up some things to get what I want...what are you willing to give up to get what you want? Lets talk."

You don't work in a bi-partisan fashion by showing up with a list of demands and refusing to budge from them. Therefore, there is NOTHING to be gained by coming up with such a list. The only people that benefit from that sort of list are liberals who want Romney to name things so they can put out misleading ads demonizing him for whatever he says should be discussed.

The bottom line is...for 4 years we've listened to the left screech that anyone who opposes this President is racist and wrong. When Governor Romney becomes President Romney..the Democrats in Congress need to state that they are looking forward to sitting down with the new President and working together to form plans to fix the problems facing our nation...or prove themselves hypocrites.

And it looks like we don't even need to wait until Election Day to see if they are hypocrites...Harry Reid just showed that they are.

This is all going to be a moot point anyway as Obama is more than likely going to win on Tuesday.

If Romney wins, I hope the Senate Democrats break the GOP's record for filibusters.

That would be awesome payback.

Not a chance. You know why? Because Romney will actually be willing to Compromise, and not just pretend he is.

If Romney wins, and the Republicans hold the house and pick up a few Senate seats but not enough to control it. It would be a Horrible Decision Politically for the Dems to Obstruct for the sake of Obstructing. That will have been 2 Election cycles in which Dems lost power, I would not call it wise to follow that up by be Obstructionist. Not if they want to get back into power.

Last edited:
Maybe obama could have worked with republicans if he had shown up. He didn't show up, he stopped showing up over a year ago. He played golf and gave lavish policies that are now coming under congressional investigation for waste.

If obama is reelected, he is going to find every second of the last four years under investigation.

Forum List

Back