Harry Reid threatens obstruction if Romney wins.

Obama, win or lose, will not negotiate on the tax cuts.

They will go through, and if the Tea Party does not compromise, so will sequestration.

If Obama loses, he can just let the Bush tax cuts expire if the GOP won't make a deal.

The OP is amusing, given how obstinate the Tea Party Republicans were.

The congress-people of the tea party are representing their constituents and honoring the promises they gave. Reid was not elected by his constituents to create a blockade to leeguslation, and the office of majority leader has a responsibility to the legislative process. There really is no comparison between the two in their relative roles.

Last edited:

They will go through, and if the Tea Party does not compromise, so will sequestration.

If Obama loses, he can just let the Bush tax cuts expire if the GOP won't make a deal.

He got burned the last time he capitulated on the tax cuts..so yeah..the rich are going to see their taxes go up a couple of points.

What's being threatened is the big fat defense contractors that the "cut government spending" conservatives want to get government spending.

:lol:

Last edited:
The TP minority have a responsibility to help govern, not obstruct. The tail does not wag the dog.

He got burned the last time he capitulated on the tax cuts..so yeah..the rich are going to see their taxes go up a couple of points.

What being threatened is the big fat defense contractors that the "cut government spending" conservatives want to get government spending.

seeing you people suggest playing games with the tax cuts then laugh that ANY Amercian citizens having their taxes raised is simply amazing and rather sad

The TP minority have a responsibility to help govern, not obstruct. The tail does not wag the dog.

No they don't.

They are ideologues..and meant to obstruct.

The responsiblity really falls to the people to put responsible and professional politicians into congress.

Not nuts.

What being threatened is the big fat defense contractors that the "cut government spending" conservatives want to get government spending.

seeing you people suggest playing games with the tax cuts then laugh that ANY Amercian citizens having their taxes raised is simply amazing and rather sad

I don't have a problem with raising taxes on those American citizens that use the lion's share of government resources, then use other people's labor to make obscene amounts of money. Then use those profits offshore to generate even more wealth for themselves.

Then..use part of that obscene wealth to seize power.

It's the whole cycle that I just posted..I have problems with..

And it's rather sad conservatives cheer it.

I don't have a problem with raising taxes on those American citizens that use the lion's share of government resources, then use other people's labor to make obscene amounts of money. Then use those profits offshore to generate even more wealth for themselves.

Then..use part of that obscene wealth to seize power.

It's the whole cycle that I just posted..I have problems with..

And it's rather sad conservatives cheer it.

Yeah right, that's why you liberals VOTE for all those with Obscene wealth who use it to seize power then bitch about other who have it..you make me laugh

Reid says he can't work with Romney - Washington Times

It sounds like a reason to get democrats out of the senate like they were gotten out of Congress.

"Mitt Romney's fantasy that Senate Democrats will work with him to pass his 'severely conservative' agenda is laughable," Mr. Reid said in a statement on Friday

I guess he decided to make the Dems the new "Party of No".

It's only obstruction when Republicans do it.

When Dems do it, it's "sticking to their principles".

Or some hypocritical horseshit like that.

It sounds like a reason to get democrats out of the senate like they were gotten out of Congress.

"Mitt Romney's fantasy that Senate Democrats will work with him to pass his 'severely conservative' agenda is laughable," Mr. Reid said in a statement on Friday

It's only obstruction when Republicans do it.

When Dems do it, it's "sticking to their principles".

Or some hypocritical horseshit like that.

yep, that's the horseshit alright:lol:

I've heard a lot of people here and elsewhere screeching that if Obama hasn't been as successful as he could have/should have been its because the Republicans said from day one that they wouldn't work with him to pass his agenda and they'd do everything they could to make sure his agenda DIDN'T pass.

This was proclaimed awful, unreasonable, RACIST, unheard of...never been done before in the history of politics, etc. etc.

So the Democrats, being the "nice, reasonable, logical, calm, open-minded" party are going to be willing to listen to Romney's plans and work with him to reach decisions that will help our country move forward....right???

"Mitt Romney's fantasy that Senate Democrats will work with him to pass his 'severely conservative' agenda is laughable," Mr. Reid said in a statement on Friday...

Oh....nevermind. I forgot. Opposition to Obama means you're an unreasonable racist. Opposition to Romney will go back to being what it was when Bush was president..."the highest form of patriotism."

What plans? He's provided a wishlist, not a plan.
"Hope." "Change." "Forward."

I guess it's different...somehow...it just is!! when Obama does it, huh?

i figure the way our last two democratic presidents were treated pretty much ends any pretense at cooperation.

and there isn't anything in the rightwingnut extremist agenda that any of us could support anyway.

ah well... i'm sure he'd get over it.

or not.

Yeah.....treated with a surplus......:eusa_whistle:

Instead he and the Dems in Congress made it clear they wanted Republicans to sit down and shut the fuck up and it was their way or the fucking highway.

This isn't ancient history, I'm reasonably certain you're old enough to have lived through this era. How is your memory of it so faulty?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz5AmhI9g7o]Senate Republicans Block Own Amendments on Health Care Bill - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back