Hardly credible Trump claim about wanting to donate to Harvey relief

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Sarah Sanders at today's WH press conference stated:

Trump "would like to join in the effort we've seen a lot of the people across this country do...He's pledging a million dollars of personal money to the fund...[he's] asked that I check with the folks in this room since you are very good at researching things and have been doing a lot of reporting into the groups and organizations [that are] best and most effective at providing aid."​

Sanders finished by saying she'd be happy to take the suggestions people had.

Sounds great, but Trump wants suggestions from the WH press corp? Seriously?? Why? On the morning of August 29th, Trump's re-election campaign sent out a list Tuesday of organizations to which Americans can donate in order to help with the Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. The groups that have the Trump campaign's approbation are: American Red Cross, The Salvation Army, The United Way, The SPCA of Texas, The SPCA of Louisiana, The Houston Humane Society, and The Louisiana Humane Society.

What the hell?

cry-baby-bitches-cry-baby-bitches-everywhere-com-14230874.png

So you say...and yet you put forth nothing that indicates the implausibility of what the OP states or posits. Neither do you have sound and credible answers to the questions the OP asks. Instead, all you have to say attacks me; however, the OP isn't about me because I'm not the one in need of Trump's donation. I hope he does donate the money he says he will, but I see no basis for thinking that he will. Insofar as you've not responded with a credible refutation of the doubt expressed in the OP, apparently you either (1) agree or (2) can't think of a good reason not to have doubts of the sort implied and expressed in the OP.

Shoes! Shoes!
B-b-but he didn't say the right words in the right order! He's a racist! Remove him from office!

What total nonsense.

So you say...and yet you put forth nothing that indicates the implausibility of what the OP states or posits. Neither do you have sound and credible answers to the questions the OP asks. Instead, all you have to say attacks me; however, the OP isn't about me because I'm not the one in need of Trump's donation. I hope he does donate the money he says he will, but I see no basis for thinking that he will. Insofar as you've not responded with a credible refutation of the doubt expressed in the OP, apparently you either (1) agree or (2) can't think of a good reason not to have doubts of the sort implied and expressed in the OP.

I'm mocking you

You are such a victim LMAO They can't stand it TRUMP donated his own money because that bag of shit Obama would never do such things so of course one of his mental cult followers has to make a claim " IT's NOT TRUE" omg you fkrs are pathetic!!

upload_2017-8-31_15-20-52.png

Last edited:
Wait a minute............................Trump has spent the past year and a half demonizing the "lamestream media" and the "fake news", and now he's asking them for advice as to where to donate money?

You've gotta be kidding me.................................he spends a whole bunch of time bad mouthing the media repeatedly, and now he's looking to them for advice.

You can't make this crap up.

1 million is not -0-, give him credit when its due. I criticize when I do not think his actions are best for the nation, time for some praise when he donates to any worthy org.

1 million is not -0-, give him credit when its due. I criticize when I do not think his actions are best for the nation, time for some praise when he donates to any worthy org.

But see...............that's the point. Trump has only SAID he's gonna give, he hasn't given anything yet. And, because of his last fiasco where he said he raised over 5 million for veterans, yet didn't give the money to them for over six months and it took public shaming to do it, I'm gonna wait and see if he actually does what he said he will.

I'm mocking you

Yes, that is clear...I suspect almost everyone here recognizes an ad hominem attack when they see one.

What is equally clear is that, as I stated before, you have resorted to mocking me and have put forth nothing that indicates the implausibility of what the OP states or posits. Neither do you have sound and credible answers to the questions the OP asks.

So along with it being no mystery that you've mocked/attacked me, it's also no mystery that in doing so, you haven't actually diminished the merit or plausibility of the actual remarks I made in the OP. It's no mystery because at least as far back as the middle of the third century B.C. when Aristotle penned Sophistical Refutations and Rhetoric, people of rational mien have known of that tack's inadequacy.

When words just fail me....

c49237c8f97eeaada65ae1f36b4329f7--charlie-brown-friends-charlie-brown-peanuts.jpg

Well, grow the hell up!

I don't cry when words fail me. Instead, I think about the matter and find some relevant and coherent words to say, that is if I feel like I actually want to express myself.

Why yes, let's pretend altruism a bad thing if Trump does it.
How much more did the Obamas donate to New Orleans during that flood? I don't recall a figure. Was it more, and did he get down there right away to assess the damage? And did he ask for the FEMA money to be returned?

Last edited:

I'm mocking you

Yes, that is clear...I suspect almost everyone here recognizes an ad hominem attack when they see one.

What is equally clear is that, as I stated before, you have resorted to mocking me and have put forth nothing that indicates the implausibility of what the OP states or posits. Neither do you have sound and credible answers to the questions the OP asks.

So along with it being no mystery that you've mocked/attacked me, it's also no mystery that in doing so, you haven't actually diminished the merit or plausibility of the actual remarks I made in the OP. It's no mystery because at least as far back as the middle of the third century B.C. when Aristotle penned Sophistical Refutations and Rhetoric, people of rational mien have known of that tack's inadequacy.

When words just fail me....

c49237c8f97eeaada65ae1f36b4329f7--charlie-brown-friends-charlie-brown-peanuts.jpg

Well, grow the hell up!

I don't cry when words fail me. Instead, I think about the matter and find some relevant and coherent words to say, that is if I feel like I actually want to express myself.

Wut?

Hint: I'm still mocking you

Wait a minute............................Trump has spent the past year and a half demonizing the "lamestream media" and the "fake news", and now he's asking them for advice as to where to donate money?

You've gotta be kidding me.................................he spends a whole bunch of time bad mouthing the media repeatedly, and now he's looking to them for advice.

You can't make this crap up.
Trump has spent the past year and a half demonizing the "lamestream media" and the "fake news", and now he's asking them for advice as to where to donate money?

Thank you. I wondered how many posts'd go by before someone remarked on that aspect of the matter. LOL. Touché

Why yes, let's pretend altruism a bad thing if Trump does it.
How much more did the Obamas donate to New Orleans during that flood? I don't recall a figure. Was it more, and did he get down there right away to the damage? And did he ask for the FEMA money be returned?
let's pretend altruism a bad thing if Trump does it.

Dude, given Trump's dubious track record with charitable giving, what one must pretend is that he'll actually donate the million he's said he would.

Whether he will actually donate a million bucks to Harvey-relief efforts/funds is the OP question/theme. Insofar as the man's campaign identified charities it found deserving and legitimate, one must wonder why he's asking anyone for input regarding to what charity(s) he might donate. His own people already identified about six perfectly fine organizations, one being the American Red Cross. What is there negative to say about donating $1M to the American Red Cross?

If Trump does actually "pony up," then yes, his act will be rightly construed as altruistic. So far he has not, and yet he wrote multimillion dollar checks to his campaign and asserted in a debate that he earned about $600M in 2015 (2015? 2016 ?). What's he waiting for? Perhaps he's waiting for everyone to forget he promised to do so? Perhaps he's waiting for the most immediate need(s) to pass? Maybe he's waiting for more people to die?

Last edited:
1 million is not -0-, give him credit when its due.

Sure. I give Trump credit for having said he'll give $1M to the cause.

He won't get credit for giving $1M to the cause until he actually disburses the money.

Forum List

Back