Hardly credible Trump claim about wanting to donate to Harvey relief

Sarah Sanders at today's WH press conference stated:

Trump "would like to join in the effort we've seen a lot of the people across this country do...He's pledging a million dollars of personal money to the fund...[he's] asked that I check with the folks in this room since you are very good at researching things and have been doing a lot of reporting into the groups and organizations [that are] best and most effective at providing aid."​

Sanders finished by saying she'd be happy to take the suggestions people had.

Sounds great, but Trump wants suggestions from the WH press corp? Seriously?? Why? On the morning of August 29th, Trump's re-election campaign sent out a list Tuesday of organizations to which Americans can donate in order to help with the Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. The groups that have the Trump campaign's approbation are: American Red Cross, The Salvation Army, The United Way, The SPCA of Texas, The SPCA of Louisiana, The Houston Humane Society, and The Louisiana Humane Society.

What the hell?
How much have you contributed to Texas flood relief? God bless the
President for sharing some of his wealth.

At least one Democrat billionaire has pledged 10 million. Makes Donnie's pledge seem trite.

Remember when he pledged to donate all the profits from his DC hotel to charity. What ever happened to that?
How much of your income are you donating to charity?

At least one Democrat billionaire has pledged 10 million. Makes Donnie's pledge seem trite.

Remember when he pledged to donate all the profits from his DC hotel to charity. What ever happened to that?

I donate zero to charity because people who need charity are stupid beyond belief. People who live on the Gulf or Atlantic coast should expect Hurricanes. The new Hurricane is Irma and headed West toward the Caribbean Sea with a possible veer North.

I think Trump was asking the media to get off their LAZY BIASED ASSES and DO SOMETHING GOOD FOR A CHANGE................

Like promote donations on their network to help Americans...............Perhaps they could donate themselves................

And Liberals here still bitch and moan about it..............lol

These companies are donating to Harvey relief

Trump gives as much as Walmart.........and other major companies............

And the left goes Trump sucks.

Riddle me this.............how much did Obama give........

And does the Trump administration have the same kind of problems the Clinton Foundation have with missing funds from Haiti.........?????????? Where did that money go and the CLINTON FOUNDATION IS NON PROFIT. bwahahahahahahahahahaha

President Trump could donate his entire net worth and the regressive retards will still hate him just as much.

Harvey due in Central Ohio this evening and we need rain. One million is chump change for Trump but a valiant effort showing Good Will.
so how much chump change have you donated? if you have then next sentence doesn't apply to you. but i hear others bitch and whine all the time about what xyz person is or is not doing and it's old. focus on ourselves for awhile. put that same standard we hold on others on us.

just sit and judge. all far too many do.

Wait a minute............................Trump has spent the past year and a half demonizing the "lamestream media" and the "fake news", and now he's asking them for advice as to where to donate money?

You've gotta be kidding me.................................he spends a whole bunch of time bad mouthing the media repeatedly, and now he's looking to them for advice.

You can't make this crap up.
President Trump was basically telling the LIB MSM: "I know you LIB assholes will attack me no matter who I give the money to so I'm short circuiting your bullshit by taking your advice so then you'll have no one to attack but yourselves".
Smart move on Trump's part.

Trump "would like to join in the effort we've seen a lot of the people across this country do...He's pledging a million dollars of personal money to the fund...[he's] asked that I check with the folks in this room since you are very good at researching things and have been doing a lot of reporting into the groups and organizations [that are] best and most effective at providing aid."​

Sounds great, but Trump wants suggestions from the WH press corp? Seriously?? Why? On the morning of August 29th, Trump's re-election campaign sent out a list Tuesday of organizations to which Americans can donate in order to help with the Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. The groups that have the Trump campaign's approbation are: American Red Cross, The Salvation Army, The United Way, The SPCA of Texas, The SPCA of Louisiana, The Houston Humane Society, and The Louisiana Humane Society.

What the hell?
Give the guy a break for once, Xelor.

Well, the sum Trump has promised to donate is large and whether it could be larger or not is not an argument I'm going to try making. People donate sums they feel they can spare and it's not my place to say any individual should donate more than they have. The point of and question asked in my OP is whether Trump's assertion that he'll donate $1M to "Harvey" relief efforts is credible. I'm thrilled for the people of Houston that Trump has verbally pledged the money. I just haven't much confidence that he'll actually donate it.

As goes the matter of the sum of money, what stands out to me is that JJ Watt donated however much he personally did, in part by soliciting his fans, friends, colleagues, etc. and he's thus far raised some $13M for the cause.

I would have thought that Trump (perhaps Melania, Ivanka, Eric, Don Jr., etc), or one of his billionaire appointees or multi-hundred-millionaire appointees, would have coordinated a similar effort. How much any one of them donated isn't the point; that at least one of them (or a family member) made instructed such an effort to be made. Truth be told, I haven't even heard Trump so much as say something to the effect of his challenging his cabinet, $200K-membership Mar-a-Lago members, to each donate $1M, $500K, $100K, etc, as he claims he will.
You have no idea who has donated money.
I wonder how much cash BONOBO and 'Michael' have donated?

The little bitch doesn't have an income.
Cleaning the garbage from the local AW parking lot twice a week doesn't leave much cash left over after buying dope and red liquorice and vaseline.

The little bitch doesn't have an income.
Cleaning the garbage from the local AW parking lot twice a week doesn't leave much cash left over after buying dope and red liquorice and vaseline.
Why don't you tell us what you do for income and I'll tell you what I do for income?

What the hell?
I give breaks to individuals who earn them.

Then said Jesus unto him, "Put up again thy [pen] into his place: for all they that take the [pen] shall perish with the [pen]."
-- Matthew 26:52 (adapted)​

Wait a minute............................Trump has spent the past year and a half demonizing the "lamestream media" and the "fake news", and now he's asking them for advice as to where to donate money?

You've gotta be kidding me.................................he spends a whole bunch of time bad mouthing the media repeatedly, and now he's looking to them for advice.

You can't make this crap up.
you mean like cnn riding in rescue,helicopters?
you mean l9ke cnn faking a "rescue"?
you mean like cnn saying reporters are across the country from each other when in same parking lot?
you mean like "we need our weaves!"

cnn has been busted more times than a 90 year old vegas hooker n you still defend them for no other reason than… .

trump.

fucking ignorant.
Brainwashed.
Plus self serving. They defend cnn because they approve of propaganda in the place of journalism, and because they want to see the us destroyed by the left.

What the hell?

Then said Jesus unto him, "Put up again thy [pen] into his place: for all they that take the [pen] shall perish with the [pen]."
"adapted" lolol.
You are so pathetic.

What the hell?

I don't get it.

What the hell?

I don't get it.
Trump "lives" by the "sword" of his words; thus he must "die" by the "sword" of his critics words. He has earned no quarter from such "blows."

Last edited:

What the hell?
How much have you contributed to Texas flood relief? God bless the
President for sharing some of his wealth.

Perhaps you missed my earlier remarks that address an implied theme of your comment....
...the sum Trump has promised to donate is large and whether it could be larger or not is not an argument I'm going to try making. People donate sums they feel they can spare and it's not my place to say any individual should donate more than they have. The point of and question asked in my OP is whether Trump's assertion that he'll donate $1M to "Harvey" relief efforts is credible. I'm thrilled for the people of Houston that Trump has verbally pledged the money. I just haven't much confidence that he'll actually donate it.

If you are merely curious about what specifically I've contributed, I'm certainly not going to subject myself to your or anyone's approbation on that matter because what you or anyone thinks about the extent of my generosity is of no matter. I've contributed what I feel fitting and that I'm comfortable donating.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back