Hypocrite Loon fights coal in USA--Makes Millions on it overseas

MACAULAY

Platinum Member
Jun 23, 2013
Left-Wing Loons are nothing if not Hypocrites.

This Tom Steyer Hypocrite-Loon who now hates coal was investing in coal plants in Australia and making millions off of it as late as the end of 2012.

His company funded (and made millions from) a coal plant that will go on stream in 2015, and will gin out carbon for at least the next 30 years.

See article in the New York Times, no less:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/05/u...ojects.html?module=Search&mabReward=relbias:w

Left-wingers are nothing if not Hypocrites.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not hypocritical when you're a Democrat intending to Detroitify the entire USA

This is my opinion.

IF as the liberals say the government is run by big business, then why isn't the utility companies fighting what they are doing tooth and nail? Yes, there are some lawsuits but companies with little choice but, for example First Energy. FE is more then happy to close old fossil station instead of spending billions on bring them up to standard. This way they get rid of some of their excess capacity and force the price of electricity to where it should be, as said by FE CEO.

Also the GW fear is the perfect vehicle for liberals to flex their muscle. Any GW claim is made in the future. Yes, they point to reduced ice, then the other side points to record ice. Then they will point to droughts and the other side will point out there has always been droughts. So the fear is based on what is going to happen and in that case ANY scenario is possible. NYC can be underwater in a future made horrific by GW/CC/CD whatever.

Do I think that the liberals are being evil in pushing GW/CC/CD? Evil in the way they are doing it. It is human nature to try an make things better and I think most liberals feel they are doing so. It is better, in their eyes, that we combat GW/CC/CD then it is to promote industry. Those who oppose the fear of GW/CC/CD think it is a better world where energy isn't expensive and people are working to make energy. You know, like China is doing regardless of what we in America do.

Then there are just those who wish to tear down America by any means. Those are the most loathsome of beasts. they ignore the fact that US CO2 emissions have nose dived and say we are bad, but China whose CO2 emissions are increasing dramatically and they are building a coal station a week are good because they have plans to "do something."

As you point out, it is the case with most things liberals, do as I say not as I do.................

I saw that story this morning, and couldn't help but laugh. Some people have no morals. This man just thinks he is smarter than everyone else. :lol:

This is my opinion.

IF as the liberals say the government is run by big business, then why isn't the utility companies fighting what they are doing tooth and nail? Yes, there are some lawsuits but companies with little choice but, for example First Energy. FE is more then happy to close old fossil station instead of spending billions on bring them up to standard. This way they get rid of some of their excess capacity and force the price of electricity to where it should be, as said by FE CEO.

Also the GW fear is the perfect vehicle for liberals to flex their muscle. Any GW claim is made in the future. Yes, they point to reduced ice, then the other side points to record ice. Then they will point to droughts and the other side will point out there has always been droughts. So the fear is based on what is going to happen and in that case ANY scenario is possible. NYC can be underwater in a future made horrific by GW/CC/CD whatever.

Do I think that the liberals are being evil in pushing GW/CC/CD? Evil in the way they are doing it. It is human nature to try an make things better and I think most liberals feel they are doing so. It is better, in their eyes, that we combat GW/CC/CD then it is to promote industry. Those who oppose the fear of GW/CC/CD think it is a better world where energy isn't expensive and people are working to make energy. You know, like China is doing regardless of what we in America do.

Then there are just those who wish to tear down America by any means. Those are the most loathsome of beasts. they ignore the fact that US CO2 emissions have nose dived and say we are bad, but China whose CO2 emissions are increasing dramatically and they are building a coal station a week are good because they have plans to "do something."

As you point out, it is the case with most things liberals, do as I say not as I do.................

Utilities in Missouri have been fighting renewable energy constantly. Ameren and KCP&L try to say they can't pay the solar energy rebates guaranteed by law. Empire electric in Joplin and Springfield haven't paid 1 cent in rebates and are in court saying they don't have to pay.

All this over 1% of the energy source. Thats right. The voter referendum that Missouri passed in 2008 says that Utilities must get at least 1% of their energy from a renewable source. 1% and they are fighting tooth and nail to not do it.

So I call BS that utility companies aren't fighting the change.

Forum List

Back