Sadly it's a nasty rainy day here.

Dictionary​

Data from Oxford Languages

Look it up

bar·be·cue
[ˈbärbəˌkyo͞o]

NOUN
barbeque (noun)
  1. a meal or gathering at which meat, fish, or other food is cooked out of doors on a rack over an open fire or on a portable grill:

Last edited:
We.are gradually phasing away our charcoal grill and I will likely not replace it. Food can taste great without grilling, and grilling (with charcoal anyway) produces massive amounts of carcinogenic material which infuses into your food. As I get older I am learning to enjoy things which are not apexes of indulgence. We even dilute our juice with spring water or seltzer. Most of it is so sugary it may as well be soda pop. No wonder Americans are the most obese, diabetic people in the world.

I am not much for charcoal I like my BBq cooked over wood coals like pine or oak. Wait till the flames die down and the coals start getting the white ash beginning to form that's when you put on the meat.

I used an electric smoker this past weekend. Never again will i waste a cut of meat on one of those.
Charcoal and wood might cost a few more bucks, and requires more attention, but the taste etc is no comparison.
Use charcoal on National BBQ day :)

I am not much for charcoal I like my BBq cooked over wood coals like pine or oak. Wait till the flames die down and the coals start getting the white ash beginning to form that's when you put on the meat.
Do NOT use pine wood! It is extremely bad for you!

• Banned
We.are gradually phasing away our charcoal grill and I will likely not replace it. Food can taste great without grilling, and grilling (with charcoal anyway) produces massive amounts of carcinogenic material which infuses into your food. As I get older I am learning to enjoy things which are not apexes of indulgence. We even dilute our juice with spring water or seltzer. Most of it is so sugary it may as well be soda pop. No wonder Americans are the most obese, diabetic people in the world.
Good grief 🤪

And it taste like shit!!!
I wouldnt cook anything over pine....EVER!!!
No flames or smoke wait until it's just coals and the white ash starts to form on it. That's how we did it came out OK. when not pine we use scrub oak . some folks use citrus wood but I never have.

Forum List

Back