(Rant) A barbershop haircut with tip is $30 here...

Gas is $5+ a gallon. I used to BBQ steaks on the weekends...no more. $16 a pound?
EVERYTHING is more expensive.
Fuck you. Biden.
It's all Trump's fault?
Once again. Fuck you Biden.
How stupid do you think we are. Joe?
Go Trump 2024.
I can't get a decent scissor-cut unless I pay $50.
One girl cut my ear trying to do it.

Gas is $5+ a gallon. I used to BBQ steaks on the weekends...no more. $16 a pound?
Fuck you. Biden.
It's all Trump's fault?
Go Trump 2024.
That's what happens when the potus imposter declares war on industry. Fuel, agriculture, meat producers, manufacturing, employers, etc.

Fuck you. Biden.
It's all Trump's fault?
Go Trump 2024.

No No.. you just didnt get the memo .. your life is so better now, that Biden has brought down inflation. Sure prices are still going up but.... Biden brought down inflation..and once he decimates the energy industry by trying to reduce Carbon emmissions by 50% in six years... he's Really going to bring down the cost of everything for you. Youve actually never had it better !!

Hint: When you have to pay these prices, give the vendor a break and pay in cash. When I have my dog groomed, I pay the groomers in cash and I let them know that I never report these transactions and I hope that they don't either. Anytime possible, I do the same thing.

We can't do much about this shit but we can give somebody else who's struggling a tiny break.

Fuck you. Biden.
It's all Trump's fault?
Go Trump 2024.
Hombre, my hubby, is pretty bald except for a thin line of hair around the bottom of where his hair used to be. He won't let me cut that thin line of hair though and goes to the last old fashioned barbershop in Albuquerque where he pays $20 plus a $5 tip for the less than one minute haircut. (You would think there would be a discount involved but alas there isn't. So we feel your pain. (Those folks who have only a very few of their own teeth left and mostly dentures also pay full price for a dental cleaning now and those are three and four times as expensive as they used to be.)

But milk, eggs, flour, other basics remain at historical highs so ANY inflation on top of what has already accrued since Biden took office is difficult for those on limited budgets. A loaf of store brand bread we were paying 85 cents for all during the Trump years is now $1.59 for a smaller (around) loaf and thinner slices.

Biden flat out lied in the SOTU address this week when he said our inflation is the lowest in the world. Not even close.

1710015630443.png

The Canada rate I believe is a misprint as of January this year, their rate had fallen to 2.9%

A loaf of store brand bread we were paying 85 cents for all during the Trump years is now $1.59 for a smaller (around) loaf and thinner slices.
Our bread company has always overcharged. During Trump, a 1 lb loaf of cracked wheat bread was $2.39--now it is $2.79. What is that? About a 15% increase. Yeah, 3% inflation, my derriere

One does not “barbecue” a steak. You grill a steak using high, direct heat. “Barbecue” is the process of slow cooking meat at a low temperature (175-250F), usually with wood fire in order to impart a smoky flavor to the meat. A simple test to determine whether you are grilling or barbecuing is this: You can drink a can and a half of beer, or a Scotch and soda, while grilling a steak, including prep time. However, barbecuing requires a case of beer and some good music.

Last weekend I grilled. I bought 8 good pre-formed burger patties, a small pork tenderloin, and 2 fillets and grilled over wood coals. I had a couple other things I bought, like hamburger buns. It came up to $128.00 at Publix. You cannot even get through the 10-items-or-less checkout lane without dropping a hundy!

We still have a $12.00 barbershop but most places are at least $20.00. I just go the $12 shop and pay her $20 so I can pretend to be a big spender. The catch is you are getting whatever haircut she decides to give you. You can ask for it to be a certain way, but when you look in the mirror, you will see you look just like everybody you saw walking out on your way in.

One does not “barbecue” a steak. You grill a steak using high, direct heat. “Barbecue” is the process of slow cooking meat at a low temperature (175-250F), usually with wood fire in order to impart a smoky flavor to the meat. A simple test to determine whether you are grilling or barbecuing is this: You can drink a can and a half of beer, or a Scotch and soda, while grilling a steak, including prep time. However, barbecuing requires a case of beer and some good music.

Last weekend I grilled. I bought 8 good pre-formed burger patties, a small pork tenderloin, and 2 fillets and grilled over wood coals. I had a couple other things I bought, like hamburger buns. It came up to $128.00 at Publix. You cannot even get through the 10-items-or-less checkout lane without dropping a hundy!

Yeah, today I crossed the line. Bought one bag of normal groceries, no expensive supplements or higher end items, and paid $112!

I feel sad for the checkers because they must be getting all kinds of hell when they ring up the total. I kvetch at them a little but always apologize when I do. It's not their fault.

Forum List

Back