Happiest memory

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Close your eyes. Concentrate. Now..where are you and what are you seeing/feeling that made you happiest?

For me..I think the happiest I ever was, was when I was in Lahaina, Maui with my best friend at the time. I was younger, no illness, had money and was having a blast every day I was there walking Front Street.

Sounds silly...but it was a very happy time for me. All 2 weeks of it. From shopping, to taking a rest with one of the local shops mascot....a pot belly pig.

161cmwz.jpg

And your happy memory?

My youngest was about two weeks old. I was sleeping on the couch with her sleeping in the bassinet next to me...and I woke up and heard her laughing in her sleep.

The absolute sweetest sound in the world. :) My grandmother-in-law used to say that babies who laughed in their sleep were playing with angels.

There are many great memories for me but one that stands out the most, my son was about a year old when I went away for a week to help a family member.

When I came home the look in his eyes, well I'm crying right now.

As an adult it's the births of my children. Then it was when they finally were gone. :D

As a five year old I've some extremely fond remembrances of frogging with my brother and sister. He stopped when he got all serious into studies and she kept on frogging with me. Then she found boys.

After that, it was me and the frogs.

Well, until I found girls, that is. :D

I tired really hard to think of something from my childhood...but can think of absolutely nothing. It was not a pleasant childhood.

The first thing that popped in my mind when I closed my eyes was Lahaina. THAT is where my happiest memory is.

I tired really hard to think of something from my childhood...but can think of absolutely nothing. It was not a pleasant childhood.

The first thing that popped in my mind when I closed my eyes was Lahaina. THAT is where my happiest memory is.

Finding a place of peace and happiness is very important and doubly so when there's been a lot of unhappy times.

And pigs are damnably smart creatures. I lived on a farm as a young boy and I learned to be careful around the pigs because if one didn't like you, they would tell others who would come by to smell you and then they had you. I only used my slingshot on one of them.

They remember. Even after years, they remember.

I remember that moment with some happiness. I'm certain the pig remembered it with other feelings.

My grandmother and I were very close. She passed without ever meeting my fiance. At the wedding, when the minister did the ring part, I found out that my grandparent's 25th wedding anniversary set was my new wedding band. Seriously fighting tears, but I was just all kinds of honored that my mom passed the set on to me.

I passed it on to my daughter, and she added another band using the two smaller diamonds on either side of the main band, and replaced them with sapphires.

This is the clearest shot. Just picture it with a matching band on the top side, for hers. With diamonds instead of sapphires - this is the original set.

Close your eyes. Concentrate. Now..where are you and what are you seeing/feeling that made you happiest?

For me..I think the happiest I ever was, was when I was in Lahaina, Maui with my best friend at the time. I was younger, no illness, had money and was having a blast every day I was there walking Front Street.

Sounds silly...but it was a very happy time for me. All 2 weeks of it. From shopping, to taking a rest with one of the local shops mascot....a pot belly pig.

161cmwz.jpg

And your happy memory?

Are you trying to fly, gracie?

there are to many to just pick one......

two amusing ones though....

Im hearing painful groaning.... and oh shit, that's me i am hearing and thinking COOL, not dead!

then five days later when they decide to feed me..... i swear that was the BEST cherry Popsicle ive ever tasted in my life. I cant even describe how happy i was eating that stupid Popsicle.

161cmwz.jpg

And your happy memory?

Are you trying to fly, gracie?

Nope, lol. I was watching tv and someone mentioned it in the film. Thought it a good topic to counter the negative that is semi permeating the place. :)

My most happiest memory is the last time that I got to see my most favorite singer James Otto on January 31, 2011. Just before I left to go home, I was able to get one last picture of me with him and when I felt his arms go around me, I would have gone right to the floor had the Lord not been there with me. :) :) :)

God bless you and James always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Then came the "cherry on top" as soon as the flash went off. I heard James say, "I love you!" to me. :) :) :)

161cmwz.jpg

And your happy memory?

My happiest memory was anytime I was in the presence of my grandmother. She made everything in my life beautiful and when she wasn't there night came again. She was all things beautiful to me. My greatest desire after seeing Jesus is to see her again. I know I will see her again. What a beautiful idea for a thread, Gracie! I think you just made my day just to think of her again! :eusa_angel: God bless you!!

I am sorry, Gracie. I pray every day from here on out is a day of being in Lahaina for you. May you even feel the winds off the sea blow through your hair! - Jeri

When I felt as well as knew I was in love with the woman who become my second wife (more than 20 years ago) so that I would not be alone after my first wife's passing. I knew, in part, it was so because I felt no "guilt" as part of the feeling and knowing.

Thanks, Gracie! I'm on my 71st trip around the sun so it may take a while to sweep the cobwebs out of my memory bank to come up with a pile of happy memories to compare in order to find the happiEST! I've been a basically happy boy most of my life.

I'm just guessing right now that it will hard to beat the day my first wife and I brought our first born daughter home. There is little to compare with looking at a new born child and realizing it's a part of you. I have been blessed with three healthy offspring and seven beautiful grandchildren. I hold them all dear to my heart.

Our second daughter was just as much a joy to behold, so it's a toss up so far.

Not to slight either daughter, but I seem to recall the joy of hearing our third was a son eclipsed the previous times by a smidgeon. (Sorry, ladies!) My father's name would live on...despite my brother and his wife being blessed with four girls.

...and then, recently my son and his lovely wife announced the birth of their SECOND SON!...so my family name will live on long after I have returned to dust. That is extremely pleasing!

There now! It didn't take that long! My happiest moment is right now! :lol:

Thanks, Gracie!...for making me think on it!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back