Hanoi Jane

all this crap about some damned actress and no concern about this country making porofit off of war under the republicans for decades now.

Attention dumb-ass -

Vietnam began under a DEMOCRAP (JFK) and continued under a DEMOCRAP (Johnson) until Nixon ended the fucking thing.

Are you seriously this fucking dense?

it began under eisenhower

thanks for playing

Ike was president in 1964?
Link?

all this crap about some damned actress and no concern about this country making porofit off of war under the republicans for decades now.

Some people can think about more than one thing at a time.
Try it some time

hmmmmmmm NO WAIT-----I didn't mean it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never mind the fact that the actual thread topic is something she tries to chide folks for discussing.

:eusa_shhh:

Gee, who could forget or forgive President Hoover, Gen. MacArthur, his aide Dwight Eisenhower and Major George Patton for their role in the "Bonus Army Affair"?
Jane Fonda was a young actress; Hoover, who gave the order was POTUS, and the rest were all graduates of the US Militay Academy at West Point.

Who could forgive or forget SSolicitor General Robert Bork for firing Special Prosecutor Archibald Cox on October 20, 1973? Bork acted after both Eliot Richardson and his assistant William D. Ruckelshaus resigned rather than obstruct justice.

Not the governments profits silly , it for the profits of their business buddies.

40 years ago, a young actress went to Hanoi and was used by the enemy for propaganda purposes

Since that time..

- Our former enemy is a valued trade partner
- Thousands of Americans visit Viet Nam
- That actress has repeatedly apologized
- That actress has not had a role in 20 years

I see why everyone is so worked up about it
What apology?

You may have heard that Jane Fonda apologized to Vietnam veterans in her current book. That's incorrect. She expressed "regret" for one photograph, but remains proud of her Radio Hanoi broadcasts, her efforts to achieve a Communist victory, and her attacks on American servicemen as war criminals. She never uses the word "apology."....​
Fonda's Pseudo-Apology - CBS News

"I would like to say something, not just to Vietnam veterans in New England, but to men who were in Vietnam, who I hurt, or whose pain I caused to deepen because of things that I said or did," she began. "I was trying to help end the killing and the war, but there were times when I was thoughtless and careless about it and I'm . . . very sorry that I hurt them. And I want to apologize to them and their families." Jane Fonda 1988

Last edited:

thanks for playing

Link?

does being this stupid hurt? ike sent advisers into nam in the 50's.

that's where it started, dopawoczki
Add to this, we were picking up the ball for France, which tried to hold onto it's colonial despotic power in SE Asia after WW2.

Really stupid move which continued with JFK.

40 years ago, a young actress went to Hanoi and was used by the enemy for propaganda purposes

Since that time..

- Our former enemy is a valued trade partner
- Thousands of Americans visit Viet Nam
- That actress has repeatedly apologized
- That actress has not had a role in 20 years

I see why everyone is so worked up about it
What apology?

You may have heard that Jane Fonda apologized to Vietnam veterans in her current book. That's incorrect. She expressed "regret" for one photograph, but remains proud of her Radio Hanoi broadcasts, her efforts to achieve a Communist victory, and her attacks on American servicemen as war criminals. She never uses the word "apology."
....​

"I would like to say something, not just to Vietnam veterans in New England, but to men who were in Vietnam, who I hurt, or whose pain I caused to deepen because of things that I said or did," she began. "I was trying to help end the killing and the war, but there were times when I was thoughtless and careless about it and I'm . . . very sorry that I hurt them. And I want to apologize to them and their families." Jane Fonda 1988
Link?

And, if we assume what you type to be what Fonda said in 1988, she said in her book in 2005 that she has no regrets for what she did except that a photo was taken.

Attention dumb-ass -

Vietnam began under a DEMOCRAP (JFK) and continued under a DEMOCRAP (Johnson) until Nixon ended the fucking thing.

Are you seriously this fucking dense?

thanks for playing

In 1954 the neo-cons of the day pushed Eisenhower to use the A-Bomb on the Communitsts; IKE rebuked the crazies and refused to send direct military support (our kids into harms way) to aid the French in defense of Dienbienphu.

Yet he sadly set the polcy by continuing to aid the French with supplies and at the time remarked, "if you have a row of dominoes set up, you knock over the first one, and what will happen to the last one is the certainty that it will go over rather quickly".

The words of a patriotic American citizen who sacrificed her career and finical resources to help stop an unjust and immoral war.

I wish there were more like her today. :cool:

What apology?

You may have heard that Jane Fonda apologized to Vietnam veterans in her current book. That's incorrect. She expressed "regret" for one photograph, but remains proud of her Radio Hanoi broadcasts, her efforts to achieve a Communist victory, and her attacks on American servicemen as war criminals. She never uses the word "apology."
....​

Link?

And, if we assume what you type to be what Fonda said in 1988, she said in her book in 2005 that she has no regrets for what she did except that a photo was taken.

she has been very consistent in apologizing for that photo and the pain it caused servicemen, but not for her anti-war stance.

works for me

The words of a patriotic American citizen who sacrificed her career and finical resources to help stop an unjust and immoral war.

You wish those who have no regrets about their disrespect for soldiers, Marines, and sailors in Vietnam were more common?

Wow.

There are, the Westboro Baptist Church.

thanks for playing

Link?

does being this stupid hurt? ike sent advisers into nam in the 50's.

that's where it started, dopawoczki

Sending in observers is not committing thousands of troops to engage the enemy, dumbfuck.

Perhaps you should enlist and experience service to your country. Then, possibly, you'd be able to comprehend.

Dumb ass...

Forum List

Back