Hamas Charter: Vision, Fact and Fiction

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
By Dr. Ahmed Yousef - Gaza

The Israeli occupation has never missed an opportunity to brand Hamas a fundamentalist, terrorist, racist, anti-Semitic organization. True to the Mossad motto which states 'By way of deception, though shall do war,' it has excelled at taking select articles from the Islamic party’s charter and using them, out of context, to justify its claims.

The Israelis have, for example, translated the charter to several languages, English and French included, intentionally perverting the substance of its tenets to suit their purposes. Those aims were to market its fraudulent translation to as many Western politicians, academics and media channels as possible; and therefore make it easier to claim security concerns as the basis for their legal infractions. The fear-mongering is designed to horrify the West so much that it turns a blind eye to the crimes against humanity which contravene international law.

Despite my consistent clarification that Hamas must be evaluated on its official actions and political positions, it is evident that the Israeli propaganda machine has over a two year period successfully brainwashed those it has targeted. Many observers have become incapable of making an impartial assessment of the significant transformations the movement has undergone; and instead have parroted the Israeli position, adopting the obstinacy of what a local colloquialism notes “is a goat, even if it has wings.”

The Israeli occupation has never missed an opportunity to brand Hamas a fundamentalist, terrorist, racist, anti-Semitic organization. True to the Mossad motto which states 'By way of deception, though shall do war,' it has excelled at taking select articles from the Islamic party’s charter and using them, out of context, to justify its claims.

The Israelis have, for example, translated the charter to several languages, English and French included, intentionally perverting the substance of its tenets to suit their purposes. Those aims were to market its fraudulent translation to as many Western politicians, academics and media channels as possible; and therefore make it easier to claim security concerns as the basis for their legal infractions. The fear-mongering is designed to horrify the West so much that it turns a blind eye to the crimes against humanity which contravene international law.

Despite my consistent clarification that Hamas must be evaluated on its official actions and political positions, it is evident that the Israeli propaganda machine has over a two year period successfully brainwashed those it has targeted. Many observers have become incapable of making an impartial assessment of the significant transformations the movement has undergone; and instead have parroted the Israeli position, adopting the obstinacy of what a local colloquialism notes “is a goat, even if it has wings.”

We don't need "your" clarification. Yasser Arrafat was the sixth wealthiest person in the world during his "reign" over the Palestinians. We see the attrocities the "terrorists" comitt on their own people. We see the attrocities Palestinians engage on Israeli citizens. Their charter is less important than their actions. The money the UN sends to the refuge camps are not spent on the people, it is embezzled by the leadership. I don't really care what Israelis say about what Hamas believes. I just watch Hamas and its actions. They are corrupt, violent and bring no benefit to the world.

Arafat was wealthy. Abbas, and his family and friends are wealthy too. They get paid well by the US and others to sell the Palestinians down the river. Their corruption is well known.

That is why the people elected Hamas.

The motto is actually "For by wise guidance you can wage your war", so your guy is basically lying right off the bat.

We don't need "your" clarification. Yasser Arrafat was the sixth wealthiest person in the world during his "reign" over the Palestinians. We see the attrocities the "terrorists" comitt on their own people. We see the attrocities Palestinians engage on Israeli citizens. Their charter is less important than their actions. The money the UN sends to the refuge camps are not spent on the people, it is embezzled by the leadership. I don't really care what Israelis say about what Hamas believes. I just watch Hamas and its actions. They are corrupt, violent and bring no benefit to the world.

It's not hard to see just what they do, since all one has to do is watch their acts I agree.

Palestine Papers: PA, Israel Discussed Targeting Palestinian Militants

The news network Al Jazeera continues to release more revelations contained in the "Palestine Papers" — more than 1,700 files from Israeli-Palestinian negotiations between 1999 and 2010. The latest disclosures show Palestinian officials discussed cooperating with Israel in killing Palestinian militants in the Occupied Territories. In one exchange, Palestinian and Israeli officials talked about targeting militant leader Hassan al-Madhoun four months before he was killed in an Israeli missile attack. Abdel Bari Atwan of the London-based Al-Quds Al-Arabi newspaper called the revelation "humiliating" for Palestinian leaders.

Abdel Bari Atwan: "I am absolutely shocked. A Palestinian official admitting that he is killing his own people to keep the authority, to keep the one gun, and this gun actually is collaborating with the Israeli security and in order to keep law and order. What kind of law and order he is keeping by killing his own people? I think this is really very, very shocking and very humiliating to the Palestinian people."

Democracy Now! | Headlines for January 26, 2011

Palestine Papers: PA, Israel Discussed Targeting Palestinian Militants

The news network Al Jazeera continues to release more revelations contained in the "Palestine Papers" — more than 1,700 files from Israeli-Palestinian negotiations between 1999 and 2010. The latest disclosures show Palestinian officials discussed cooperating with Israel in killing Palestinian militants in the Occupied Territories. In one exchange, Palestinian and Israeli officials talked about targeting militant leader Hassan al-Madhoun four months before he was killed in an Israeli missile attack. Abdel Bari Atwan of the London-based Al-Quds Al-Arabi newspaper called the revelation "humiliating" for Palestinian leaders.

Abdel Bari Atwan: "I am absolutely shocked. A Palestinian official admitting that he is killing his own people to keep the authority, to keep the one gun, and this gun actually is collaborating with the Israeli security and in order to keep law and order. What kind of law and order he is keeping by killing his own people? I think this is really very, very shocking and very humiliating to the Palestinian people."

Democracy Now! | Headlines for January 26, 2011

Do you really believe Hamas is "different"?

Arafat was wealthy. Abbas, and his family and friends are wealthy too. They get paid well by the US and others to sell the Palestinians down the river. Their corruption is well known.

So the top members of Hamas are not wealthy? they live like Robin Hood and give all their money to the poor?

So the top members of Hamas are not wealthy? they live like Robin Hood and give all their money to the poor?

Aziz Duwaik (Arabic: عزيز دويك*, Oɑzíz Dʋuɑỉk) (born c. 1950) has been the Speaker of the Palestinian Legislative Council (PLC) since his election to that post on 18 January 2006. He was imprisoned in Israel on 6 August 2006 on charges of being a member of Hamas, but he was released on 22 June 2009. Some Palestinians consider Duwaik, as speaker of the PLC, to be the acting President of the Palestinian National Authority, since the elected term of Mahmoud Abbas officially expired on 9 January 2009.[1][2]

Prior to becoming involved in political office, Duwaik was a professor of urban geography at An-Najah National University in Nablus on the West Bank. He holds a PhD in Regional and Architecture Planning from the University of Pennsylvania.[1]

Married, with seven children, one of his daughters is a school principal, and three of his other children are students of medicine or pharmacy. Duwaik's wife runs a daycare centre out of the family's house named Marj az-Zahour, after the place in Lebanon where her husband spent a year in exile in 1992.[1]

Aziz Duwaik - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not poor but they actually work for theirs.

Aziz Duwaik (Arabic: عزيز دويك*, Oɑzíz Dʋuɑỉk) (born c. 1950) has been the Speaker of the Palestinian Legislative Council (PLC) since his election to that post on 18 January 2006. He was imprisoned in Israel on 6 August 2006 on charges of being a member of Hamas, but he was released on 22 June 2009. Some Palestinians consider Duwaik, as speaker of the PLC, to be the acting President of the Palestinian National Authority, since the elected term of Mahmoud Abbas officially expired on 9 January 2009.[1][2]

Prior to becoming involved in political office, Duwaik was a professor of urban geography at An-Najah National University in Nablus on the West Bank. He holds a PhD in Regional and Architecture Planning from the University of Pennsylvania.[1]

Married, with seven children, one of his daughters is a school principal, and three of his other children are students of medicine or pharmacy. Duwaik's wife runs a daycare centre out of the family's house named Marj az-Zahour, after the place in Lebanon where her husband spent a year in exile in 1992.[1]

Thats 1 person, are you telling me there is no Hamas millionares?

I haven't heard of any. Most are refugees. If there were any assets in the family they were stolen by Israel in 1947/48.

I haven't heard of any. Most are refugees. If there were any assets in the family they were stolen by Israel in 1947/48.

So Hamas are all poor refugees? The official headquarters of Hamas is in Damascus, trust me those guys are not poor refugees either.

So Hamas are all poor refugees? The official headquarters of Hamas is in Damascus, trust me those guys are not poor refugees either.

I'd like to know where all the money goes then. Certainly not to the "citizens". It must just disappear as the honest Hamas would never steal it all and travel to Dubai under false passports to live and enjoy life.

:razz:

Palestinian Dubai Murder Suspects are Hamas Members – Palestinian Security Official

By Kifah Zaboun and Mohamed Al-Du'ma

Ramallah, Amman, Asharq Al-Awsat- Palestinian Authority police spokesman General Adnan al-Dameeri played down Hamas's accusations that the two Palestinians who have been arrested in Dubai on suspicion of participating in the assassination of senior Hamas member Mahmoud al-Mabhouh were working for the Palestinian Authority security forces.

Al-Dameeri told Asharq Al-Awsat that "we have complete information about their identities, and I say to you, they work for the security apparatus of Hamas, and one of them who holds the rank of major traveled to work in Sharjah [in the UAE], as for how he obtained this rank and why he traveled to Sharjah, it is up to Hamas to answer." General al-Dameeri also said that he "challenges them [Hamas] to declare their names" and he called on the Hamas leadership to "draw lessons from this incident."

General al-Dameeri also said "I ask them [Hamas] to reconsider and open investigations into all previous assassinations, and inform us how Hamas Interior Minister Said Seyam was assassinated, as well as [former] Hamas leader Abdul Aziz al-Rantissi, and senior Hamas member Ismail Abu Shanab, and many others." He added "in all cases of the assassination of Hamas leaders, did Hamas conduct investigations [into these]?

Where are the results?"

Click

Ropey the top Hamas guys are living it up in Damascus in chalets while their brothers live like crap in Gaza.

Yes, the main leaders.

But the ones just down from the top. The major leaders spend more time in Dubai than in the Gaza. It's only the ones who have yet to steal enough money that stay in Gaza.

When they steal enough they go to Dubai. :razz:

Ropey the top Hamas guys are living it up in Damascus in chalets while their brothers live like crap in Gaza.

Yes, but the ones just down from the top. The major leaders spend more time in Dubai than in the Gaza.

Yeh I bet their having an awesome time in Dubai shopping, eating at restaurants and hitting up Russian hookers. What a joke.

Yes, but the ones just down from the top. The major leaders spend more time in Dubai than in the Gaza.

Yeh I bet their having an awesome time in Dubai shopping, eating at restaurants and hitting up Russian hookers. What a joke.

Drinking, gambling, etc.

Following the laws? That's for their 'citizens'.

Drinking, gambling, etc.

Following the laws? That's for their 'citizens'.

Hamas can't be honest about what they are, they expect their citizens to follow strict Islamic law while they galavant in Dubai drinking and living it up?

Forum List

Back