Half of Republicans said they feel betrayed by politicians from the Republican Party

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
5:59 p.m.

Republican voters in Tuesday's New Hampshire primary are much more negative about their politicians than Democrats are about theirs, according to early results of the exit poll conducted by Edison Research for the Associated Press and television networks. Half of Republicans said they feel betrayed by politicians from the Republican Party, while fewer than 2 in 10 Democrats say they feel betrayed by Democratic politicians.

The Latest: Half NH GOP voters feel betrayed by candidates

Half of Democratic voters said they're dissatisfied with the way government is working, with another 1 in 10 saying they're angry. That's even higher among Republican primary voters, with 9 in 10 voters saying they're either dissatisfied or angry.

About a third of Republican voters said the most important quality in a candidate is someone who shared their values, while about the same proportion said it was someone who could bring about needed change.

I'm one of them.

The self-proclaimed "mainstream" of The Republican Party is a mere subset of The Democrat Party except that the RINO leadership is somewhat more leftist than the average Democrat Party adherent.

Last edited:

Republican voters in Tuesday's New Hampshire primary are much more negative about their politicians than Democrats are about theirs, according to early results of the exit poll conducted by Edison Research for the Associated Press and television networks. Half of Republicans said they feel betrayed by politicians from the Republican Party, while fewer than 2 in 10 Democrats say they feel betrayed by Democratic politicians.

Half of Democratic voters said they're dissatisfied with the way government is working, with another 1 in 10 saying they're angry. That's even higher among Republican primary voters, with 9 in 10 voters saying they're either dissatisfied or angry.

About a third of Republican voters said the most important quality in a candidate is someone who shared their values, while about the same proportion said it was someone who could bring about needed change.

I'm one of them.
but yet just about everyone will vote for one anyway....

When I read an interview with Jeb Bush and he promises to undo Citizens United and never criticize Obama's Presidency I just couldn't believe this man just doesn't walk across the aisle and put a D behind his name.

While you can count me in on the folks that say the republicans should have done more, not many are aware of the gains that have been made because the media doesn't publicize it.

I'm going to provide a link to you that are interested that summarizes many of the gains made just in the recent omnibus bill. It was written by John Culberson's staff so they toot his horn a bit, but it's the most comprehensive list I've found.

https://culberson.house.gov/uploadedfiles/list_of_fy16_omnibus_wins_final.pdf

It's 8 pages long, but I think it's important for every conservative to read to counter some of the BS claims made by the regressives. Let me know what you think.

While you can count me in on the folks that say the republicans should have done more, not many are aware of the gains that have been made because the media doesn't publicize it.

I'm going to provide a link to you that are interested that summarizes many of the gains made just in the recent omnibus bill. It was written by John Culberson's staff so they toot his horn a bit, but it's the most comprehensive list I've found.

It's 8 pages long, but I think it's important for every conservative to read to counter some of the BS claims made by the regressives. Let me know what you think.

What I don't get is how on earth in this day and age are Republicans not able to get their message out. It's frustrating.

Take the media spouting off relentlessly about the "do nothing Congress". They hammered away at that bullshit day in and day out. Then I remember reading about all the bills that had been passed and Reid blocking them before the midterms.

I started digging and sure enough the Congress had really passed many good bills. The RNC has got to get a true communications team going to get their successes out in front of all the public.

Thanks for the link. Will read it later.

Trump wins New Hampshire. That sentiment seems to ring true there. Color me shocked.

giphy.gif

What I don't get is how on earth in this day and age are Republicans not able to get their message out. It's frustrating.

Take the media spouting off relentlessly about the "do nothing Congress". They hammered away at that bullshit day in and day out. Then I remember reading about all the bills that had been passed and Reid blocking them before the midterms.

I started digging and sure enough the Congress had really passed many good bills. The RNC has got to get a true communications team going to get their successes out in front of all the public.

Thanks for the link. Will read it later.

You're very welcome, it's worth taking the time.

GOPs big draw was being fiscally responsible. That's out the window !

Just look at the debates . No one is talking about cutting deficits . It's all walls and military spending .

I'm one of them.

So you will not vote for any incumbents this year?

I'm one of them.
They're also naïve and simplistic if they think voting for the likes or Trump or Sanders will 'change' anything – it won't.

Change cannot be realized from the top down; change can come from only the very local level, it won't happen overnight, and will require an amount of dedication most voters aren't willing to commit to.

Voters whine about being 'angry,' 'dissatisfied,' and 'betrayed,' yet they aren't willing to do what's necessary to address what they perceive to be 'problems' – and voting for 'outsiders,' amateurs, and 'anti-establishment' candidates for president will never bring about 'change.'

You know the old saying; Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall into whine.

Or something like that... :eusa_think:

Forum List

Back