Guns verses drugs

The same way you do away with the gun problem I reckon, pass a bunch of laws and hope for the best.

I dunno, what do you think?

Are you under the impression that there are a lack of laws against illegal drugs in this country?

Sure there are laws. So if these drugs are leaglized, does the problem get worse? I dunno.

Just because there are laws does not mean that those laws are effective. You could get draconian with drug dealers and give them the death penalty.

Like I said, I would start by sealing the border. It would limit guns, drugs, and gangs coming across the border.

We've been going after the dealers for quite some time, with no noticeable effect.

Going after them? You mean locking them up and then letting them go.

LOL.

Either years is prison or death should be an effective deterrent.

But it seems to not be the case.

Why is that?

I was not aware that the death penalty was in effect for drug dealers.

I question the political will to go after drug cartels. Just how much of their dirty money is being thrown at law enforcement and politicians. I'm sure it is a big problem.

With the level of demand we have, some one will meet it, if they have to use stealth subs to get it to market.

I think perhaps the worst of the worst is heroin. It is cheap and abundant and one hit and your life is ruined.

Almost none of that is true.

Heroin accounts for less than 20% of direct drug overdose deaths. Prescription painkiller abuse accounts for more than twice that.

Are you under the impression that there are a lack of laws against illegal drugs in this country?

Sure there are laws. So if these drugs are leaglized, does the problem get worse? I dunno.

Just because there are laws does not mean that those laws are effective. You could get draconian with drug dealers and give them the death penalty.

Like I said, I would start by sealing the border. It would limit guns, drugs, and gangs coming across the border.

We've been going after the dealers for quite some time, with no noticeable effect.

LOL.

Why is that?

Considering the death toll from turf wars and rip offs, death is a normal risk of the business.

And yet they industry grinds on.

Why is that?

I think perhaps the worst of the worst is heroin. It is cheap and abundant and one hit and your life is ruined.

Heroin accounts for less than 20% of direct drug overdose deaths. Prescription painkiller abuse accounts for more than twice that.

But it is harder to get addicted to presription drugs than it does to heroin. With heroin you take one hit and your life is over.

The reason there are more deaths with prescriptions is because there are more people using them.

dd

LOL.

Why is that?

Considering the death toll from turf wars and rip offs, death is a normal risk of the business.

Why is that?

The point is that prisons are overcrowded with these thugs. Releasing them make no sense, nor does warehousing them.

dd

LOL.

Why is that?

Why is that?

The point is that prisons are overcrowded with these thugs. Releasing them make no sense, nor does warehousing them.

Mass executions are not politically feasible.

But it is harder to get addicted to presription drugs than it does to heroin. With heroin you take one hit and your life is over.

The reason there are more deaths with prescriptions is because there are more people using them.

That is not true.

I know many people who have taken "one hit" of heroin, and been just fine. I personally have done much more than "one hit" of heroin in my life, and as far as I know, my life is still going on.

Heroin is the literally the same drug as many powerful prescription drugs. They work on your body in exactly the same way. The only significant difference between Oxycontin and heroin is on the black market, heroin is cheaper.

That is not true.

I know many people who have taken "one hit" of heroin, and been just fine. I personally have done much more than "one hit" of heroin in my life, and as far as I know, my life is still going on.

Heroin is the literally the same drug as many powerful prescription drugs. They work on your body in exactly the same way. The only significant difference between Oxycontin and heroin is on the black market, heroin is cheaper.

But I know of many people who only took one hit.

Heroin is cheap and easy to get, cheaper than any drug out there.

dd

LOL.

Why is that?

Why is that?

Just like securing the border is not politcally feasible. LOL.

Like I said, people at the top in the US are probably on the drug cartels payroll.

That is not true.

But I know of many people who only took one hit.

I don't know of many. But none of them had anything positive to say about it.

That is not true.

But I know of many people who only took one hit and that is all they cared about for the rest of their lives.

dd

Why is that?

Why is that?

Perhaps not.

dd

Why is that?

Perhaps not.

Of course it is politically feasible. The former USSR did it which proves it can be done. All that is needed is the political will to do so.

dd

Why is that?

Perhaps not.

Of course it is politically feasible. The former USSR did it which proves it can be done. All that is needed is the political will to do so.

Which we have not be able to muster for since Eisenhower.

dd

Perhaps not.

I guess that just leaves more hope and change.

Perhaps not.

That is the most likely scenario.

Perhaps not.

That is the most likely scenario.

Well then, take away the guns and let the games begin.

I always wondered how gangs and violent criminals would react to a gun ban. My guess is they keep their guns, or go to prison for a few days and come out again while innocent civilians are defensless.

Forum List

Back